Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite quest is dumb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Just be happy they didnt charge plat per run

-------AEO-------

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER:776389
    Just be happy they didnt charge plat per run
    That would be insane O.o

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I used thrasher elixir on my main and it has 72k kills lol and my alt has about 20k again with elixir...so it depends on whether or not you actually try killing instead of leeching.

As for the OP you are completely right. I gave up after my 15th run when I only got 2 freaking whatever the hell they are. I honestly haven't played PL since Friday because apparently there trying to make everything Elite...but they want you to work for it AGAIN...like getting 100k exp wasn't enough to be considered elite. But whatever when new cap comes people will probably forget about this new elite map, and start doing it again (if it remains intact) when they're able to solo it. Like I did with cyber quest.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    I wasn't really getting worked up...it looked that way because my posts were long and people were sort of making me look like I was beating on a dead horse, etc. The issue itself on the Elite items I was willing to shutup already and just wait for Techno Email's response, in that regard, I was very constructive when it came to the elite item stuff I could have taken in any explanation and moved on. But the drama, flamez, bashing was being caused by the exchanges between me and the other forumers that has got nothing to do with what I was trying to point out. It was a show between me vs everyone. Nobody except a few were willing to trade constructive opinions about the elite items, they prefer flamefests. I'm just clarifying. For the record, I was actually enjoying the exchanges to a certain extent because some of their posts were really funny...in fact, people thought I was trolling them because aside from my original post, most of my posts were filled with sarcasms innuendos, etc. and that's just because I was being flamed. But I admit, I could have been more productive doing other things during that time, I literally wasted hours exchanging wits with people. In that regard, being a semi old player myself, I was already in that "bored" zone, which explains why I had so much time foruming then...so I decided to take that opportunity to play another game called Final Fantasy 13-2 (it was a decent game, but little disappointed in story). So after finishing FF13-2, I resumed playing PL with a whole new perspective, and by this time, people forgot about the elite item issue so I moved on and started fresh :P I waited 'till the issue died before coming in again...because I did make quite a fuss during that time and I had lots of haters then.

So the point is, I wasn't worked up at all, I was a cool cat if you looked back in my posts to the point that I got one old player threaten to hack me in PM and I showed everyone his private message (that was hilarious)... but I was bored of the game at the time already so I put it down a little bit and searched for excitement in the forum section to no avail, so then I decided to pick up a new game, and it worked. That was the point I was trying to make, you don't have to put up with it...you can create new interests and make things pass if you don't like what you're seeing, maybe this one is bad now...if you come back after experiencing another game while on a break maybe it's a lot better...don't put all the eggs in one basket so you don't get stressed should things don't go your way, that was the gist of what I was trying say. It was an advice btw, wasn't meant to be offensive or anything, if you think I was wrong, I'm cool with it :P

I say people are getting worked up because I could sense the emotional stress from them when they say this is chore...like it's big "sigh"... or when they say they'll skip it 'til next level cap...it's almost like I can hear someone say the "f*** this Sh**" expression, nobody passes on a content unless they're not happy with it, do you not use emotions when you're not happy with a game?...so it's being worked up in a frustrating sort of way not the raging way that we're all accustomed to...being angry isn't the only emotional criteria for being worked up, being suddenly frustrated or stressed qualifies as well. For sake of clarifying, I'll simply change my wording to people being "stressed", that's what I meant anyway if you take it in context.

Anyway, I really don't have any intention of arguing with anyone (no point, I just had sudden urge of typing words just now that's why I came up with this long post again)...I gave an advice, if you think I'm wrong, cool :P All in all, I think the content are just alright, and STS should not change/nerf it, but they can use the feedback to improve on future content.
    We'll see you get worked u when I make guild named <The Killer Elite>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

vamp - I'm with you on this one (that's been happening a lot lately - weird).

No one is forcing you to complete this quest. It's an Elite Grind!

There will be those who will complete it, those that won't and those who will probably circle back after the next cap to complete it.

All STS is trying to do is give us some variety. You don't have to finish every quest and get every item.

A lot of us didn't finish the Snowball or Cyber quests at the appropriate level. Those that did had terrific items for the level (well, the black ice weren't that terrific) and anyone who knew what the cyber or black ice items were, knew that the time was put in. Same will go for this.

I will probably make a few dozen runs when I am bored of farming Humania, but that's why these quests work for me. I don't have the patience to endlessly farm the same map for hours or days at a time.

There is a lot of content and when you get bored with one map, or quest, do something else. If you get that bored of PL, play a different game or just take a break for a few days.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Anyone know if you will be able to sell/trade these elite weapons? If so, then that is the answer for those of you who don't want to do the quest. Just buy one. And for those of us who wanted a good challenge, we can do the quest. I really do like the idea of this quest and I like how hard it is. I want an elite weapon that is really elite, meaning rare.

I'm tired of looking around and seeing every other player have the same end game gear as me. I was so annoyed when they added the ocean blue diamond quest, and what happened was exactly what I figured would happen. The crafted Lvl 70 sets have become so common. Even the elite weapons from mystery mash are common now. I had hoped they would be rare like demonic sets. Perhaps these elite weapons and the new black dragon armor & helm will stay "elite" and STS will not give in to the whiners.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do the quest. There are plenty of other things to do in this game. If you don't like it, then don't do it.

At least I know that if I put in the time I will get the weapon, 100% chance. I don't have to waste countless weeks farming for this rare drop that I will likely never get (i.e. dragon).
    Last edited by Energizeric; 09-10-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

So, is there an answer to whether this quest will be gone in a week or two when the new content comes out or if we will have longer? A couple thousand kills at leisure is different then a couple thousand kills in a week.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

You might be able to farm elites easy with shamrock thrashers but SOME people cant afford to run elixirs on farming runs. The quest gives a nice, guaanteed way to get an Elite for FREE.
    Last edited by Twinklaser; 09-10-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

*Abandon quest*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Also I'll probably at this point just wait till next cap so I can double up xp and ichors
    Exactly

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #71
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Hi folks!

The Dragonet has a random chance to drop ichor, and a random chance to drop loot along the way. I'd like to make sure that you are all aware that this quest WILL NOT be available after the level cap raise. The elite quest is VERY difficult, but a very dedicated player can complete it.

This quest may not be for everyone, which is why the boss also drops loot. The dropped loot is tradeable, so folks can farm and auction it off to their hearts delight. The pinks and dark pinks from Fire Forest are Limited Edition. The purple drops also have worthwhile stats.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Subscriber View Post
    *Abandon quest*
    This, too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    Hi folks!

The Dragonet has a random chance to drop ichor, and a random chance to drop loot along the way. I'd like to make sure that you are all aware that this quest WILL NOT be available after the level cap raise. The elite quest is VERY difficult, but a very dedicated player can complete it.

This quest may not be for everyone, which is why the boss also drops loot. The dropped loot is tradeable, so folks can farm and auction it off to their hearts delight. The pinks and dark pinks from Fire Forest are Limited Edition. The purple drops also have worthwhile stats.
    So the pinks are not just the level 71 versions of the new gear that is coming out that will go to 75? Can you give us an idea on the relative usefulness? Will ~these~ level 71's be worth it at 75?

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    correct not for me XD im lv 67 Oorah!

Now if leveling was like DL (hope AL is this way...and hope for SL!!!!)....im gunning it, and i would try it...guess being good at "1" sts game is better then being "noob" in others. good luck ppl.
    Last edited by octavos; 09-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

So if we Dont finish the quest before update we can't get elite later?
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

I love the new content and would be upset if they did it any other way. Just returning the favor from all the endgamers who said the f bows belong in low level. This new content is great! Way to go STS!

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #77
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    So the pinks are not just the level 71 versions of the new gear that is coming out that will go to 75? Can you give us an idea on the relative usefulness? Will ~these~ level 71's be worth it at 75?
    This dungeon is a preview. Stat's for the Black Dragon armor and helms is comparable to level 71 pinks in the new expansion. Black Dragon items are Limited Edition and tradeable. There is a good chance we'll do a Fallen Prince style turn in for these items after the expansion comes out (a quest to turn in your stat'd items for vanities). Black Dragon gear has better stat's than anything else in game, right now. Level 71s have early access to this tier of items. If you're not up for it, that's OK - getting an exclusive preview of the expansion content was intended to be a reward in and of itself!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

I'm up for it!! Ok so 25 ichor a day I'll be on my way! Or 10... Either way pace yourself and I think we can all get there, really.. Haha(:

Edit: Now that it's exclusive I might have to do this... O.o!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    vamp - I'm with you on this one (that's been happening a lot lately - weird).

No one is forcing you to complete this quest. It's an Elite Grind!
    This isn't a korean MMO so people don't expect to have to grind all day for content. Also this is a mobile MMO on android and iOS, it is designed for quick games every now and then, hence the instant travelling around, instant grouping etc. Not everybody wants to play for hours and hours.

That said looking through this thread its quite obvious, that people would be far happier if they just made the drop rate 100% and then increase the amount you need so its still a grind of some kind but you can see progress and when its going to finish, not just going alon g no idea if its going to take you 2 weeks or 2 years to do.

especially when its a limited time quest and won't be available once the level cap comes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Subscriber View Post
    I'm up for it!! Ok so 25 ichor a day I'll be on my way! Or 10... Either way pace yourself and I think we can all get there, really.. Haha(:

Edit: Now that it's exclusive I might have to do this... O.o!
    10 a day is 50 days ... so you will be at around 150 - 200 when the quest ends. Perhaps if we knew how long we had we would not have that fear.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm