Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview: NEW Equipment Slot + The Jeweler's Jeopardy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

No one I know has looted the recipe either. None of my friends know someone that looted the recipe. Even if it's supposed to be rare it is way to rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Or...another idea. Allow us to craft the 81 bracelet using other bracelets. Something crazy like:

50 legend bracelets
    100 epic bracelets
    150 rare bracelets
    200 common bracelets

I think this is fair, everyone makes gold and everyone gets what they want. Feedback?

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #123
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

An ultra rare drop makes this sort of non-energy event exciting for the chase, and for the fortunate few who loot it. Making it more common robs the event of its one really cool feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Sand aura vibes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    An ultra rare drop makes this sort of non-energy event exciting for the chase, and for the fortunate few who loot it. Making it more common robs the event of its one really cool feature.

Does it even drop tho? Pretty sure people would've already advertied/shared them in game/traders market if there were several actually looted as you claimed.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Question is how long before this ultra rare item is obsoleted, and if the game had more fun to it then maybe grinding mindlessly would be acceptable(Even though most people will not loot it...lol....). So it ends up being a 'Bad' event because there is 1 drop worth grinding for and you wont loot it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Here are some extremes, if it is very easy to loot then it becomes common and the event becomes meaningless, on the other hand, if it is very difficult to loot the event becomes repetitive and boring, trying to get a single article, when there is a probability of 1/1000, add some token and some seller to get supplies, Lockeds free to open with low chance of anything good, no meter but we can enjoy gambling

ψ(`∇´)ψ Chivalrous Union ᕦ(ಠ_ಠ)ᕤ
    Using Tapatalk

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #128
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Question is how long before this ultra rare item is obsoleted, and if the game had more fun to it then maybe grinding mindlessly would be acceptable(Even though most people will not loot it...lol....). So it ends up being a 'Bad' event because there is 1 drop worth grinding for and you wont loot it..
    Well... there is also the rare (hidden) vanity that nobody's talking about.

So technically two (2) drops that are possibly worth grinding for if you can't find fun in playing the game.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

So technically two (2) drops that are possibly worth grinding for if you can't find fun in playing the game.
    So, are u confirming that event drop new vannity halo? Why this isn't on notes tho, maybe that's why no one it's talking about it

Using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Valkiirye For This Useful Post:

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #130
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiirye View Post
    So, are u confirming that event drop new vannity halo? Why this isn't on notes tho, maybe that's why no one it's talking about it

Nope. There is no vanity halo.

There's also no need to spill everything in the notes. Instead there should be fun things to discover (as there are in this event).
    | | | |

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

Now that bracelet item has been released try to keep their procs/passives innovative from the usual and boring stat boosting procs, make these items be interactive.

Leech, poison, burn, etc, Frost and Elondrian weapons were super fun to use because they were interactive.

Spawn a small spirit that heals allies in range for 5 seconds.
    Leaves a trail behind the player that Burns enemies.
    Poison enemies that hit the player fisically, range attacks have no impact on this effect.
    Every time the player receives 5 hits a bomb is deployed, enemies that step in get heavy dmg and stun.

Please stay away from the usual "give x% stats", a new item brings new opportunities to drive away from this dull Gameplay, u have all the pieces: New item, skill revamp, new expansion and new gamemode all of which are coming new to the game.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flashio For This Useful Post:

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #132
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashio View Post
    Now that bracelet item has been released try to keep their procs/passives innovative from the usual and boring stat boosting procs, make these items be interactive.

Leech, poison, burn, etc, Frost and Elondrian weapons were super fun to use because they were interactive.

Spawn a small spirit that heals allies in range for 5 seconds.
    Leaves a trail behind the player that Burns enemies.
    Poison enemies that hit the player fisically, range attacks have no impact on this effect.
    Every time the player receives 5 hits a bomb is deployed, enemies that step in get heavy dmg and stun.

Please stay away from the usual "give x% stats", a new item brings new opportunities to drive away from this dull Gameplay, u have all the pieces: New item, skill revamp, new expansion and new gamemode all of which are coming new to the game.
    Yep. That's the plan.

The main obstacle is: it takes a lot for players to get excited about an innovative effect if the stats on the item aren't eye-popping. Plus, even when you do get a cool effect the immediate reaction is "useless!" when said effect doesn't straight-up multiply your damage profile by whole numbers (see 'Zodias Pendant Shredder fish' spawn).

On your suggestions - a healing effect is hard to make noticeable because of Pets that do this and because pots are so easy to come by. In a dungeon where the pots are silenced - like the encounter with Siafara in the current event - it would be very useful. Currently I believe this sort of challenge is too rare in AL.

Re: poison / bomb suggestion... I love damage counterattack stuff! Unfortunately any effect that requires that you take damage will be TT'd by Rogues and Sorcerers unless there is something profound about the individual item that makes it seem OP.

Love the fire trail suggestion. I've been working on something similar (though not 'fire' per se) that I think will do well. My issue with it rn is that OP speed sets kinda ruin the whole mess so it might need to come in the form of items that occupy those same slots.

Thanks for your suggestions, as always!
    | | | |

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    276 Posts

Yep. That's the plan.

The main obstacle is: it takes a lot for players to get excited about an innovative effect if the stats on the item aren't eye-popping. Plus, even when you do get a cool effect the immediate reaction is "useless!" when said effect doesn't straight-up multiply your damage profile by whole numbers (see 'Zodias Pendant Shredder fish' spawn).

On your suggestions - a healing effect is hard to make noticeable because of Pets that do this and because pots are so easy to come by. In a dungeon where the pots are silenced - like the encounter with Siafara in the current event - it would be very useful. Currently I believe this sort of challenge is too rare in AL.

Re: poison / bomb suggestion... I love damage counterattack stuff! Unfortunately any effect that requires that you take damage will be TT'd by Rogues and Sorcerers unless there is something profound about the individual item that makes it seem OP.

Love the fire trail suggestion. I've been working on something similar (though not 'fire' per se) that I think will do well. My issue with it rn is that OP speed sets kinda ruin the whole mess so it might need to come in the form of items that occupy those same slots.

Thanks for your suggestions, as always!

Thats great to hear!

An interesting way to overcome the dmg boost lack on an item would be making said effect have a deeper impact as the proc runs.

Kraken amulet effects (both reflect and shredders) could Increase their numbers over time, ending up on an impactful proc for on the long run reaching it's full potencial on the last couple seconds of the proc, this preventa the proc from being overpowered as the time frame can be easily tweaked. Shredder spawn is a fun concept but im lacks a way for the fishes to actually impact on the player's Gameplay, an option could be for the shredders being able to grown in strength depending on the dmg they and the player are able to deal during the reflect period, or making the enemies attacked by shredders suffer a heavy spreading poison that grants the player a heavy strike once the shredder disappear.

Counterattack mechanics are fun but hard to implement, i agree on that, but given that both rogues and mages have some kind of defensivo skill (razor/shield) and the skill revamp on the work i see a very good chance to work this all out!

The trail effects is something i've been looking forward for some time now, a way to making this somewhat not crazy would be either this effect being exclusive to ring and amulets to avoid speed set usage, make this effect reduce the user's speed IF combined with a haste set item (tho this could backfire), make this effect reduce it's impact when the player's speed is too high could be another option choosing either a weaker effect but full speed or stronger effect at the cost of full speed.

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Can you add border on the top like other events , to know how much bosses of event we have killed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Release the kraken bracelets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

hah I just found out about that, but it looks like its as rare as the recipe, so nevermind I guess :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

I know you probably won't show an image to keep it a surprise but can we at least know what slot it belongs to? Like is it a weapon? Armour? Banner? Backpack? Etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default none

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    I know you probably won't show an image to keep it a surprise but can we at least know what slot it belongs to? Like is it a weapon? Armour? Banner? Backpack? Etc
    the crafting materials look like weapons so ig the vanitys are weapons as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Event looks good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiubara View Post
    the crafting materials look like weapons so ig the vanitys are weapons as well.
    Crafting materials?? Those are dropping? O.o Could you please tell me the name because I literally can't find anything