Thread: Limit gold farming and is luck worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default Limit gold farming and is luck worth it?

A quick thread. Now that gold sets are cheap and u can get 400% ava for 5m+, making this game is focusing on gold loot as top income. Today, zaarus getting cheaper which opened a chances for newbie to get em. This leads to inflation too, by the way i overpriced an item and people still buy. Sts seems to cant find a way to fix this. They can only come with one method to fix gold loot which is "nerf". This nerf, only kills joy of new players, or those who just obtained their gold loot set.

What caused inflation are those richies who got 1000%gl and farm like a no life person and looted 100m a day. Because of this, we,newbie cant farm in gold loot map because sts only know one way to fix inflation which is "nerf gold loot map". Why dont limit the gold we can loot each day to 10m-20m?

My another question is, i wonder if luck reroll still a thing today in AL. Its becoming more useless day by day with gold loot on rampage.

Im sorry my english is bad, i want to express my feelings about this game i loved the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Better more and better gold sink options like event elixirs instead of platinum why not gold like in the winter event this way ppl will spend gold to buy elixir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

So its not fair that those "richies" who have played for years to be better than a "newbie" who has played for days-weeks?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    So its not fair that those "richies" who have played for years to be better than a "newbie" who has played for days-weeks?
    +1 facts

SM-M315F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

for the issue of fairness between the rich and the poor, yes it's better to have more events that make these new players unable to feel it but rich (old) player can feel as they please.. so they only focus on rahab while new players focus on events. Like with this fishing event where new players can focus on fishing and then selling their looted or crafted items at will while the rich buy the items they sell at a fair price, because it's quite unfortunate that there are still many rich people who want to buy or bid cheaply to new player.
    so new players can also upgrade their characters such as buying craft slots etc. to become their capital for crafting. And I think sts has done a good job of making events fair enough, making cheap zaarus sets and cheap gl sets so that if new players are diligent and lucky in running events, they can farm in rahab. But it's also unfortunate that before that many new players forced themselves to play at Rahab even though in my opinion it was better for them to play events providing raw materials/finished goods that would be sold to rich people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snaptubepro View Post
    A quick thread. Now that gold sets are cheap and u can get 400% ava for 5m+, making this game is focusing on gold loot as top income. Today, zaarus getting cheaper which opened a chances for newbie to get em. This leads to inflation too, by the way i overpriced an item and people still buy. Sts seems to cant find a way to fix this. They can only come with one method to fix gold loot which is "nerf". This nerf, only kills joy of new players, or those who just obtained their gold loot set.

What caused inflation are those richies who got 1000%gl and farm like a no life person and looted 100m a day. Because of this, we,newbie cant farm in gold loot map because sts only know one way to fix inflation which is "nerf gold loot map". Why dont limit the gold we can loot each day to 10m-20m?

My another question is, i wonder if luck reroll still a thing today in AL. Its becoming more useless day by day with gold loot on rampage.

Im sorry my english is bad, i want to express my feelings about this game i loved the most.
    So ppl with low gl, that u call them newbies, can't farm 100m in a day too?
    The difference is just the time u'll need to spend for get those millions compared to others players.

"This nerf, only kills joy of new players"
    So inflation don't?

U can't blame someone more rich than u just for being rich.

Enviado de meu SM-A037M usando o Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Something i always tell players when they're returning and trying to make gold, and whether or not their incentive is to catch up with their other friends, or just the current meta at all, is you need money to make money. Within the last 1-2 weeks, before the GL nerf of rahabkor was even mentioned, i had some friends of mine ( offline for half a year, and another over a full year ) return to the game. They both were interested in the way the game was played currently, and wanted advice on how to be a strong rogue, and asked what was worth it to invest some time into.

1 friend i told to sell majority of his old vanities from some years ago, and try to get himself a starter mythic set. Something nice and basic, 4/4 buff and 2-3% dex stat per piece. I told him to try and find a MS awakened speed set too, for the future of any events he might partake in. But in terms of gear, i mentioned that slowing down, and not rushing into arcanes was the better mindset. He was able to use his gold to partake in trade deals regarding crate keys, and the past event the halo hunters, was able to make some nice gold as a bonus. Nowadays I'd say he's on a really good pace to getting geared up, but needs to wait till more gear is available and the prices possibly even out. Then secure your items, and start to climb further from there.

The other friend i told pretty much the same thing. He was always the patient type of player as a whole, and approached things slowly. He had a speed set already, so that wasn't too important to purchase again. He didn't have a lot of assets stashed away, or a lot of connections in quick ways to make gold in this current economy. I told him of the upcoming events, Ursoth - Eggzavier - Easter, all of which should be expected within a rough 2 month window. Those are without a doubt, some of the best opportunities in which to make gold for a returning player, and start to properly invest into eggs, awakening gems in the summer, or even red eggs for the different currencies the game has to offer.
    -This friend knows the prices of gear tends to always eventually drop off after a long period of time, but because of the hype around rahabkor and it's gold, people saw reason to gear up, and take on the task to farm gold. So in his case, to rush these arcane items, when most of them are almost at their peak prices, would've resulted in some loss of motivation for jumping into water, not knowing it was already boiling.

TLDR : Start small with your gold if you are returning to the game, or are looking for a way to climb. It doesn't have to be quick, but over a period of a few months, if you're persistent and smart with investments into items, you can build your overall stats and gold loot to new extremes.

- I've personally been a player since the 41 or 45 Expansion. There's been so many times i couldn't catch up with my friends, and i'd beat myself up for not being on their level. But the real friends who get you through those moments of demotivation, always told me to keep my head up, and eventually my time will come. In noway shape or form am i saying i'm all there, but in terms of some friends of mine, i'd like to think i'm comfortable in the way i play and approach some content. I've always been the reserved type of player. Casual passive investments, ways to make gold by investing long hours into grinds. Whether it's for chests, or gold loot on some of the earlier year instances. I don't like to rush merch sales, and extort prices like some might feel inclined to do, based on how the economy is fairing lately. I respect all instances of ways to make gold, until it comes to the destructive methods. I'm not saying inflation, or prioritizing gold loot isn't bad for the game. It is. Many other people agreed on the topic as well. But scamming, or getting quick flips on occasion, aren't something i'd do myself. If you operate that way, that's fine.

Thanks for hearing me out if you've made it this far :-)

If this interest you, send a notification to Ign in my Signature. :-)
    Leader of <Married> Guild (Private) Heart Of Darkness Ring Est. Oct. 31 2019

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayceeoh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    So many new players with this belief. We play for a decade or more and should be financially equal with them and dont dare have a vanity or equipment they can't obtain. makes total sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

We will need a higher gold limit. Prices will just raise with current stand point.

And/or make more OP gold loot items that are difficult to get.

But Luck HUGE -1 I can go around with 95% luck total with pet and after egg shell ring kicks in at 15%

And drops aren’t that much Op. if anything a lot more legendary; but I think it should aim towards the better items such as vanity drops and arcane teirs and the chances to loot should be waaaay higher. Cuz I see people with zero luck and they loot pretty good and run less. The luck system is broken; or we don’t have a clear understanding of how it fully works with the loot % tables

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello! as a returning player myself (mage), do you have any advice on what I should do to get back into the game? and if I may ask, what is a speed set?