Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My ideas how to make gold sink better (rahab included)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default My ideas how to make gold sink better (rahab included)

1. Rahab opens too often - it takes around 1.5 day to open a portal - let increase it to around 3 days. Don't nerf gold drop, just nerf the portal spawn time.
    2. Increase energy craft cost to 15-25k.
    3. Increase potions price 5-10 times and pet food price 3-5 times (not in hardcore).
    4. Give us another way how we can sell our items in auction. Now we can put an item on auction if we pay 5% fee. I think that adding another way how we can put our items in auction is a good idea. My idea is to add an option where we'll pay only 1% fee when we put an item on auc (to prevent flooding auc with random gear at 999 999 999 price), but we'll get only 90% of gold if someone will buy our item. For example: We want to sell something for 100m in auction, we'll pay 1m fee and after selling it we'll get 90m gold.
    5. Every lb event should have a special 1 hour elixir which would allow us to get more more points. Price of that elixir would be 500k-1m.
    6. Special sales, similar to these plat ones, where we can buy limited vanities/locks every 4 hours, but we'll buy them for gold instead of plats
    7. "Special" 1 week lb event every 3-6 months where we'll be able to buy "special" energy kits only for gold, let's say 200k per 1 energy. "Normal" energy kits wouldn't work there.

Those are my ideas, hope you'll like some of them @Cinco @asommers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AgentStonoga For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

+1 totally agree don’t nerf raha just make more gold sinks, everything should be a gold sink everything !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

+1 nerf the cold down of portal would be great like 2.5 or 3 days but dont nerf gold so it's close to 3 times per week aprox and sounds good no too good not too bad
    But dont increase cost of energy, think about people who just join for fun and make an event they dont want spend a lot gold only in energy apart of elixir in each event just thinking about poor or guys who starting to play.
    The others idea are so good, hope @Cinco can see this

Enviado desde mi SM-J700M mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

-1 why everyone worried about gold sink all of a sudden? @.@ Accept the fact in a economy, thing's get expensive as time elapse
    If you think gold sink can make items cheaper,
    There's a opposite situation to that, demand would be higher and less gold to offer, it would depend on the seller how bad they wanna sell their items cheap for else price might go up because of demand.
    On the other hand right now
    People are selling things, and they getting sold for the desired prices Because everyone is able to farm and buy what they desire for.
    Along with that, we're seeing alot of gold being farmed right after we got 1b gold farming aps.
    People have been motivated more in order to complete aps and get gold as well.Which makes alot
    There was no demand of gold sink or rahab nerf so much before 1b aps .
    Neither when it wasn't easy to farm ERahab with no arcs, but now it usually takes 40-45sec or less to complete single ERahab.
    Gold sink might bring a different turn to economic condition of game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

+1 in almost all but
    -1 in making the energy gold sink, casual players just want to play events

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

-1 on cost increase on energy, potion, elixs, auc tax, etc…
    +1 increase cool down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    682 Posts

-1 to the cooldown of the opening rate to 3 days. 2 days or so seems about right, else it'll revert back to the exact same changes before-portal update again.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lim Weibin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

#2 Energy craft fees, I stop running events because of it. Only run if there’s an item I really really want(thats rare)
    #3 potions n pet feed are for noobs. My pots are maxed out, I rotate pets I don’t feed them.
    #4 rarely use the auction because of fees
    #5 pay to win is pathetic
    #6 I’m Rich aura was offered at 50k gold... then dropped in price and never recovered.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Just nerf the gold drops overall but give more options to farm it from.

All the suggestions u mentioned impact on casual players or make competitions even more pay to win.

Give an option to use gold instead of platinum at an increased rate for whatever platinum exclusive feature for example crafting times, lets say 50 plats=100k, an item needs 250platinum to completely speed up the craft time which would be 500k, make an option where u can either choose to spend 250plat or 750k gold.

There are many aspectos of the game that could have a better use as a gold sink.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to flashio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    #2 Energy craft fees, I stop running events because of it. Only run if there’s an item I really really want(thats rare)
    #3 potions n pet feed are for noobs. My pots are maxed out, I rotate pets I don’t feed them.
    #4 rarely use the auction because of fees
    #5 pay to win is pathetic
    #6 I’m Rich aura was offered at 50k gold... then dropped in price and never recovered.
    #2 current energy craft cost is WHOLE 1k, which is about 0.25-0.5s in current Rahakbor. Even if we'll say that you need 100-200 runs for platinum tier, it's whole 100-200k - no one would even feel that. Even if we increase it to 20k, it's still "only 2-4m - just to get a platinum tier. Now everyone has a gl set and can farm that amount of gold easily.
    #3 similar thing to energy cost, prices are too low compared to how much gold can we farm.
    #4 many people don't put their items on auc, because they're afraid of paying 5% fee and not selling an item. My suggestion solves that - you get less gold after selling an item, but you pay only 1% of fee.
    #5 I think that you forgot the definition of p2w. You wouldn't spend real money to get an elixir, which boosts your gold, but you would spend your gold in npc. Top 5-10 lb is actually for people with good gear, a lot of gold and a lot of free time, they can easily afford to waste their gold on elixir.
    btw, calling AL a p2w game after all they did in previous year is legit smort moment.
    #6 There are 2 problems with Rich Aura - first one, it didn't look same as plat sales on store. 2nd problem (more important) is that Rich Aura is ugly and no one wants it. Of STS would release a good looking aura with limited quantity like on plat sales, I'm pretty sure that proce of this aura after event would be different. Also, is lower price of x item after x time bad? I don't think so. Things change, doesn't mean they'll get better.

For good gold sink, you need to take gold from all type of players - noobs, casuals, merchers, lb runners etc. My gold sink suggestions works for all of these types of players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashio View Post
    Just nerf the gold drops overall but give more options to farm it from.

All the suggestions u mentioned impact on casual players or make competitions even more pay to win.

Give an option to use gold instead of platinum at an increased rate for whatever platinum exclusive feature for example crafting times, lets say 50 plats=100k, an item needs 250platinum to completely speed up the craft time which would be 500k, make an option where u can either choose to spend 250plat or 750k gold.

There are many aspectos of the game that could have a better use as a gold sink.
    My suggestions impact on all players and AL isn't a p2w game, especially after what they did in last year - they just gsve away mythic gear, gold loot sets, pets and made good events for making gold for newbies (labirynth).
    250plat worth of crafting time for just only 750k? Even if you would cut gold drops by 90%, it would take ages to significantly lower the amount of gold in circulation (if it would even start lowering).
    Also, there's already a thing in Arcane Legends, which solves that problem - plat eggs. If you're desperate, then you just buy plat eggs from other player or in auction (which is a gold sink source)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AgentStonoga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

All he did was repeat himself, so to be more clear. No ty. On all of it.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

The ideas r in the right direction but amounts r probably too high and thats smtng devs can adjust as they can see game stats.
    I expect devs will use similar approach in the gold nerf soon enough.

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStonoga View Post
    My suggestions impact on all players and AL isn't a p2w game, especially after what they did in last year - they just gsve away mythic gear, gold loot sets, pets and made good events for making gold for newbies (labirynth).
    250plat worth of crafting time for just only 750k? Even if you would cut gold drops by 90%, it would take ages to significantly lower the amount of gold in circulation (if it would even start lowering).
    Also, there's already a thing in Arcane Legends, which solves that problem - plat eggs. If you're desperate, then you just buy plat eggs from other player or in auction (which is a gold sink source)
    This whole conversation makes it look as if u think everyone in game has a 1k+ gl set (which isnt the case).

Giving away mythic gear, gold loot sets and pets was "great" except for the fact that no "newbie" could be able to make some gold out of items worth almost nothing.
    Now gold loot sets are a special case, easing up the farming for the vast majority, what u are forgetting here is awakenings, anything above 50gl skyrockets its price making it a no go for "newbies".

U seem to have missed the part where i said "lets say", making clear the 250plat=750kgold was an example.

Im not saying gold will magically disappear from game by reducing gold drops, im saying there are better options for gold sinks, constructive feedback.

Buying items from other players doesnt work as a gold sink source since the gold would just move from one place to another.

Using "newbies" as an excuse for everything is a trend that many should stay away from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

This whole conversation makes it look as if u think everyone in game has a 1k+ gl set (which isnt the case).

Giving away mythic gear, gold loot sets and pets was "great" except for the fact that no "newbie" could be able to make some gold out of items worth almost nothing.
    Now gold loot sets are a special case, easing up the farming for the vast majority, what u are forgetting here is awakenings, anything above 50gl skyrockets its price making it a no go for "newbies".

U seem to have missed the part where i said "lets say", making clear the 250plat=750kgold was an example.

Im not saying gold will magically disappear from game by reducing gold drops, im saying there are better options for gold sinks, constructive feedback.

Buying items from other players doesnt work as a gold sink source since the gold would just move from one place to another.

Using "newbies" as an excuse for everything is a trend that many should stay away from.
    Bro, adjustments in most games r based on top tier players, the point is that newbies have to work towards becoming better, it would be dumb if newbies make 5m/h and pros make 6m/h..
    When i just started this game it took me 2-3years before i became average player, now i have friends who do the same in a few months (both f2p way)

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Open rate should be slower.

Gold drop also needs to be reduced.

Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Not everyone has 1k gl set, but everyone can get 350-500gl with almost no effort. 40gl pieces are still cheap (also, venal isn't the only gl set). It's definitely more than enough for a new player who wants to catch up better players. The weaker you are, the faster you progress (it's much easier to get additional 50gl when you have 500gl than when you have 1k gl).
    Also, this crafting idea would also hurt weaker players who make gold from crafting and selling jewels and event stuff, since better players would just finish all with gold - they would lose their source of income.
    But this idea isn't completely bad - it could (idk how it would affect the price of plat eggs) work with socketing jewels to your gear (but obviously price should be way higher than 3k per 1 plat).
    Buying directly from players isn't a gold sink, but buying from auction is - especially if sts would think about adding another way of selling our stuff in auc - 1% fee, but receiving only 90% of gold after selling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Open rate should be slower.

Gold drop also needs to be reduced.

Best wishes!

Keep in mind that people who get 7-10m per hour are the ones with kraken set and higher gl.
    For example, if I can get 7.5-10m per hour with 1k gl (depends on pt) and good awak int/ms kraken gear (worth 1b+), then newbie with 500gl, bad awak mythic gear, no pt and farming on normal rahab doesn't get just 2 times less gold than me - he gets probably like 4 (if not 5) times less gold than me (and people like me or better are a significant minority).
    Even if you'll nerf gold drop too, it won't fix the inflation in long term, since there are no good gold sinks, so there will be more and more gold anyway (that's why I posted some ideas about gold sinking).
    There's also 1b gold drop achievement, so nerf cant be that big
    @Cinco

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AgentStonoga For This Useful Post:

26.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStonoga View Post
    Keep in mind that people who get 7-10m per hour are the ones with kraken set and higher gl.
    For example, if I can get 7.5-10m per hour with 1k gl (depends on pt) and good awak int/ms kraken gear (worth 1b+), then newbie with 500gl, bad awak mythic gear, no pt and farming on normal rahab doesn't get just 2 times less gold than me - he gets probably like 4 (if not 5) times less gold than me (and people like me or better are a significant minority).
    Even if you'll nerf gold drop too, it won't fix the inflation in long term, since there are no good gold sinks, so there will be more and more gold anyway (that's why I posted some ideas about gold sinking).
    There's also 1b gold drop achievement, so nerf cant be that big
    @Cinco
    There’s no arguing that a reduction of gold inflow won’t help inflation. Gold sinks are an important addition - but they won’t matter if the income rate is too high (like it is now).

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

new player this new player that...is there even any new players? I ask my irl friends to play. They take a look and is like NOPE. xD