Thread: Reissuing old collectibles as vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default Reissuing old collectibles as vanities

I believe this was discussed in other posts, but I would like to understand why everything has to be a win lose proposition in this game? With a little effort, I’m sure devs can reissue all early season collectible gears as vanities with a very slight variation/distinction i.e. forerunner could have been issued with a slightly different hue of gold or something to that effect to visually distinguish between vanity and collectible. Alternatively all vanity versions could have a small stamp somewhere to creat some distinction from collectibles.

People enjoy various aspects of the game, and a small community has focused on collecting early season gear i.e. collectibles. These gears don’t really have any value in that they’re gears (for stats), and are solely used for eye candy and in a way to document history. In fact, this may very well be the reason there is demand to have them reissued as vanities. People should cherish the time and effort spent by the collector community.

It’s not about benefiting the majority over a minority etc. it’s simply about preserving an important aspect of the game i.e. collecting. More people will take up the cause of collecting and thus documenting other collectibles over the course of the game. Make it a rewarding experience for these players!

I’m sure an amicable solution can be found, that benefits everyone. Let’s aim for a win win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Forgotten Event issues old gears as vanity. Most of the releases are then forgotten again.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Forgotten Event issues old gears as vanity. Most of the releases are then forgotten again.
    That is a great way of putting it.

Dig up, make a shiny copy, pass out to the masses, wear for a while , then toss out.
    Original is forgotten forever and the copy ends up on the first 10 pages of the auction until the event comes back around.

Just my worthless 2 cents on it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Agree with all the comments, but it’s not value per se cause collectors don’t usually let go of such things. It’s to create and enjoy yet another facet of this game which is often neglected by most.

Having said that, yes collectibles create demand, devs release identical vanities, which are doomed to be forgotten (which ironically is also the name of the event).

Anyway for a complete look at Warrior collectibles over the years, strongly suggest visiting house of Warriorknown (complete collection). You are all more than welcome to visit my house as well which has many of these things on display. Ign Paravoid
    Last edited by Fatcowdee; 02-25-2023 at 04:37 AM. Reason: English

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Just give us criers and brown heraldics as vanity I'll be happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

We wouldn't have to talk about having old vanities come back if the design teams was competent enough to release cool vanities.

Old vanities look much better than what they release nowadays. Although they release good stuff from time to time tho.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcowdee View Post
    Agree with all the comments, but it’s not value per say cause collector’s don’t let go of such things. It’s to create and enjoy yet another facet of this game which is often neglected by most.

Having said that, yes collectibles create demand, devs release identical vanities, which are doomed to be forgotten (which ironically is also the name of the event).

Anyway for a complete look at Warrior collectibles over the years, strongly suggest visiting house of Warriorknown (complete collection). You are all more than welcome to visit my house as well which has many of these things on display. Ign Paravoid
    You are wrong, some collectors do let go of things, like my crier lvl7 war vest. Currently reserved.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Made the necessary correction, thank you for pointing that out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fatcowdee For This Useful Post: