Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Have faith and don't panic!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thumbs up Have faith and don't panic!

A couple of words of support. No drama please. Seems we had enough of it

Every vet player can tell that i'm the one restless dude that always wants more from STS..

And i'm waiting for the cap with everybody else for all the time it is not here..

But i would like to step up for STS and Gibber this time..

Just have a look at the situation from different point of view:

SL was a mess (in development) when STS started DL..

Yes, it seemed really deserted till the time when JustG decided to give each game its own Lead Designer..

SL got its Captain - Gibber, who was non-talkative at the beginning.. You know why? Just because he was too busy..

As the Captain of UCS BlackStar he needed two things most of all - the Team and the Course

I don't know what came first, but now he got both (and a bit extra i hope))

Now Gibber chats in update-related posts asking questions and answering them
    Now he sends us surveys to learn our needs
    Now he launches contests on weapon design
    Now he introduces his crew (remember he was talking about two cool guys in the dev team who are huge fans of SL?)

Yes, he's not as active as Carapace.. But DL was the headliner of the studio with all that plat-oriented adult gameplay, aimed to get the most money for STS and i assume it was getting most resourses which Gibber was building up from a scratch for SL

Think of what have been done already:

1) new client released. You probably think 'so what? I don't need new client - i need new content!' but have you thought of possibilities this FULLY 3D client gives us in the future? Have you heard rumors about personal spaceships? I guess u have not

2) really fun and easy-xp event was launched to give all the chance to cap as many toons as they wish

3) the Hive was released - and what is the Hive? It's the elite farming map we were asking so many times in 'suggestions'

4) UCS Savant missions - you keep saying 'this is not the cap' YES this is not the cap! This is the PREVIEW of new cap.. And i really think that several levels with bosses and pink loot are MUCH BETTER than a two minutes length video with Sam doing shooting (nothing personal, Sam, just an example)

So i see quite clear perspective for SL and it IS good..

And i ask you, guys, not to complain, but to get our faith and put it into devs

Let's trust them. Let's believe they are doing beautiful and UBERcool update.. Even if the maps r remixed - that does not mean they will be bad to play! Gibber showed us he has understanding in level design and planting surprises!

If we do so - they never can fail us. As the accumulated faith brings up gods from oblivion, you know...

May the Force be with us all
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 09-05-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post: