Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestions regarding Furniture (UI, Items, and solutions for the housing slots)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Default Suggestions regarding Furniture (UI, Items, and solutions for the housing slots)

I know housing is low priority but here are some ideas I've had (some of which I've discussed with other house enthusiasts and they agree with).

UI/QOL

- Rotating furniture 90 degrees. You don't need to add any extra UI, you can use the existing UI to achieve this. Using the "Yaw" in the image below, you can hold down the button and it will continuously rotate your furniture by 90° clockwise until you release your finger.

- Multi-selection. You could add a check mark in this menu:

When toggled on this will allow you to select multiple items. These items basically become a group that you can move all at once. As far as rotation goes items in the group won't rotate on their individual axis, but rather from the groups center.

HOUSE SLOT CRISIS

- More flooring. Currently we have dancefloor, rugs, and I guess pool (if you're creative with it). If you look around you'll notice people use walls (whether volcanium, ice, normal, or arcanite) to replicate some type of flooring.. While this is creative use of these items it takes up a lot of house slots (for example my restaurant uses up to 60 medium walls on flooring + bridges outside). Flooring could have similar dimensions as tavern rug. It could be gravel, soil, wooden planks, water, heck even lava. The texture could be seamless so you can put it side by side.

- You know how we can craft a tray of mugs by combining a serving tray and mugs? More of that. The possibilities are limitless. Stack of plates, stack of books, longer walls, longer rugs, table sets, bigger more spread out piles of gold etc. You get the picture. This would save house slots used to replicate these effects.

- Building on my previous point. Introducing more furniture that is a complete set. Obviously I'm not asking for a whole kitchen and living room, this would kill the creativity that goes into this, what I'm suggesting is on a smaller scale. Take lodge pitcher for example, if lodge pitcher wasn't just the pitcher, but instead came ontop of a tray + with 4 glasses, right there you just saved five extra house slots. You could have furniture as a set and also as the individual items that make up that set. Like what you did with dogpile and sandwich platter for burger baron. More of that would be great.

FURNITURE AND ENVIRONMENTS

- Leaderboard furniture. I'd like to look at LB from home.

- Portal furniture. It would do nothing, just something that looks like a portal

- Island environment. Either Aegir island (the one from alvidas quest) or the island we usually have fishing event on (I forgot what it was called I'm sorry I'm tired right now ).

- Shuyal environment (specifically the area around astral tower). Have our house on a big floating rock, surrounded by other big floating rocks in purple space.

OTHER

- A second floor. You know how we use the house doors teleporter to teleport us outside/inside? How about a furniture item that we can use to teleport us upwards? I've seen loads of houses with upper floors and I think this would be really great for them. (And if this is possible, stairs would be nice).

I don't know the feasibility of some of these suggestions but would be nice to have some of them considered. Ty for reading.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

The rotating thing to 180 degress or 90 it would be a great addition. Im having some trouble with this. I would also like to copy and paste the position of a painting for example and paste it for another painting to set it up exactly the same.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

i wish we could have a second floor so bad. it would be so cool. just make a new house deed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    The rotating thing to 180 degress or 90 it would be a great addition. Im having some trouble with this. I would also like to copy and paste the position of a painting for example and paste it for another painting to set it up exactly the same.
    Oooh I know exactly what you mean (cant believe I forgot to add that). That would be really useful, would save a lot of time when redecorating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    198 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worldwide309 View Post
    i wish we could have a second floor so bad. it would be so cool. just make a new house deed
    Thats definitely one way to go about it. Would need to be the same type of deed since I imagine the mismatching would look weird . Would also make deeds more desired

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,473 Posts

Added this thread to the list.

-ALS

9. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post: