Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How To Revive PvP ( Only Suggestion )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default How To Revive PvP ( Only Suggestion )

After i've seen so many og/old player complaining, either in forum nor in game i decided to post this thread. Im not an og or old player but i know those players who's been playing AL since its BETA. ( Judging by their KDA of course ). I hope og player dont quit this game just because PvP is dead or the mechanism isnt well-balanced. There's kind of much things to do in Al like doing 1,000 Rahabkor runs. So, please stay dear og.

First of all, English is not my main language so be a kind understanding human hehe. Thank you!

So, as a PvP player whos play Dota, LoL and Mobile Legends i have some suggestion to make PvP in AL better without changing the og PvP Maps.

1.Add Bush.
    Previously, idk what year, i posted a thread to add bush in PvP map. Bush keeps yourself hidden as long as you're inside it. Which mean this can give advantage to those who play using strategies instead of egoism. Other than that, player's team can set up an ambush or get ambushed by opponent team!

2.Objective.
    Rather than who gets the most kills win, why not change to another winning condition? I believe PvP which give you chance only to kill or get killed is kind of boring.

3.Skills Revamp.
    What i love about AL devs is that they listen to us and sometimes only leaving us seen. Im 100% with devs for this upcoming revamp.
    But, i do have a suggestion toward skill revamp.

Generally, every class needs to have four type of skill which is Aoe,Control, Dash and Heal.

AOE ( Area Of Effect ) = Either a buff or debuff. Example, buff team with move,dmg or dmg reduction. Debuff enemies hit, dodge and damage.
    Control ( Stun, Fear, Panic ) = Every class need to have one control skill. This type of skill is the most game-changing skill in every PvP game. As for now, warrior have axe and hammer which can stun. Mage have lightning, fireball and gale wind. And rogue doesnt have stun skill, rather more to debuff.
    Dash = I believe all classes have dash skill. Warrior, hammer. Mage, gale wind(upgrade). Rogue, shadow peircer. But what makes PvP more interesting with dash skills is "if we can aim at which direction we desire". So, an arrow skill will change everything. Well, i hate when my hyperos proc activated and it hit minion.
    Heal = Heal can comes in two types which is a direct heal( Heal massive amount of HP/ HP+MANA) and a remove debuff+heal. All classes already have this skill so theres a little problem i believe.

4.What made PvP in AL had to revamp? ( Either the mechanism nor maps )
    I believe the main reason of PvP is unbalanced is because of the Arcane, Mythic weapon which is extremely game changer. This op items will always need a buff and nerf in order to balance the game. Well that what other devs did to their game. Buff and Nerf. I dont have any solution to this and i believe AL devs knows more. Thats why PvP is active since 2013 until now.

Thats all until now, i wish to see more players play PvP right now because its fun. All is just a suggestions. And if disagree, you can point out your disagreement like a well mannered human. Thank you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snaptubepro For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,473 Posts

Bushes are on the list, but they're low priority because PvP is a low priority.

We have released many PvP game variations (CTF, Guild Battlegrounds, Last Legend Standing, Domination, etc.), but looking at the data, players don't really play them. If we were to release all of them simultaneously, the players would be in mostly empty matches as player preferences vary. We also have time zone issues where there may be enough people to play various PvP matches, but they can't sync up time-wise.

Skills revamp is necessary for growth and PvE, so PvP will benefit from this.

We've talked internally at length about how to fix PvP, but unfortunately, players have invested in their gear, so either:
    * we make PvP modes which differ from the actual play styles of players putting everyone on a level playing field, but the PvP game would play nothing like PvE (PvP skills, PvP gear, no levels, etc.)
    * we try to have two modes for skills/weapons and do different things in PvE vs PvP (which is what we have now, but it requires buffs/nerfs as different combinations are discovered)

Unfortunately, PvP doesn't drive revenue (and we obviously need to pay the bills), so there isn't a big reason to focus on it.

-ALS

4. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

We have released many PvP game variations (CTF, Guild Battlegrounds, Last Legend Standing, Domination, etc.), but looking at the data, players don't really play them. If we were to release all of them simultaneously, the players would be in mostly empty matches as player preferences vary. We also have time zone issues where there may be enough people to play various PvP matches, but they can't sync up time-wise.

We've talked internally at length about how to fix PvP, but unfortunately, players have invested in their gear, so either:
    * we make PvP modes which differ from the actual play styles of players putting everyone on a level playing field, but the PvP game would play nothing like PvE (PvP skills, PvP gear, no levels, etc.)
    * we try to have two modes for skills/weapons and do different things in PvE vs PvP (which is what we have now, but it requires buffs/nerfs as different combinations are discovered)

Unfortunately, PvP doesn't drive revenue (and we obviously need to pay the bills), so there isn't a big reason to focus on it.

-ALS
    Players don't play pvp couz awakes ruined the fun for everyone and if you say honor please don't couz honor is literally just rog vs rog other classes don't get the fun like they used to back then pet combo gear stats advantage like 5-7 base stats (not crazy awakes 10%primary)

The honor in a nutshell

Rog vs rog only

Name:  Screenshot_2023-02-21-16-59-39-35_d0d539839888d57b166709f18b56ddd4.jpg
Views: 2822
Size:  929.8 KB

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Pvp

At this point all we can do is keep bringing it up, a pvp mode with no awakes, we can use any gear. I think it would make people play more, especially at lower levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Observing View Post
    At this point all we can do is keep bringing it up, a pvp mode with no awakes, we can use any gear. I think it would make people play more, especially at lower levels.
    Natural choice of gear + natural choice of pet without this crazy 10% primary stats or 400 armor awakes is way more fun and enjoyable than boring honor with basic pets and gear rogs gets all fun / Normal pvp rn with 10%all stats 400 armor p2w play not enjoyable

Honor pvp in a nutshell

Name:  Screenshot_2023-02-21-16-59-39-35_d0d539839888d57b166709f18b56ddd4.jpg
Views: 2792
Size:  929.8 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

-ALS
    What a wonderful news. Im looking forward to the revamp. But, after the revamp which stated, we will have 8 new/revamped skill in pvp and 8 PvE skill which we have now. I wish it applied in PvP maps, Honor and Last Legend Standing.

I wish yall devs can bring back Last Legend Standing. And of course, with a winning reward. Last two year i guess, winning the LLS give u nothing. This is one of the reason why we,player dont play it. Reason no 2, Skill. Warrior can pull you outside the safe zone and skills werent balanced. So, i guess with the upcoming revamp skill which i trust Yall,bringing back LLS is a good choice i bet. At least we can try again.

And whatever i stated above, i believe devs knows more than i'll ever be cuz im just a player. Salute for making many new changes in Arcane Legends!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

-ALS
    Just because it does not drive revenue right now does not mean it will never drive revenue.

PvP is a part of this game and should require equal attention just like other aspects of the game.

There were once lots of players playing PvP at different levels and times and I am sure STS was driving revenue from them.

Rather than giving up on PvP, let us work together how to revive it. Surely, it will drive revenue in time.

Here is an idea I believe it has a potential: Monthly PvP Items

- There will be items which can be purchased with platinum but can only be used for a month. After that, player will have to buy that item or those items if s/he want to have them again.

- It will be an honor mode pvp so players who are not willing to purchase those monthly items will be able to play with normal honor gear which can be bought with gold.

- There will be not huge stat difference between monthly items and normal honor items. For instance, 20-25% higher stats favoring monthly items.

- There will be monthly pets (not common pets like Guapo but epic pets like Vixen or Koko) can be purchased with platinum.

- There will be Guild Honor Ranking. A guild officer will decide the type of the match (3v3, 4v4 etc.) and select the team mates for his/her team. After selection, officer will queue for a match and once other guild offcier does the same, the match will begin. A guild will be able to play different matches at the same time as long as officers form up a team and queue.

Sincerely,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

-ALS
    I’m okey that you priorize something else Than pvp right now because there are many to focus on but think twice about it when you say that it doesn’t bring revenue.
    More player is more money at least from player who invest money.
    Pvp is attractive if well designed, it could bring you more players and more plat buyers

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Pvp will never be fixed so just give up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Back when pvp was active pvp gear was the most expensive and hardest to get in the game. I think it's a chicken or egg situation. No one is in pvp so it doesn't drive revenue. If more people could compete and wanted to pvp it would drive revenue. Now it's speed and gold loot awakes when it used to be primary stats and armor where the most expensive.

Like someone else said though the game moved on from pvp so it doesn't matter but it could drive revenue because it did in the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

A new pvp map where awaken dont have effect and all problems are solved

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I disagree that awakes killed pvp. If pvp died because of a pay to win system, pve and the game as a whole would have died too. The game is free to play, so of course it is going to be pay to win. Awakes only ruined low level pvp because no scaling system was introduced from the start. Low level gear should never have been allowed to roll armor and primary stat awakes as high as the awakes you can get at endgame. It resulted in low level characters being nearly unkillable.
    If a pvp zone is properly balanced, awakes allow you to craft your class into what you want it to be. A good example of this is the 61-63 zone. At these levels, every class is viable and able to either survive longer OR get quick kills depending on their focus on either armor or primary % stat awakes. This would also be the case at endgame if it werent for all the luck based, ridiculously overpowered, pve-designed procs; which i believe are the actual reason for pvp's decline over the past few expansions.
    These procs killed the competitive nature of pvp and should be removed from pvp on all gear post-level 66. The stat increase and additional awake slot(s) on arcane items are enough of an incentive for people to use them in pvp. Without these over-the-top, luck to win, heavily game determining procs, people will feel as if their playstyle, experience, and team synchronization actually matter. Just like they do in the balanced twink levels, and just like they did prior to the lvl 71 expansion.
    A secondary problem is the pet power creep. Pet passives and arcane abilities are becoming so strong they are beginning to make even the few remaining balanced pvp zones feel as awful as endgame pvp. Instead of proc-to-win it is becoming have-aa or lose. The room for outplay potential in a situation where you do not have your aa ready and the other person does, is quickly diminishing with new pets being released over time. BUT AT LEAST pressing your pet's aa requires timing unlike the endgame procs. I do not want the focus of this message to be on pets. This is a battle for another day.
    It seems like the forums are a cesspool of toxicity and bad ideas that I am not surprised STS has trouble sorting through. I hope this makes it through. Maybe it's already years too late. Maybe too many pvp lovers have already been driven away from the game for it to recover. But it's worth a shot.
    I would certainly move to endgame pvp and actively participate if this proc removal change was implemented. But until then, I will remain irregularly active at my balanced twink zone where it's the closest it can get to satisfying, meaningful pvp.

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes. Procs should be removed from pvp post-level 66.)

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Thaze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thaze View Post
    I disagree that awakes killed pvp. If pvp died because of a pay to win system, pve and the game as a whole would have died too. The game is free to play, so of course it is going to be pay to win. Awakes only ruined low level pvp because no scaling system was introduced from the start. Low level gear should never have been allowed to roll armor and primary stat awakes as high as the awakes you can get at endgame. It resulted in low level characters being nearly unkillable.
    If a pvp zone is properly balanced, awakes allow you to craft your class into what you want it to be. A good example of this is the 61-63 zone. At these levels, every class is viable and able to either survive longer OR get quick kills depending on their focus on either armor or primary % stat awakes. This would also be the case at endgame if it werent for all the luck based, ridiculously overpowered, pve-designed procs; which i believe are the actual reason for pvp's decline over the past few expansions.
    These procs killed the competitive nature of pvp and should be removed. The stat increase and additional awake slot(s) on arcane items are enough of an incentive for people to use them in pvp. Without these over-the-top, luck to win, heavily game determining procs, people will feel as if their playstyle, experience, and team synchronization actually matter. Just like they do in the balanced twink levels, and just like they did prior to the lvl 71 expansion.
    A secondary problem is the pet power creep. Pet passives and arcane abilities are becoming so strong they are beginning to make even the few remaining balanced pvp zones feel as awful as endgame pvp. Instead of proc-to-win it is becoming have-aa or lose. The room for outplay potential in a situation where you do not have your aa ready and the other person does, is quickly diminishing with new pets being released over time. BUT AT LEAST pressing your pet's aa requires timing unlike the endgame procs. I do not want the focus of this message to be on pets. This is a battle for another day.
    It seems like the forums are a cesspool of toxicity and bad ideas that I am not surprised STS has trouble sorting through. I hope this makes it through. Maybe it's already years too late. Maybe too many pvp lovers have already been driven away from the game for it to recover. But it's worth a shot.
    I would certainly move to endgame pvp and actively participate if this proc removal change was implemented. But until then, I will remain irregularly active at my balanced twink zone where it's the closest it can get to satisfying, meaningful pvp.

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes.)
    Big fax right here.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

These procs killed the competitive nature of pvp and should be removed. The stat increase and additional awake slot(s) on arcane items are enough of an incentive for people to use them in pvp. Without these over-the-top, luck to win, heavily game determining procs, people will feel as if their playstyle, experience, and team synchronization actually matter. Just like they do in the balanced twink levels, and just like they did prior to the lvl 71 expansion.

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes.)
    Wise mind
    +1

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A202F folosind Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

These procs killed the competitive nature of pvp and should be removed from pvp on all gear post-level 66. The stat increase and additional awake slot(s) on arcane items are enough of an incentive for people to use them in pvp. Without these over-the-top, luck to win, heavily game determining procs, people will feel as if their playstyle, experience, and team synchronization actually matter. Just like they do in the balanced twink levels, and just like they did prior to the lvl 71 expansion.

PLS READ! (but TLDR: Procs killed pvp, not awakes. Procs should be removed from pvp post-level 66.)
    Spot on

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Tbh endgame is the only bracket that could be competitive and active since Gears are Always available and hundreds of people keep opening lockeds and awaken their Gears each awa Event.

Twink brackets are losing their attraction because each year we got less Para Gears, because people keep getting banned for doing stupid Things or simply Quitting the game and most people are too lazy to Invest into a Set. Everyone wants to do twink pvp but Nobody wants to Invest into a set or time to make a bracket active again...

48 and 62 are nice brackets to Play where Para Gears Dont Matter anymore but those brackets are only for pvp, at 81 or endgame in general you can atleast also do Event with your set and its much easier to get a group also which sometimes also pulls some pve players that are trying out normal pvp. Honor pvp is cool but its just not as much fun without a ss or a decent Arcane ability such as nekro, meph, glow etc.

I play on literally every twink bracket except everything under lvl 10, i also had maxed Sets For each class at 81 so i could somehow say that i know what im talking about.

Procs were a Problem since 71, 76 was playable with the dozer procs but 81 is too much proc depending. You cant Spawnkill For example because when your procs are on cd you're literally useless. If you actually wanna get any Advantage over the enemie team then dont Go Back to reset your aa's or abilities, reset your proc cd. Cause without the proc you're literally a lost case. The claws work like a Stronger meph with the Armor which literally makes you unkillable. A full int mage can Team wipe with a charged Auto Attack because of the gun, as a war you can literally walk the whole enemie team around through half the map with the aegis proc. It almost feels like playing a different Game at this point.

Sts should overwork the procs in pvp in general, maybe even Cut Out some Features, Nerf the stacking damage reduction, the gun shouldnt one Shot people with a simple charged Auto Attack, mages Arent rogs, lower the time where the aegis pulls people Close to you even tho i have to say Walking the whole enemie team around is fun but way too stupid xD

But whatever, this is just my opinion and my experience that I've made

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpiceps123 View Post
    Sts should overwork the procs in pvp in general, maybe even Cut Out some Features, Nerf the stacking damage reduction, the gun shouldnt one Shot people with a simple charged Auto Attack, mages Arent rogs, lower the time where the aegis pulls people Close to you even tho i have to say Walking the whole enemie team around is fun but way too stupid xD
    There really shouldn't be any sort of luck based procs in pvp. Cutting or nerfing certain features takes too much work to balance and likely won't be perfect. Procs need to be completely disabled in pvp on gear higher than level 66. The additional stats and awake slots are enough of an incentive for pvp players to buy and awake the most current items.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Thaze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

-ALS
    A lot of good suggestions but his is why I started playing different games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellotri View Post
    PvP (Player vs Player) should not include Kill/Death stats. Present -> Ratio instead.
    With respect, these are exactly the kind of suggestions i was referencing in my original post. Kill/Death stats are what give pvp a sense of progression and reward. Without it, people would have far less incentive to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellotri View Post
    The Objective.. im cool with how Spacetime Studios has developed the game. im just chatting and inpiring/possibly.
    Not all my friends in Arlor want to participate in PvP.
    The kills and deaths to my friend stats in PvP is sad.
    Quest -> Kill/Death stat is realistic enough for a vr.
    PvP (Player vs Player) should not include Kill/Death stats. Present -> Ratio instead.
    Guild Battles: I guess keep the Kill/Deaths in stats, being that it is war.
    #extra : Separate Player versus Player stats from PvP Guild Battle stats.

--->> Changing the stats to 'Ratio' for
    PvP (Player Vs Player)

well i can speak more on this subject for years but my electronic battery is low..... see you soon...

''2.Objective.Rather than who gets the most kills win, why not change to another winning condition? I believe PvP which give you chance only to kill or get killed is kind of boring.''
    How exactly is a ratio going to revive pvp… please enlighten us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk