Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Time Has Come

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Default My Time Has Come

Hi guys, I think it's about time I made my exit. I'm starting to get unbelievably busy IRL, and I'd like to keep on track with my schooling this year. Last year I didn't do so hot, and I don't want to repeat the same errors. So, unfortunately, I have to say good-bye to some of my favorite things in life, PL being one of them.

I guess I'll start a little story of my journey, since not many people know how I got started.

The very first time I tapped that shield icon, I knew that PL was the right game for me. It's everything I like. Fantasy, leveling, items, collecting stuff, bragging, friends, etc. etc. So, I leveled my way up to 14, which at the time was as far as I could go since I couldn't buy the next campaign. I snooped around the towns, collected items, made jokes, friends, etc. I remember playing a PVP match and getting completely owned, so I didn't do it again.

Then, one of my best friends started leveling super high, and naturally I got jealous. So, I used my mom's credit card to buy a plat pack, and purchased all the campaigns my heart desired to get. But, little did I know that these campaigns were very hard, and of course I didn't have the right gear, so I got discouraged, and stopped.

Soon after, I learned about this magical thing called an elixir. I guessed that's how my friend had been leveling so fast. So, I bought yet another plat pack, juiced myself up, and shot through the levels. Before I knew it, I was 50. The highest level possible. Did I stop there? No. I had to have the best gear. So, not knowing what I was doing, I bought plat packs until I had enough gold to buy a shadows set. Then I felt elite.

After capping, I got bored, and joined the forums. At the time, I was a noob, and a jerk, so I posted stupid stuff that I still look back on today. I later learned that this was serious business, and I wanted to be a part of it. So I told myself, do I want to make myself look like an idiot? No.So, I decided to start capitalizing my sentences, using periods, commas, correct grammar, spelling, and most importantly, rereading my posts. My posts started becoming more successful, and I started getting the feedback I was looking for.

This was probably the biggest moment in my life. Not only did this effect my online life, but my real life as well. And I started thinking more logically. I gained confidence in myself, and came back to the forums more often.

Campaigns passed, sewers, my favorite, was a great time in my PL career. I met my best friend, XxZombikilrxX, and we played the heck out of the game. We capped, capped again, and capped again, until we couldn't get enough sewers. (Cap as in 55, not 56). SL came out, Zom left, and I started losing interest. It wasn't until one night on vacation, when I started playing again. I got a heck of a deal on Enchanted armor and cowl, and couldn't wait to get the staff. However, not matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find a deal. That staff was seriously expensive at the time. One of my friends, Generalriggs I believe, finally got tired of hearing me complain and bought me one. That was the day of my life. I had green sparkles. O. M. G. I gained interest again, and started PVP'ing. I sucked, so I stopped. I met Enikazie and xWhirlz who recognized me from the forums, and took me under their wing. I started becoming more recognized, and before I knew it I couldn't stop getting PM's. I met Weagle. <3 And a whole lot of other people.

Nuri's came out. I sucked at it, I quit.

MF came out. I sucked at it, I quit.

Guilds came out.

O
    M
    G
    (Yes that order is messed up)

I joined Legion, left, joined ARG <3, left, co-founded Influence </3, left, founded The Edge thanks to Apasara, unsucessful, left, joined ARG again, got kicked out.

Anyway, I've been through a lot of guilds. And through this process, I met Saool, Econodeath, Darkblades, and Siejo. They helped me level, bought me a Lilith set, and I took it for granted, which I do with most things. I joined my first tournament with Saool, who was my PVP idol at the time. I thought we would be unstoppable, then I met Ghost and Kanital. Yeah...

I didn't give up though, and I started gaining a lot of experience, and making a lot of people mad. And that felt good. I PVP'd so much that some of my best friends left me. (Apasara, Zom, countless others). But, I didn't care...I just couldn't stop. It was too addicting. I then became confident that I should join a PVP based guild. That never happened, obviously. (Who's a PVP'er without vanities).

I became mad, mainly at the fact that people with vanities had such an advantage over the others. I took that anger out on my family, and I became miserable. I stayed up late at night PVP'ing, I was tired at school, I couldn't focus, yawned constantly in class, even in the afternoon when I was far past awake. And it started to show. I was just plain miserable. I had nobody to turn to either.

School ended, I started to become closer to my family, my sister in particular which I am still very close to today, and I stopped playing PL for the longest time. Everything was "elite this" "elite that", and a player like me doesn't fit in that environment. Humania came out, even more elite crud that I couldn't afford. Elite dungeons, helmets, items, weapons, etc.

I started focusing on the forums again. AoA started up again, and I was accepted, which was the PM of my life. I created Trainingwings.

And it ends there. On a happy note, for me at least. I'm done with my main. I can't handle 7k+ per level off daily pots alone. I'm sorry, but tiki demons are not that fun to kill.

Most importantly, I want to say thank you to the countless people making this journey possible. In no particular order:

Zom, Notso, Eni, General, Attackelf (during those tough shadow runs ), Parth (I enjoyed our Cali talks ), Apasara (No, I haven't forgotten you), Blindrogue, Arenagod, Rebel, Ladylove, Weagle <3, Cowboyjim, Kingatdeath, Ghost, Kanital, the mage who taught me my combo (it was breif, I don't remember your name ), Iswoosh, Strklownin, Icelinger, WTB (which I still think stands for Want To Be ) If I think back any further my brain will pop...

If I didn't mention you, I haven't forgotten

Now I need to focus. On my family, school, and my art. I've always been a decent artist, and I plan to pursue my dream. In fact I'm starting an art piece right after this post. My dog is licking my ankles and it really tickles. Random...

Cheers

Moth out.

P.S. I will still lurk around forums, and visit my AoA, if they let me keep it.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 09-06-2012 at 10:06 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Hey man. I know we've had our disputes. Didn't favor you at one point or another. But I'm glad we Were adult enough to look past it. It's been a good time being your despite our constant arguing. I look to seeing you back sometime. Those who leave, never stray far from the tracks. take it easy in the real man.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WarTornBird For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post
    Hey man. I know we've had our disputes. Didn't favor you at one point or another. But I'm glad we Were adult enough to look past it. It's been a good time being your despite our constant arguing. I look to seeing you back sometime. Those who leave, never stray far from the tracks. take it easy in the real man.
    NUUU! I forgot you I'll miss you bud. Yeah, we didn't get along at first, but you turned out to be a great dude. Wish I could've played with you more We'll meet up in-game sometime, ok?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Wow Nice story! Sorry to hear you leaving though :-(
    Keep On Rocking Moth!! Good Luck playing RL lolololol *Big man Hug*
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitchturbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

aw there goes my favorite moth...
    I'll miss you buddy. Please do try, and stop by to say hi to us. And thanks for saying it was I who made you want to PvP lol. We've got plenty of room to learn it has always been fun. I'll miss you greatly. Sigh...you can haz cheez burger nao... But only if you stop by sober than later. Much love my friend. <3

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to saool For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

You go school, do work, come back, make happy me ^_^

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    Wow Nice story! Sorry to hear you leaving though :-(
    Keep On Rocking Moth!! Good Luck playing RL lolololol *Big man Hug*
    I'll miss you bro I had fun talking about sigs with you keep on wearing that yellow jetpack and awesome hood that you won't sell to me. <3

Quote Originally Posted by saool View Post
    aw there goes my favorite moth...
    I'll miss you buddy. Please do try, and stop by to say hi to us. And thanks for saying it was I who made you want to PvP lol. We've got plenty of room to learn it has always been fun. I'll miss you greatly. Sigh...you can haz cheez burger nao... But only if you stop by sober than later. Much love my friend. <3
    Miss you too I WILL say hola some time. I'm not gone forever. I'll come back next summer most likely. And on my breaks We can hang out then Thanks for inspiring me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    You go school, do work, come back, make happy me ^_^
    Will do my friend. Thanks for talking to me that one time, which you most likely don't remember, but it helped

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Mothwing,
    Your story may help another in their game journey whomstruggle with rl balance. Keep thise dreams alive your art is your amazing gift, cultivate that gift with the same zest as you have in game and i am sure sucess will be yours. I hope to see your name light up in my friends lst again as you stop in to say hello to old friends, take care of you and enjoy life and what it brings.

Be blessed Moth i am sad to see you go, but happy that you are looking at your future.
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LADYHADASSA For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Ouch, i feel left out im kidding haha but sad to see you go mate. Good luck on that reality called life. Havent grasped it yet im still half in alterra
    EDIT: oh yeah dude. Gonna miss those endlessly long no meaning trolling posts/paragraphs we made that one day and thought i made tou mad then all of a sudden you were like nah im not.. i knew the while time amd im like phew dodged a bulllet gonna miss that buddy

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.
    Last edited by razerfingers; 09-06-2012 at 11:05 PM.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Will do my friend. Thanks for talking to me that one time, which you most likely don't remember, but it helped
    I remember all pep talks, glad i could help out.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LADYHADASSA View Post
    Mothwing,
    Your story may help another in their game journey whomstruggle with rl balance. Keep thise dreams alive your art is your amazing gift, cultivate that gift with the same zest as you have in game and i am sure sucess will be yours. I hope to see your name light up in my friends lst again as you stop in to say hello to old friends, take care of you and enjoy life and what it brings.

Be blessed Moth i am sad to see you go, but happy that you are looking at your future.
    Thanks for the kind words I'll be sure to use them as motivation. Make sure to add me I'll chat with you some time when I visit.

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Ouch, i feel left out im kidding haha but sad to see you go mate. Good luck on that reality called life. Havent grasped it yet im still half in alterra
    EDIT: oh yeah dude. Gonna miss those endlessly long no meaning trolling posts/paragraphs we made that one day and thought i made tou mad then all of a sudden you were like nah im not.. i knew the while time amd im like phew dodged a bulllet gonna miss that buddy

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.
    Hahaha I remember those I'll be sure to troll you more when I get back I kid, I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    I remember all pep talks, glad i could help out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Oh and, sorry guys, I ran out of thanks...

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Oh and, sorry guys, I ran out of thanks...
    me too...

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Moth!

That made me sad!

I'm going to miss our Cali talks. :/

Remember, if you ever need my help with school or something, I'm only a PM or a text away.

Best of luck in school, its been awesome to see you grow and mature.

Now go use that big forum wee wee of yours and utilize that in real life. (Not literally! Well, I wouldn't blame you if ya did.)
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Moth!

That made me sad!

I'm going to miss our Cali talks. :/

Remember, if you ever need my help with school or something, I'm only a PM or a text away.

Best of luck in school, its been awesome to see you grow and mature.

Now go use that big forum wee wee of yours and utilize that in real life. (Not literally! Well, I wouldn't blame you if ya did.)

Haha Thanks Parth, I'll keep in touch. Kick some butt in PVP for me would you?

*clicks imaginary unlimited thanks button*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Y'all are gonna make me cry

i guess it's safe to say ill be on forums still. I still have to use my computer for homework now don't I? I can't help but type in that URL when I'm done

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Never got to know you, too bad.
    But now I do, I wish you all the best in future.
    Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Thanks for the kind words

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Cya MOTH! Idk if you remember me but I was xbchardmond, a lvl 35 iceberg bear! We were friends but I quit after lvling xbc to 35, deleted it and made a new char D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default My Time Has Come

Mawthy! Ur a cool guy...GL irl
    Credits to Iady