Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Have faith and don't panic!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    This seems a good place to put what I was saying in chat. I think it is good we are having to defend (for instance) Numa Prime again. It's Part II of a Trilogy. The Scorn have to gain some ground on us so the characters can get motivated for Part III, in which we (hopefully) attack them at their base. But for part II, like the Battle of Helm's Deep, we have to slog through the struggles and failures, lose ground, and start to worry. That's how stories work. I took some workshops with Nancy Kress (a Hugo and Nebula winner) and she said a story is always 1. problem 2. setbacks 3. discovery and 4. breakthrough. Alien Oasis II was not that much different from AO I, but AO III was crazy different. Remember? So they gotta save the attack on the Scorn base for Part III.

I don't get why our weapon design is supposed to change. Time hasn't moved forward. Tech is still the same. Shall the devs make unique designs of weapons only to have them tossed aside at the next upgrade? Why? Because some of us are bored with the look? Maybe we would get the new weapons at the Discovery and Breakthrough phase, but for the Setback stage we should use the weapons we got from the Hive. But who knows? Maybe there are new weapons at L45. That's maybe the Discovery stage, eh? But for 41 to 44 I think we should have to struggle with what we have.

PLUS, what's the weapon design contest for, if not to give new weapons? Until the contest ends, they can't be put into the game.
    So what you are saying is, that part 2 should require no new development. Just use the same maps, use all the same gear (because if we don't have the tech for new weapons, why would we have tech for new armor?) So... copy old maps, no new equipment at all, maybe a new boss/enemy, and call it a day? Doesn't seem worthy of 9 months.

I understand what your saying though, but an MMO and it's updates are a bit different than reading a book.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post: