Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Community Suggestions List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Default AL Community Suggestions List

Hi,

Please update the list of community suggestions. I last saw a change on October 27, 2022.

Going through the In Process tasks of the most recent update, which was made on October 27, 2022, I discovered that I still haven't heard anything regarding the Free Dead Names task, for which you stated that ,"work done here, just need to determine when to release."

For more information, click on the links below.

1 - https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...and-Last-Names
    2 - https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...d-Player-Nicks

Please forgive me if you have implemented this and I overlooked it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Would like to a more frequent interaction from devs in the suggestion and feedback section.

Community list thread is closed, several sticky feedback threads are left with no update such as feats and wisp threads, wonder how many have skipped turning their auras into deluxe to access the wisp afterwards fearing this will lead nowhere.

Have to agree that the period where ASL would jump by several threads to give imput or say why an idea could possibly be added or ignored but this hasnt lasted for too long.

Hopefully the lack of activity is bound to a nonstop work on upcoming content and make the absence worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Please post exactly where you read, “work done here, just need to determine when to release.”
    In its’ entirety.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,481 Posts

It certainly has been a while since the last document update and I've just updated it.

Community list thread is closed since that just contains document updates and I don't want to detail the status of individual features there.

Sticky feedback threads are there to gather feedback. After feedback is collected, we act on it. With respect to the aura/wisp thread, I originally posted the request less than a month ago. Austin was hit by a major ice storm two weeks ago, most of the city was without power/water for a week, and we're still cleaning up the damage. Unfortunately, that storm has adversely affected our roadmap.

We release features when they are done. Depending on the size of the feature, we try to preview it or release it with an event.

Sometimes we have to step away from the community due to toxicity. My favorite is when the community asks for features, we implement them, and then are berated for wasting our time on said features. Your features requests are just that, requests. It's up to us to consider, design, implement, test, and then release them.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    It certainly has been a while since the last document update and I've just updated it.

Community list thread is closed since that just contains document updates and I don't want to detail the status of individual features there.

Sticky feedback threads are there to gather feedback. After feedback is collected, we act on it. With respect to the aura/wisp thread, I originally posted the request less than a month ago. Austin was hit by a major ice storm two weeks ago, most of the city was without power/water for a week, and we're still cleaning up the damage. Unfortunately, that storm has adversely affected our roadmap.

We release features when they are done. Depending on the size of the feature, we try to preview it or release it with an event.

Sometimes we have to step away from the community due to toxicity. My favorite is when the community asks for features, we implement them, and then are berated for wasting our time on said features. Your features requests are just that, requests. It's up to us to consider, design, implement, test, and then release them.

-ALS
    First off, im sorry to hear bout the conditions caused by the storm, Hope everything settles down the safest possible way

- Community list thread being closed is no Big deal but the updates on this ceased for almost 5 months, it should be monthly updated so players can have a more clear view of what is being worked on/shutted down/moved priority, this would avoid for suggestions being repeated over and over again.

- Sticky feedback thread are fine to gather the feedback but if no updates on the thread regarding the current feedback given, whatever posterior feedback could be wasted or go into the wrong direction cuz it may not be what the devs are looking to implement, achievement threads are a example of that.

- Community is always hard to handle, in the end of the day, forum is a place open to the public so cant really control how toxic someone can be, same as any other scenario that implies working with ppl, many will be rude, some will be passive and very few will be pleasant but cant stop working (towards public, we know nothing of what goes on behind scenes) since that will only lead to further toxicity.

Thx for the reply, stay safe!