Thread: "BUYING ITEM LISTING" in CS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default "BUYING ITEM LISTING" in CS.

Ok here's an idea I came up with recently.

Let's say I really want to buy an elite marlin sword, I have 1.2 Mill to spend but currently prices are around 1.4-1.6 (examples)
    A feature where I could place a BUYING ITEM LISTING
    I actually put 1.2 million gold into this "listing" which is held there, and anyone can come along, browse these adds and exchange their elite marlin sword for the 1.2 million gold, I can then collect the marlin sword from CS whenever I please.

So the feature works like a backwards way of how it does now, but saves people from wasting time running around balefort shouting "BUYING ELITE MARLIN SWORD 1.2MILL" for 4 hours when nobody is selling and there may not even be any in CS... instead they could be spending time and money on elixers

Feedback from a dev would be fantastic, feel free to post in support/disagreement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Sounds like something from Runescape. Too bad PL can't just completely copy Runescape's G.E.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Never played runescape TBH, I wouldn't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Excellent idea. I think there should also be a place in the CS where you could sell a group of items together in one sale, such as a set.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Excellent idea. I think there should also be a place in the CS where you could sell a group of items together in one sale, such as a set.
    100% agree, I meant to add this to my post.
    Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Excellent idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

+1 for me would love to see this added to the game.
    MAINS: L56 Ursan xkiilzx, L55 Avian Unxtoxic, L55 Spellcaster Nonxtoxic, L10 Avian Merchant Toxicmerchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Excellent idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default "BUYING ITEM LISTING" in CS.

+1
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hopefully we get some DEV response

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If they are going to redo the CS, let me also suggest a "completed listings" place where you can look up previous sales of the items, perhaps over the previous week or so. Anyone who uses eBay knows that you can search previous listings.

As a merchant, I'm so sick and tired of someone coming up to me with their forgotten bow and tell me that it is 400k in the CS so they want me to buy it for 200k, and when I offer them 25k, they are angry and think I'm trying to rip them off. Meanwhile, the two bows sitting in the CS for 400k and 425k have no chance of selling and are just listed by idiots who have no idea of the item's value. It would be nice to be able to see the prices of actual sales of the item in the recent past. I think a 1 week history would be very good. This would allow people to see the real price of an item -- what people actually paid for it, rather than just see what people are asking or hoping to get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

And notifications of a "sold" or "expired" item in the cs too
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I love this idea +1 hope we see this in the game and i like the set ideas to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Devs should add its cool but also very complicated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:773418
    If they are going to redo the CS, let me also suggest a "completed listings" place where you can look up previous sales of the items, perhaps over the previous week or so. Anyone who uses eBay knows that you can search previous listings.

As a merchant, I'm so sick and tired of someone coming up to me with their forgotten bow and tell me that it is 400k in the CS so they want me to buy it for 200k, and when I offer them 25k, they are angry and think I'm trying to rip them off. Meanwhile, the two bows sitting in the CS for 400k and 425k have no chance of selling and are just listed by idiots who have no idea of the item's value. It would be nice to be able to see the prices of actual sales of the item in the recent past. I think a 1 week history would be very good. This would allow people to see the real price of an item -- what people actually paid for it, rather than just see what people are asking or hoping to get.
    This would also be a great addition
    MAINS: L56 Ursan xkiilzx, L55 Avian Unxtoxic, L55 Spellcaster Nonxtoxic, L10 Avian Merchant Toxicmerchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This looks like they have been toying with this idea, was on a survey recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Interesting. I like this. Maybe even for all 3 (soon 4) STS games.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Kewl Idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Great Idea!!!

GREAT idea!! If only they would do this. I swear I feel like I'm buying a used car from a shady dealer half the time. I find the whole CS experience and the oh so aggrevating people spamming OVER and OVER "will buy forgotten items" (lol) just down right annoying and would honestly prefer not to fool with it all. And honestly ... so I don't have to deal with the "shady used car salesman .. or in this case PL Salesman" I just deal with what I have until absolutely necessary to change my gear. With the way you explained I would def purchase and sell more. But right now ... just annoys me.