Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What YOU always WANTED to KNOW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil:774945
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Will we ever get a Sit emote? In any STS game? Preferably all of them. Don't our characters get tired standing all the time?
    Or better yet, a bathroom emote. My char has been holding it since the iOS release.
    They go when you are logged out.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    They go when you are logged out.

Indeed!!

Lmao
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

When is the glitch in the trip wires in consumer testing in cycorp gonna be fixed?
    You get card and turn terminal off trip wire vanishes and you go thru it and still die..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Zero*:775332
    When is the glitch in the trip wires in consumer testing in cycorp gonna be fixed?
    You get card and turn terminal off trip wire vanishes and you go thru it and still die..
    Sorry but that sounds like a funny bug until I try it out. I never heard of it before.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Zero* View Post
    Sounds familiar (;

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Pfffff STS Smh!
    " Arcane Legend: Aliss lvl.16 Warrior."
    Tired of that Old Sig? Want a Fresh New One?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...re-Design-Shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

When is caaaap??

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Hey Star Legends,

I'm going to try to answer some of the remaining questions to the best of my ability, but I may not have all the answers, or the answers you are looking for.

6) can we expect new guild tiers in the near future?

We don't have anything planned at this time, but that doesn't mean the answer to this question is no.

7) are you going to make more guild ranks to expand this aspect of the game?

Same answer as above, nothing planned at this time.

8) any plans of having more than 2 viable sets of gear? Or will Custom/Plat be the reoccurring theme at all caps?

I don't see this changing, but the latest loot drop gear from Scorn 2 was a move to make loot gear more viable. Were we successful, discuss?!

9) any plans at throwing out some items that beef up random stats, but suck at other things... possibly hurting you in other ways? IE: +20 mana regen, -100 hitpoints

This is not our current itemization strategy, so I don't see us introducing +/- gear.

10) PL got Elite weapons, DL got Relics, will SL get something higher than Legendary as well?

Maybe, but for now Legendary items are the top of the food chain.

11) will same level farming still be in affect, or gear drops reduced in comparison to Voleria expansion? (Must be -1 Cap before you drop anything worth value/but when hit it becomes abundant)

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this since Scorn 2 is out now and items are dropping. We tried to make these items worthwhile and drop at a reasonable rate. What do you think?

12) will there be any new emoticons and face/hairstyles in the near future???

We don't have any new emotes of face/hairstyles on the schedule at this time, but if this is something that the players are wanting we can consider it. What would you like to see?

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gibber For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
    Hey Star Legends,

I'm going to try to answer some of the remaining questions to the best of my ability, but I may not have all the answers, or the answers you are looking for.

We don't have anything planned at this time, but that doesn't mean the answer to this question is no.

8) any plans of having more than 2 viable sets of gear? Or will Custom/Plat be the reoccurring theme at all caps?

I don't see this changing, but the latest loot drop gear from Scorn 2 was a move to make loot gear more viable. Were we successful, discuss?!

9) any plans at throwing out some items that beef up random stats, but suck at other things... possibly hurting you in other ways? IE: +20 mana regen, -100 hitpoints

This is not our current itemization strategy, so I don't see us introducing +/- gear.

10) PL got Elite weapons, DL got Relics, will SL get something higher than Legendary as well?

Maybe, but for now Legendary items are the top of the food chain.

11) will same level farming still be in affect, or gear drops reduced in comparison to Voleria expansion? (Must be -1 Cap before you drop anything worth value/but when hit it becomes abundant)

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this since Scorn 2 is out now and items are dropping. We tried to make these items worthwhile and drop at a reasonable rate. What do you think?

12) will there be any new emoticons and face/hairstyles in the near future???

We don't have any new emotes of face/hairstyles on the schedule at this time, but if this is something that the players are wanting we can consider it. What would you like to see?
    More customizable inspect page, pure red hair, new style of hair like spikes or afros, and new style of face like with tatoos or masks? But thanks for that Gibber!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Astrocat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Thanks Gibber for giving us your time to answer these!
    About the emotions, everyone wants new ones so badly! Like sitting down, a mute emotion, a scary emotion, a hug emotion, maybe a cookie emotion. Or more speciaL effects would be awesome :-)
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Gibber a faint emote would be awesome or feign emote

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 09-25-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Hmm... Gibber answered. Lemme try a question.

Gibber, why does it seem that Star Legends is getting the short end of the stick when it comes to content? No daily rewards, no gear above legendary, nothing like Pocket Legends or Dark Legends, and I won't even mention the exceptionally long time it took for this cap update. Oops, I guess I did. It smacks of favoritism and I can't say I much care for it.

-----
    Tapatalk? More like MoneyGrabTalk, amirite?!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Thank you for answers, Captain!

i want to stress the importance of the guild system of SL

as it seems new campaigns are gonna get more and more hardcore (which i'm totally fine with) we need more organised team play to successfully play them

we can live without new emotes and hairs, but we really need more ranks to keep our guilds alive and motivated

the way the system works now the only rank guildies wish is Officers and even reaching it they don't really have too many options with it

this should be updated imo - more ranks with different abilities to help in moderation as well as global motivation to achieve new ranks - look at it as a social achievements, but not in the 'titles' way, but real ones

there are lots of suggestions in the 'suggestions' - if you check them you will be able to get the picture as well as the way of expanding this aspect of play.. Let's make it SOCIAL!

here are some of them:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-info-for-GMs

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-player-limit

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nts-from-guild

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-guild-system

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uot-Suggestion

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ild-Suggestion

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...from-guild-tab

to put it really simple to implement you can just use more variety of ranks. Really easy to code. No new mechanics but will work great:

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    This suggestion, good or not-so-good, raises the question of a more complex guild managing system we were asking looooong ago...

More people 'in charge' will surely help as a GM, so the guild generally

There were several ideas about 'leutenants' and 'co-masters' and generally wider specter of guild ranks

This will lead to deeper social part of gameplay as well as more motivation for guild members to do something useful for a guild.. Now, as soon as a member joins, I rank him up to 'recruiter' coz otherwise he's kinda useless.. After he proves himself and his loyalty, I rank him up to the 'officer'... And... That's all I (or any GM) can do..

Concerning the very suggestion - co-leaders can be whoever they want (or need) to be - peacemakers or armory masters.. The point is we need it to be programmed! And the more positions in guild there will be - the better!!

This is not that hard I guess - to repeat the code lines so we could rank up not 3, but 15 times. And variables such as 'ranks' could be taken from fleet (navy) ranking system

UPD

And if STS will put more 'coding powa' into the guild system, then we could have more complex abilities for the officers and other guildies. I see it like 4 leveled members system:

1) only GM or co-leaders can boot

2) high class officers can promote and demote

3) medium class officers can only promote (and this should be approved by leaders)

4) junior class can only recruit

Plese note, that each 'class' includes several ranks, making a ladder of 12-16 ranks total
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

these answers are cool
    always wanted to know what kind of environment the new levels get developed in, are they tied in to the existing game in any way, and how the new content is merged with the existing content
    also always wanted to know how the patch/software update works... guessing that the patch numbers restart after every time the main app gets updated, but does sts ever update the patches themselves, or are they just sent down in numbers till the next one
    and vanity drops... know there is a lot of speculation in this area already, just wanted to know if drops are time specific (so many vanity drops in a week/month), so say only so many skulls drop in a week, or does this scale according to the number of people playing the game, so if more people play, more skulls drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Hey Star Legends,

First of it must be said, we appreciate the time you have taken to answer these1 questions. (Nice surprise)

I'm on the fence with this one now. I'm extremely glad you did away with previous layout for drops, nothing good become if that.

I believe the majority of people/players prefer how it is now, as you can have "cool" visuals even on the lowest sets of armour.

The only thing that leaves me on the fence is the fact that it's becoming a "PL in space" SL used to have a "special" feeling about it. Never used to follow in exactly anothers titles footsteps.

Overall the players seem happy old and new on this current system.

Two things that bugs me and many other I have spoken to;

1. The fact that the new geared Stats "mess" with Classes. Meaning a Op/Engi can Tank just as well as a Comm. This update has removed the need for different classes.

Either way;

Op Tank = High def/Crazy DMG output/Crazy dge

Engi Tank = High def/Crazy edge/Able to heal which acts as a part of a "higher Tank"

Com Tank = Get to be a Tank as they always were, but less effective depending on a messed up gear change meaning Part Orange/Green/Purple/Pink losing out on Stats, while other class there is no need and they get the full potential of the gears.

2. I'm able to Cap in two plays.

53k was perfectly fine. The only thing that needed to be changed was the rate the xp was given. Meaning higher XP per mob/boss kills.

53k - 12.1k is a huge drop.

The levelling curve seems like it was just thrown out of the window.

Increasing the XP per Mob/Boss kill would have just had the same effect but lasted longer.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I do agree with Bodmaster :-) But I must add my view,
    I welcome the changes Gibber made with the Armour, From Day one I always played my Engineer as a com, a tank. It used to get me killed a lot but the groups I was in always appreciated how I played, I healed and did a coms job aswell. It made me an excellent aggressive pve engineer. Usually leading Groups and controling aggro well, while doing everything a normal engineer should do too.

This new armour we have been graced with this time actually improves my ability to back up my playing style. It is a shame it isn't just exclusive to myself though hahaha and I can see how it has upset many players that any engineer can now tank now aswell.

It is good how they did throw in some new game changing armour/weapons sets. I bet a lot of enginees never imagined in their wildest dreams that they would be able to tank like I used to lol.

It's all a matter of opinion though and I'm personally glad Gibber added this as it certainly helps me and my pve party out with how I've always played this game :-)
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post

53k was perfectly fine. The only thing that needed to be changed was the rate the xp was given. Meaning higher XP per mob/boss kills.

53k - 12.1k is a huge drop.

The levelling curve seems like it was just thrown out of the window.

Increasing the XP per Mob/Boss kill would have just had the same effect but lasted longer.
    XP in all levels is the same when a character receives it. I used XP enabler to reach from 41-45 on a 3x xp elix. I dont want more time to cap, it quickly becomes a grindfest that leaves no time for other games. We want to cap yea (we want vanity caps and stuff), but we also want to cap in other games and enjoy those too. PL became like this and now people wont leave that game to try other games for the fear of not staying competitive. Lowcap=play other sts games.

EG: I caped in SL now I can help in DL and soon AL. Imaging an update at the same time for 4 games of sts, and you cap in all games?!?! its maddening I tell you.

I know i'm not the only one who player who enjoys all the games. But caps are made to keep you busy till an update....now with a larger team I hope for smaller caps. I hope that PL gets smaller caps in the future.

I know there will be people telling me "then dont cap in other games, or dont play the other games" but thats not the point. if you invested effort to the games it becomes very close to you...ya'know. capped or not.
    Last edited by octavos; 09-26-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    XP in all levels is the same when a character receives it. I used XP enabler to reach from 41-45 on a 3x xp elix. I dont want more time to cap, it quickly becomes a grindfest that leaves no time for other games. We want to cap yea (we want vanity caps and stuff), but we also want to cap in other games and enjoy those too. PL became like this and now people wont leave that game to try other games for the fear of not staying competitive. Lowcap=play other sts games.

EG: I caped in SL now I can help in DL and soon AL. Imaging an update at the same time for 4 games of sts, and you cap in all games?!?! its maddening I tell you.

I know i'm not the only one who player who enjoys all the games. But caps are made to keep you busy till an update....now with a larger team I hope for smaller caps. I hope that PL gets smaller caps in the future.

I know there will be people telling me "then dont cap in other games, or dont play the other games" but thats not the point. if you invested effort to the games it becomes very close to you...ya'know. capped or not.
    Yes, yes, yes, BUT. Capping was meant to be ELITE. It was to show who wanted to go the extra mile. Now basically anyone can get it in a week. Where is the challenge? Where is the fun? I get where you're coming from, but everyone has a favorite game, so people should go all out on that one, and then see how far they can get on the others. Didn't expect to wait 9 months only to cap less than a week after it came out. That's just my opinion, but once again I do get where you're coming from.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaonabiuibil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

guys i think there should be a time decided and there should be all devs,admins, i.e gibber,justg,delphina,sam come to ucs and answer our questions one by one what do you say a meeting for discussion...................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    Thanks Gibber for giving us your time to answer these!
    About the emotions, everyone wants new ones so badly! Like sitting down, a mute emotion, a scary emotion, a hug emotion, maybe a cookie emotion. Or more speciaL effects would be awesome :-)
    really i would love to have them all