Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AoC Contest Event: End the journey!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, well here's my ending, 150 words. A little jerky but I tried to smooth it out a little. Hope you guys like it!

The thin man sat in the chair, slouched. "Sir, tea?" A woman's voice stated.
    "Get the hell away from me." The man stood up abruptly, sending the tea cups and coasters flying across the room.
    "Get me my coat already, it's time I pay a visit to the asylum."
    "He's defiantly loosing his brain." Whispered a lady.

There in a bed lay a old man, "Ahhh! How are you my dear friend?" The old man asked.
    "Good as always Mr. Hyde."
    "Today, I am a little bit antsy, without my morning cup of tea...." the thin man stammered.
    The old man rested his head to stare into the eyes of the thin man. "Sometimes, we humans are blind to what hurts us..."
    The thin man flinched, remembering his diseased other half tell him those very words.
    "Um, Mr. Hyde, I never caught your first name, sorry."

"Oh, it's just Alastor."

Name in-game: Rafela
    Last edited by Running Pear; 09-03-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I decided to go for the no fight scene approach here.

As he came closer, I held his head between my own hands, and looked into his eyes and saw something I hadn't seen in a werewolf, vampire, zombie, gargoyle, or any other creature for that matter.
    My brother.

When I finally came to terms and realized that I hadn't been this close to a werewolf without sinking my incisors into it, I finally spoke,
    "Brother, if I were to ever battle by your side, I would drain my entire supply of blood packs for you. I would abuse dark binding for you. I would farm day and night just to get you a vanity that you'd probably tear to shreds after your transformation."
    I choked this last part out, for you see, vampires aren't ones to express feelings for a person without intentions of using them as a bendy straw.
    "We will find a cure, I care for you Alastor."

IGN: Sepulcher
    Last edited by disowninglook; 09-03-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: made the font larger, corrected grammatical errors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I rushed him, my fangs pierced his furry skin, but instead of sucking his blood, my venom flowed into him. He dropped as his body began convulsing. My last ditch effort seemed to work, as the venom moved through his system I could see the hair receeding. Moments later he grew still and his eyes opened. The fiery eyes of the beast were gone, replaced with intelligence, and recognition. " Brother, what have you done?" I wasn't sure how to answer him as I examined his new body. Still wolf like, but less bulky, more streamline. Still furry, but not as thick or course. Although his face,still had a lupine cast about it, it was more human looking. As he smiled at me, I saw another change, fangs. My blood mixed with his lycanthropy to create some new supernatural creature, neither werewolf or vampire, but a hybrid of both.
    Last edited by lostboy813; 09-03-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Here's my story,it's quite lame though since I did it in 10 minutes and I'm only 13 -.-

I decided to go for the non offensive approach."Alastor,I'm......"Before my words could trail off,he leapt out at me,his claws threatening to rip me into pieces.Momentarily stunned,I dodged,but his claws managed to do a scratch to me.Knowing that he had gone insane,I tried to calm him down,but to no avail."Alastor,you don't have to do this...." but that only made him more ferocious.Blood was oozing out out of my wound,and I could not hold out for much longer.Using the last ounce of my strength,I charged at him.One moment it was a howl of dread,the next was a soft whimper as Alastor fell onto the ground while the crimson blood filled the street."I have cured you Alastor....."I walked away,full of regret.

That's it,tell me if I made a grammatical error or spelling error because I wrote on a piece of paper and transferred it to my iPad.
    - Quebble
    Last edited by Quebble; 09-03-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Don't worry about grammatical errors. As long as your main idea is there, and fitted into those specified word count, you'll be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

As Alastor walked towards me, I saw the distinct glint in his eyes. Although he turned into a werewolf, he still had a portion of his humanity and I just couldn’t bring my own hands up to kill my own brother. There, he sat down quietly in front of me as I patted his head like I would to any pet. I decided that even if the antidote was a relic level drop, I would devote myself and spend all my gold, blood packs, and time just to get it for him before he goes berserk. I knew that this was my last chance.

In the meantime, he would just have to cope with being a werewolf. After all, I thought, werewolves and vampires aren't so different at all. We both spend large parts of their time doing the three “Fs”. Feeding, fighting, and “reproduction”.

Sorry for the ending :P my girlfriend's idea. If it is too inappropriate I would gladly change it. Just tell me.
    IGN: Fallenshadows
    Last edited by FallenOne; 09-06-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

The forums should be treated as 13+. So you can be suggestive to an extent

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aaroniero Arruruerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quebble I thought your ending was great. You keep it up and you'll be a awesome writer one day. You know you can go back and edit your grammer mistakes?
    Last edited by lostboy813; 09-03-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Quebble View Post
    Here's my story,it's quite lame though since I did it in 10 minutes and I'm only 13 -.-

I decided to go for the non offensive approach."Alastor,I'm......"Before my words could trail off,he leapt out at me,his claws threatening to rip me into pieces.Momentarily stunned,I dodged,but his claws managed to do a scratch to me.Knowing that he had gone insane,I tried to calm him down,but to no avail."Alastor,you don't have to do this...." but that only made him more ferocious.Blood was oozing out out of my wound,and I could not hold out for much longer.Using the last ounce of my strength,I charged at him.One moment it was a howl of dread,the next was a soft whimper as Alastor fell onto the ground while the crimson blood filled the street."I have cured you Alastor....."I walked away,full of regret.

That's it,tell me if I made a grammatical error or spelling error because I wrote on a piece of paper and transferred it to my iPad.

Your last quote was the highlight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aaroniero Arruruerie View Post
    The forums should be treated as 13+. So you can be suggestive to an extent
    Yep, I guess suggestive sells these days. I mean, look at Disney.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to disowninglook For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

That earned a laugh, but let's keep things relevant to the topic. No one ever thought about Alastor's ancestor? He "mysteriously disappeared"!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As he gives me recognition i am gladdened. The he runs at me sprinting as fast as he could and i realized things are about to turn for the worst. He was too fast for me to dodge and his sharp teeth grazes my leg, at that moment i realized what must be done. I took the offensive and went at him will all my strength, and as the night sky illuminates as the sun starts to rise i leave his bloody corpse and return to my lair, in regret to the deed i have done on this horrendous night that has passed.*

Ign: Lifelezs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lostboy813 View Post
    Quebble I thought your ending was great. You keep it up and you'll be a awesome writer one day. You know you can go back and edit your grammer mistakes?
    Hey thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

We stare at each other, the monster the other has become, and at that moment I knew one of us was to die. I grabbed my sword, and it made a metal on bone sound as I pull it out of my scabbard. I was prepared to drive it into the throat of Alastor, but then, I hesitated. Would I truly impale that of my own blood? Sadly, he did not think the same as I, and lunged forward with a vicious snarl. In self defense I swung the blade, and it came in contact with his head, decapitating him. I grabbed the head, and to this day it hangs over my mantle, a trophy I did not wish to acquire, yet shall hang proudly, as a momento of our brotherhood.

IGN Pyromaniac

(Just checked, 131 words)
    Last edited by Zaonabiuibil; 09-04-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Dang, you guys really wanted that wolf dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

He looked at me funny
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I chose to spare the mut

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Only 2 more days!
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Are we allowed to post two if we wrote another and ask for critiques?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by disowninglook View Post
    Are we allowed to post two if we wrote another and ask for critiques?
    edit your first one