Thread: Twink Pvp Awakes

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Twink Pvp Awakes

The game could’ve lasted years on the twink pvp system before awakes were released. Now the awake system bars all new players from progressing in the game. Ticking time bomb fun while it lasted.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Orderly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Yep. My playtime goes all the way back to 2012. When did I first actually decide to actually level up to endgame? It was level 41 (and even then I was rarely on my endgame). From the day PvP was introduced I was always a twink.

People were more willing to open crates because "Hey if I don't loot this arcane pet, then thats fine, at least I'll have legendaries to sell to twinks." Walking into town you were more likely to see a twink than an endgame character. People farmed endgame to equip their twinks. Heck, my source of income was from doing events on my twink. So no one can tell me twinking was going to kill the game/profits.

If I could go back in time, I would have warned them about para gems and having awakes not apply to PvP. If it weren't for these I guarantee we'd see more activity in twink lvls (theres other things but these two were the main).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Yep. My playtime goes all the way back to 2012. When did I first actually decide to actually level up to endgame? It was level 41 (and even then I was rarely on my endgame). From the day PvP was introduced I was always a twink.

People were more willing to open crates because "Hey if I don't loot this arcane pet, then thats fine, at least I'll have legendaries to sell to twinks." Walking into town you were more likely to see a twink than an endgame character. People farmed endgame to equip their twinks. Heck, my source of income was from doing events on my twink. So no one can tell me twinking was going to kill the game/profits.

If I could go back in time, I would have warned them about para gems and having awakes not apply to PvP. If it weren't for these I guarantee we'd see more activity in twink lvls (theres other things but these two were the main).
    Para gems are ok I think. They are not a huge advantage, and it was nice to have some diversity through paras when awakes did not exist. Now awakes make the most atrocious stats in the world. 10 all awakes and armor awakes ruined twink pvp. The max rolls should be 10 primary stat and 50 armor. No all stats. But cinco makes it clear that he doesn’t think twink pvp is an important part of this game.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Orderly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Orderly View Post
    Para gems are ok I think. They are not a huge advantage, and it was nice to have some diversity through paras when awakes did not exist. Now awakes make the most atrocious stats in the world. 10 all awakes and armor awakes ruined twink pvp. The max rolls should be 10 primary stat and 50 armor. No all stats. But cinco makes it clear that he doesn’t think twink pvp is an important part of this game.
    True, beating people who had paragems was definitely possible (if you were skilled). My issue with them was that sts released them once, limiting the supply of these in each level. I wouldn't have minded if they were constantly released every halloween. But by limiting the supply it created a bigger divide between players. PvP was the most fun when the average person could pick up some gear and participate.

There was also killing LB, but I don't blame them. I personally don't know how they could have solved the dummy problem properly.

Anyway right now the only PvP related thing I look forward to is Last man Standing. Some people (mainly rogues) hate it but I absolutely love it.