Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "Trial Card" - End the fight once and for all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Default "Trial Card" - End the fight once and for all

Keep seeing people complaining about LB rewards and wanting them to change.

How about giving everyone a "trial card" to wear the LB vanity/rewards which will expire within the first 1 hour? So you would have enough time to consider interested LB runners immediate feedback and still make changes to the rewards if you feel it would attract more players to run LB and hence more spending on energy (& your plat revenue)

For complete fairness.
    Event leaderboard points will only start count after the first hour.
    Other necessary tweaks etc.

This is only a very rough idea. (I don't play the game as much as I used to life is getting really busy with work. But hope it is somehow useful)

That said I'm sure many experts here can provide more refined version of this concept.

Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

You can see the look of the items in game so i dont see any reason for this. It would also look weird seeing the leaderboard item being worn by hundreds of people at the same time..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    You can see the look of the items in game so i dont see any reason for this. It would also look weird seeing the leaderboard item being worn by hundreds of people at the same time..
    From what I'm reading the preview does not appear to the same as when they wear it on inspect hence the request to change them now especially the aura? Or is it the same when it's on preview but they just didn't notice it until they actually wear it? (as it sounds like them not paying proper attention not sts fault)

If that's the case this concept is totally unnecessary unless it is not possible for sts to optimize the preview for inspect view. (Ideally, the preview should be made exactly the same as to when one actually wears it on inspect so they won't be any nonsensical complains like this.)

The concept of trial is weird and new in AL but pretty common on other games where players get to try out the "premium stuff" for a short period of time to increase their desire to buy it or work for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Why not just make the character from the item preview in the leaderboard run every few seconds (5~)? That way players can check how items work on every scenario.

While you are at it, make the vanity sets being able to check as both complete set and each individual piece so players can check different vanity mixs, many players just want the vanity set for the helm or the armor.
    Last edited by flashio; 02-16-2023 at 11:15 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to flashio For This Useful Post:

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

We could spend more time on the previews, but they're already labor intensive. We moved to animated .gifs for the auras, but now it sounds like players want to see what it looks like when the aura starts up, what it looks like on the character for a bit, and what it looks like when the players move around.

-ALS