Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How To Revive PvP ( Only Suggestion )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dopein View Post
    So Imma tell my experience about recent PvP, starting of 66 zone that had balance, pets were also balanced, overall fun zone to play, moving on to 71-76 zones which were THE BEST and THE MOST balanced zones with THE MOST balanced procs, you could get a lot of fun playing them. Then 81 came out, big mess, no knowledge about your game and how it will affect PvP. Adding one shotting weapons that are FULLY PROC BASED to kill at PvP? Obviously the "We have to pay our bills" thing, i get it, but its an EXCUSE that "We wont work on PvP, because it dont bring enough revenue", think about what was the main thing in the game at past "MOBILE PVP GAME", Arcane Legends was known from PVP. If I were a developer what would I do to make it fun again and bring more people to PvP=it would bring revenue as well which is obvious(awakening system/spending tons on awakens to get what u want)
    1. Start making changes at PvP(Less procs/More balanced procs based at 71-76 zone/Pet effectivity and their passive at PvP)

2. Pets(Please god, when I seen crypta pet reduces 70% dmg thats just pointless/Fix those kind of pets/Make them weaker at PvP/Right now pets are stronger than your character/PvP started to be pet based(Pet has to be your help, not game changer, they get too overpowered in short period of time)

Trust me, if you fix these things, endgame PvP will be a thing, it will also give your company revenue.
    Right now only zone I get least fun is 61PvP but it starting to be really annoying due to pets and hillarious debuffs.

[mention]Cinco [/mention] [mention]Remiem [/mention] [mention]Futumsh [/mention] Hope you will take a look at this. Thanks in advance~ Delta

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
    71 was at least playable. But it was the first expansion with extreme procs, and the start of declining pvp activity. I think procs are a very good thing for PVE. They make it more complex. But, with where procs are at now, it will be too difficult to try to properly balance them for PVP.
    In regard to the pets, power creep strikes again. Cryptareth is the pet all pvp players feared would come. Morpheus was bad enough, but Cryptareth's passive has just gone too far. Having 70% of your damage reduced by chance, no timing or skill involved, is just a horrible feeling for everybody. I really hope it wasn't released as an attempt to fix the obnoxious damage procs at endgame. All it does is add more luck to the picture and narrow the window of effectiveness of the slot machine-proc uptime game we have in place currently, not fix anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

@asommers
    Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    * we try to have two modes for skills/weapons and do different things in PvE vs PvP (which is what we have now, but it requires buffs/nerfs as different combinations are discovered)
    I think removing procs from pvp above level 66 is both the easiest AND the most effective version of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Bushes are on the list, but they're low priority because PvP is a low priority.

We have released many PvP game variations (CTF, Guild Battlegrounds, Last Legend Standing, Domination, etc.), but looking at the data, players don't really play them. If we were to release all of them simultaneously, the players would be in mostly empty matches as player preferences vary. We also have time zone issues where there may be enough people to play various PvP matches, but they can't sync up time-wise.

Skills revamp is necessary for growth and PvE, so PvP will benefit from this.

We've talked internally at length about how to fix PvP, but unfortunately, players have invested in their gear, so either:
    * we make PvP modes which differ from the actual play styles of players putting everyone on a level playing field, but the PvP game would play nothing like PvE (PvP skills, PvP gear, no levels, etc.)
    * we try to have two modes for skills/weapons and do different things in PvE vs PvP (which is what we have now, but it requires buffs/nerfs as different combinations are discovered)

Unfortunately, PvP doesn't drive revenue (and we obviously need to pay the bills), so there isn't a big reason to focus on it.

-ALS
    PvP drives player activity and retains players. I think there's a good reason to work on PvP. Afterall, the most played games nowadays are PvP centric

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ploid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

And one of the main reason pvp is dead cuz everyone wanted to become a number one but not in the competition and cant accept the losing and become emotional at the end people quit the game cant deny it and this is fact lol this is what on my base experience pvp since 2014 the best pvp experience for me is pvp lvl58-62 lvl76
    Last edited by fajaratulnaj; 03-17-2023 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Kraken amulet needs an adjustment. Ebon aegis ruined pvp and the amulet is going to do the same thing. It doesn't bother me as a war but it's not balanced for the other classes. It shouldn't 1 hit rogues. Maybe have it reflect less damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Kraken amulet needs an adjustment. Ebon aegis ruined pvp and the amulet is going to do the same thing. It doesn't bother me as a war but it's not balanced for the other classes. It shouldn't 1 hit rogues. Maybe have it reflect less damage.
    Maybe they get 1hit because of their insane dmg? Which kills war through jug?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Unfortunately, PvP doesn't drive revenue (and we obviously need to pay the bills), so there isn't a big reason to focus on it.

-ALS
    Why not create a new pvp mode wherein you can only use new type/class of equipments which can only be looted from event/non-event locked crates? This new equipment must not be slottable or awakeable and does not have proc. Also, pet must be disabled in this pvp mode.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Victimzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Victimzz View Post
    Why not create a new pvp mode wherein you can only use new type/class of equipments which can only be looted from event/non-event locked crates? This new equipment must not be slottable or awakeable and does not have proc. Also, pet must be disabled in this pvp mode.
    U already got the answer bro *pvp doesn't pay the bills* hence, don't expect anything good for pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I agree the damage mages and rogues do is insane but the amulet will discourage rogues from fighting at all. I don't like the imbalance in damage that kills through jug but the answer isn't a random reflect. Now the imbalance is war with aegis, amulet and crypt can kill a stronger mage/rogue. Players with similar stats should be able to compete fairly evenly. I didn't like a rogue/mage with 2k main stat killing me with 2500 str. I doubt they like a 2k str war killing them when they have 2500 main stat. I know I've talked about the issues wars have and I admit I'm biased but I really want more people in pvp. If there is an issue that effects the other classes it drives people out of pvp. The amulet is an issue.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Honestly just nerf amulet(In Pvp). As I do like the mechanic to it, it’s just way too op. I’m fine with reflect and having to pay attention when and when not to attack. Sometimes mistakes happen though, ping spikes, can’t see Proc aura, whatever it may be, u shouldn’t be annihilated from one single attack. Regardless of the attack you use it’s INSTAdead. Just a slight nerf in percentage of damage being reflected back at you would be very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aayushh007 View Post
    U already got the answer bro *pvp doesn't pay the bills* hence, don't expect anything good for pvp.
    Currently, it does not pay the bills. That’s why I am suggesting and sharing my idea to revive the PVP and make it pay their bill. And this is what this thread is all about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bushes are on the list, but they're low priority because PvP is a low priority.

We have released many PvP game variations (CTF, Guild Battlegrounds, Last Legend Standing, Domination, etc.), but looking at the data, players don't really play them. If we were to release all of them simultaneously, the players would be in mostly empty matches as player preferences vary. We also have time zone issues where there may be enough people to play various PvP matches, but they can't sync up time-wise.

Skills revamp is necessary for growth and PvE, so PvP will benefit from this.

We've talked internally at length about how to fix PvP, but unfortunately, players have invested in their gear, so either:
    * we make PvP modes which differ from the actual play styles of players putting everyone on a level playing field, but the PvP game would play nothing like PvE (PvP skills, PvP gear, no levels, etc.)

-ALS
    The solution for pvp is really easy, just make a mode of pvp that when ppl join all awakens dessapear but ofc when they get out they can still have them as simple as that people like to play with procs with arc and mythic gears thats why honor failed because no one like to play with normal gears people like procs so just exterminate awakens from pvp just like awakens exterminated pvp simple sts just do it. We dont want new modes we want the OG pvp just with the gears and no awakens wich are the only reason why pvp is dead

Enviado desde mi SM-G960U mediante Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigbang123 For This Useful Post: