Thread: Prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Question Prices

Could anyone inform me why prices have risen expeditiously even with the rahab nerf?

I don't remember inflation being this bad with having e-sunk for the whole year and that was a 24/7 map

Blizz is 500m? In a month..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Harder to earn gold that it used to be, also i think people realized how rich each other were. Players really take advantage of hype too.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

The Forgotten Vanity event is coming, prices will drop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fahtsssss View Post
    Could anyone inform me why prices have risen expeditiously even with the rahab nerf?

I don't remember inflation being this bad with having e-sunk for the whole year and that was a 24/7 map

There is a clear reason for it , almost everyone has gold loot sets and gold loot sets are very cheap . Before winter only a very small amount of people had access to good gold loot gear, now the situation is completely different.

Hence the inflation !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Devs took way too long to nerf gold inflow and rahab is still broken for making gold

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

do you really think prices are going to automatically drop?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worldwide309 View Post
    do you really think prices are going to automatically drop?
    Great way to answer a question with a question,

anyways thanks everyone else for their insightful responses! ^^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Next week the prices are down don’t worry

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

That's not the way supply vs demand works in any economy, Less gold (money) =/= cheaper items.

What it really means is that you, not you personally, will have to work 2-3x harder to achieve said item.

I.e.
    I'm a big fan of exotic cars, Zonda being one of them. Would I like one? Yes. Can I afford it? No. Should they lower the price? No.

Why? Because its not their fault I can't afford it.

The ability to farm less gold does not lower the value of a rare item.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verbie View Post
    That's not the way supply vs demand works in any economy, Less gold (money) =/= cheaper items.

What it really means is that you, not you personally, will have to work 2-3x harder to achieve said item.

I.e.
    I'm a big fan of exotic cars, Zonda being one of them. Would I like one? Yes. Can I afford it? No. Should they lower the price? No.

Why? Because its not their fault I can't afford it.

The ability to farm less gold does not lower the value of a rare item.

While that is true, if no one pays that current price, the seller will have to either lower their price to meet the demand of the economy or stay with that price and risk never selling their item.

Arcane legends and real life economics will never work together because the way gold and money are earned are completely different, but its nice to try to have some base to relate and compare to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Inflation is everywhere. Real life inflation has made it impossible for me to indulge in my only luxury, buying platinum. I used to look forward to buying a bit of plat, especially when plat sales were on. Now I have to rely on special occasions, birthday etc. When friends and family buy me a Google play card.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

While that is true, if no one pays that current price, the seller will have to either lower their price to meet the demand of the economy or stay with that price and risk never selling their item.

Arcane legends and real life economics will never work together because the way gold and money are earned are completely different, but its nice to try to have some base to relate and compare to.
    I agree on your selling point if its a common item.

Also, sellers who have these super rare items are not desperate for gold since they needed lots of gold/ plat to get them.

A rich person will wait for the value to go up or just keep it.

But this idea in AL that high priced items will automatically drop prices since the gold flow is reduced is insane. All it does is make it harder and force players to buy plat if they want the best gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verbie View Post
    I agree on your selling point if its a common item.

Also, sellers who have these super rare items are not desperate for gold since they needed lots of gold/ plat to get them.

A rich person will wait for the value to go up or just keep it.

But this idea in AL that high priced items will automatically drop prices since the gold flow is reduced is insane. All it does is make it harder and force players to buy plat if they want the best gear.

Yea super rare lb items will always get higher, tree set jumped from 1b to 2b in a week.. but items like blizz or vampyre aura going from 200m to 500m and 80m to 200m is just something I've never seen before even with the "broken" esunk gold rates. It seems like sts doesn't really have a clue what to do with their game because they nerfed one thing that was deemed to be broken just to buff another thing and actually break their game. Oh well.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Yea super rare lb items will always get higher, tree set jumped from 1b to 2b in a week.. but items like blizz or vampyre aura going from 200m to 500m and 80m to 200m is just something I've never seen before even with the "broken" esunk gold rates. It seems like sts doesn't really have a clue what to do with their game because they nerfed one thing that was deemed to be broken just to buff another thing and actually break their game. Oh well.
    That’s why I’ve been saying to ADD AWAKENING EVENT EARLY!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Make new gold sinks...not just awaken event...I'm sure they can think of some..not just 1 new gold sink...this game needs many..maybe that will help? Idk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naaabmage View Post
    Make new gold sinks...not just awaken event...I'm sure they can think of some..not just 1 new gold sink...this game needs many..maybe that will help? Idk
    Yea many gold sinks will help, but the event needs to have good rewards as well. I think bound rewards that look good so people can't later on sell those rewards and it becomes a cycle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

once people start noticing less and less of an item in the game the price spikes no matter the economy. Blizz is definitely on that list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    once people start noticing less and less of an item in the game the price spikes no matter the economy. Blizz is definitely on that list.
    yes but blizz isn't decreasing in amount lol, its being passed around in the economy. blizz is def one of the most common auras i see in the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

yes but blizz isn't decreasing in amount lol, its being passed around in the economy. blizz is def one of the most common auras i see in the game
    I see them everytime I log on as well but not nearly the amount of them I use to. If you have an active blizz count please post. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

The reasons why the arc gear and other stuff are still that expensive are first because they don’t supply the game with enough of them to make it price go down and second because of the amount of gold stucked in the game due to the long period of op esunk and op rahab.
    Now even if the gold incoming flow is reduced a little, the amount of gold in game is really high and the items to play are still rare so people try to put the items they sell at the high prices you see now.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk