Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What YOU always WANTED to KNOW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    Yes, yes, yes, BUT. Capping was meant to be ELITE. It was to show who wanted to go the extra mile. Now basically anyone can get it in a week. Where is the challenge? Where is the fun? I get where you're coming from, but everyone has a favorite game, so people should go all out on that one, and then see how far they can get on the others. Didn't expect to wait 9 months only to cap less than a week after it came out. That's just my opinion, but once again I do get where you're coming from.
    Elite is open interpretation my friend, I can be elite by collecting all vanities or helping tons of friends. XP cap is how much free time you have. Being a working adult and this being a mobile game, I would expect that Elite would have a different meaning. Zaona, I see where you come from too...but if you pop tons of elix don't that defeat the purpose or does that show how big your wallet is?. But i do believe that you should cap in little time because since devs never give a definite date on new releases, you can be cut short on the cap item, and you dont want that do ya
    Last edited by octavos; 09-26-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    I do agree with Bodmaster :-) But I must add my view,
    I welcome the changes Gibber made with the Armour, From Day one I always played my Engineer as a com, a tank. It used to get me killed a lot but the groups I was in always appreciated how I played, I healed and did a coms job aswell. It made me an excellent aggressive pve engineer. Usually leading Groups and controling aggro well, while doing everything a normal engineer should do too.

This new armour we have been graced with this time actually improves my ability to back up my playing style. It is a shame it isn't just exclusive to myself though hahaha and I can see how it has upset many players that any engineer can now tank now aswell.

It is good how they did throw in some new game changing armour/weapons sets. I bet a lot of enginees never imagined in their wildest dreams that they would be able to tank like I used to lol.

It's all a matter of opinion though and I'm personally glad Gibber added this as it certainly helps me and my pve party out with how I've always played this game :-)
    But you must admit it has lessened the need for other Classes. All can Tank, so an actual player that loves to Tank hasn't got a specific task now.

Normal DMG, unable to heal/rev, has less dge but more armour. It's not a wonder why everyone has changed their mains to Op/Engi.

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    XP in all levels is the same when a character receives it. I used XP enabler to reach from 41-45 on a 3x xp elix. I dont want more time to cap, it quickly becomes a grindfest that leaves no time for other games. We want to cap yea (we want vanity caps and stuff), but we also want to cap in other games and enjoy those too. PL became like this and now people wont leave that game to try other games for the fear of not staying competitive. Lowcap=play other sts games.

EG: I caped in SL now I can help in DL and soon AL. Imaging an update at the same time for 4 games of sts, and you cap in all games?!?! its maddening I tell you.

I know i'm not the only one who player who enjoys all the games. But caps are made to keep you busy till an update....now with a larger team I hope for smaller caps. I hope that PL gets smaller caps in the future.

I know there will be people telling me "then dont cap in other games, or dont play the other games" but thats not the point. if you invested effort to the games it becomes very close to you...ya'know. capped or not.
    And players that only enjoy SL, where does that leave them?

A cap should take longer than 2 plays. Why Cap 10+ players on the same content, seems pointless.

This was challenging at lvl 32-36 at least. (x3)

Not even a week after and there was a thread asking for a Cap raise.

Like I said previously if there is a plan to keep "constant" updates read for SL then this is the way to go about it. However if this is going to be in place to keep us "occupied" for another 8-10 months then good this will not end up well.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Still waiting on an answer on a Sit emote.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Lol Bron, Gib said to suggest some. So go to suggestions either look for a thread that has already been created or make a new one if one doesn't exist (;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Default my answers to your points Bod

And players that only enjoy SL, where does that leave them? this is me, SL is my home. Find another game to play as I was forced to do with a year without updates. I don't have the energy and time to grind.

A cap should take longer than 2 plays. Why Cap 10+ players on the same content, seems pointless. Yea, good point

This was challenging at lvl 32-36 at least. (x3) best piece was the helm, and enemies were easy...all you need was time to invest.

Not even a week after and there was a thread asking for a Cap raise. Kids bod. Me, you or even mitch wouldn't ask for that. You know were on the same side.

Like I said previously if there is a plan to keep "constant" updates read for SL then this is the way to go about it. However if this is going to be in place to keep us "occupied" for another 8-10 months then good this will not end up well. Sam has stated that SL was on the backburner. But since JustG's statement I believe we will see updates pretty regularly. Maybe not a cap event...but something to keep us busy. Just take a glance at my news thread...I documented everything XD
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I was talkin to Gibber in pms and asked him to join the discussion again

though i think Bod is suggesting good thing - lets help 'em out with proposals
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Just can't wait for new vanity's and the customs.. .

--
    Sent by a Cat, using Tapatalk in Space!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    But you must admit it has lessened the need for other Classes. All can Tank, so an actual player that loves to Tank hasn't got a specific task.
    You make a really valid point :-) I actually agree with you there :-)
    Again I do wish the new eng armour was exclusive to myself in that aspect or we had the ability in this game to merge classes (or jobs in some rpg)
    It really isn't fair to the coms who enjoyed playing the tanks.
    At least you still have the aggro and mob control and majority of aoe damage ^_^
    (Trying to look at the positives for you) *Big manly hug*

Also I agree the cap should of been 25k instead of 50k and 12k but then again I get stressed trying to lvl in time before cap update thanks to my children, wife and job. So I'm happier and less stressed now I've capped but I am on the same side. Aslong as there are new content and stuff added all the time I think we will all benefit from it. Hopefully a new cap will be available to us in Winter.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    You make a really valid point :-) I actually agree with you there :-)
    Again I do wish the new eng armour was exclusive to myself in that aspect or we had the ability in this game to merge classes (or jobs in some rpg)
    It really isn't fair to the coms who enjoyed playing the tanks.
    At least you still have the aggro and mob control and majority of aoe damage ^_^
    (Trying to look at the positives for you) *Big manly hug*

Also I agree the cap should of been 25k instead of 50k and 12k but then again I get stressed trying to lvl in time before cap update thanks to my children, wife and job. So I'm happier and less stressed now I've capped but I am on the same side. Aslong as there are new content and stuff added all the time I think we will all benefit from it. Hopefully a new cap will be available to us in Winter.
    Out of thanks lol.

Just like the idea of Classes being there for a reason, and with this update I feel that has been lost somewhat.

And that XP requirement was nuked, not nerf'd/adjusted a little lol. I could have lived with 25/30k (: (and would be playing right now not lurking the forums xD)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

also was looking forward to seeing some blackstar stuff in the final game
    what happened to all the stuff developed for blackstar? any chance these things will be introduced in later caps?
    Last edited by Slant; 09-26-2012 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    also was looking forward to seeing some blackstar stuff in the final game
    what happened to all the stuff developed for blackstar? any chance these things will be introduced in later caps?
    Was stated it will be eventually. Guess they will at least introduce it after 3rd Scorn. (Will be handy to get confirmation*though)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I suggested a Sit emote back in beta iirc. Is it time to suggest it again maybe?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I suggested a Sit emote back in beta iirc. Is it time to suggest it again maybe?
    If so, suggest more than just Sit emote, make it a full suggestion worth noting. Any Emote you can think of should be added, and allow others to add, maybe edit and add the ones you find suitable?

Then at least when the Dev see it they can get a rough idea on the next batch of Emotes to be released

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    If so, suggest more than just Sit emote, make it a full suggestion worth noting. Any Emote you can think of should be added, and allow others to add, maybe edit and add the ones you find suitable?

Then at least when the Dev see it they can get a rough idea on the next batch of Emotes to be released
    I like this ^ what if someone made a thread on emote suggestions, and as people suggested more they added to the list?
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I like this ^ what if someone made a thread on emote suggestions, and as people suggested more they added to the list?
    Isn't that what I just said? Or are you just trying confuzzle me :O (it worked by the way xD)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Do it. Do it. Cause I honestly don't care about other emotes and can't think of any others myself.

All I care about is sitting in chairs and similar stuff. Standing inside a chair is just not the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Do it. Do it. Cause I honestly don't care about other emotes and can't think of any others myself.

All I care about is sitting in chairs and similar stuff. Standing inside a chair is just not the same.
    Zaon, seems just the right man for the job, crazy imagination that one. Make it a good one buddy xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

I want a milking a cow emote.

-----
    Tapatalk? More like MoneyGrabTalk, amirite?!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post

-----
    ZOMG me too!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post

-----
    You know that seriously wouldn't look good stood next to another player, without a Mooooo right (LOL)