Thread: 10 Suggestions that hopefully could enhance gameplay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default 10 Suggestions that hopefully could enhance gameplay

Hi all,

Here are a few proposals that I came up with after long hours of playing DL. They range from ergonomics to add-ons. I am sure one proposal on drop rates has been suggested before but am not sure any other idea has been proposed yet.

1- A longer "Sell for : " button in the liquidation confirmation window.

When deleting 150-200 items from the inventory, I use my two thumbs to press two buttons. The liquidation confirmation pop up window button is pressed with the left thumb. A longer button closer to the left part of the screen would be more useful.

2- A button enabling to "replay last mission" instead of "replay campaign"

From observing other players and my own habits, I think players rarely play a whole campaign again and again. If so, just pressing two buttons: "map" and the first mission should suffice.
    But a lot of players replay the same map over and over either for a rare vanity, pink drop or XP gain.
    Rather have a single button to press "replay last mission" at the end of each mission and not only on the last mission of a campaign.

3- Spawn from PvP located between Ester's Estates and the blood fountain.

For lots of various reasons possible a player entering a DM or CTF game and leaving ends up first on a PvE campaigns screen, second needs to press street, then third walk from Sanctuary level back to PvP arena.

Would it be possible to make a player who leaves any PvP arena to spawn in the street instead of a screen made for PvE?
    Some goals from the goals book made the player spawn next to the fountain. I understand this could clutter the entry of the arena and the fountain occupies half of the space.
    In the same time there is a big concentration of players in front of the Sanctuary coming from or sanctuary or PvP.

So or make players leaving PvP directly spawn between Ester's Estates and the blood fountain,

OR move the blood the blood fountain (mostly used by PvE players) close to Ester's Estates and make PvP players spawn close to the PvP arena entry. I guess this second solution would satisfy PvE players as well.

4- the "leave" button at the Score screen of CTF situated higher up or in the middle of the screen

Too often does it happen that a third flag has been brought back while fighting an opponent and pressing the fire button. The fire button and the leave button on the next screen are situated at the same level. It regularly happens that i leave the score screen without being able to see any stats or comments. Am sure I am not the only one to whom this happens often.

5- The skills buttons with a slightly larger diameter to be sure to press them (even on the largest skills size)

I know there are a lot oi things that have to be squeezed on that right part of the screen and it is a bit challenging.
    I often press the two top skills and nothing happens as I did not press them correctly and I would like to be able to use a skill without having to look if I pressed it correctly.
    I am sure 1 millimeter more or even maybe 0.5 millimeter more would be enough and avoid me having to go through a thumb reduction surgery.
    Just in case this is specific to my device, I use an HTC Desire HD running Android 2.3.5

6- Enable a different skill mapping within the loadout options.

The four different presets are great to easily switch gems more adapted for PvE to gems more adapted to PvP. Or even within PvP to quickly change gems more adapted to the situation or opponents you are facing.

Would it be possible to add a way to preset a different skill mapping as well?
    A simple click would enable to use different skills between PvE and PvP (under the condition that the chosen powers were selected of course)
    Mixing gems and skill mapping in presets can even specialize PvP more (imagining presets for defense, flag catching, 1v1, etc..)

7- An electrical barrier or a "Volta curtain" or anything similar at spawn areas in CTF to enable people out but not in.

There are often players never trying to get a flag, staying near side hearts spawns and trying their luck for some easy kills in the opponent spawn area while the players re-spawn. So just after having died once, a player is greeted by someone hitting on him while re-spawning and ends up dead or at least with half health.
    I must admit I try to avoid it but do the same if the opposing team does it.
    To avoid this situation which happens in 90% of the games, a barrier of some sort enabling players to spawn in peace by avoiding opponents to come in would be great.
    Of course this kind of barrier should also prevent the cube/flag to be hidden inside the spawn area out of reach.

8- A rare drop combined with an action in the street that temporarily accelerates energy regeneration.

I really liked the idea of one the features in the summer event which was to gather some solstice blossoms dropping in any missions and to throw them in fire to get a blessing and an energy regeneration boost for 15 mn.
    The speed boost given by equipping the fire star was great and totally understand it was a temporary thing.

But would it be possible to create permanent feature similar to the solstice blessing? As the temporary energy regeneration is really useful. and the fact of having to farm for an item to trigger it to. The feeling to earn the right to use it. Several possibilities spring up to mind like collecting silver bullets oor spikes from hunters, garlic in the forest, a vampire shrine or chapel, parts of chains to help secure a captive gargoyle leader etc...

9- A legendary drop which combined with a lower level weapon or gem would upgrade it to the current level of a player.

I guess a few stashes are full of gems, viper twins, elegant deaths, but also fire brands, immortalius, ecliptic gems, Kriegberg stones, Kriegberg Hammer etc... from to former level cap.

Would it be possible to have a rare drop of raw material which combined with these lower level items farmed or acquired with platinum would level them to the actual level cap? With the help of a blacksmith's or an enchanteress, or a witch doctor....

10- An increase of 0.1 or 0.2 % of the drop rate percentage on legendary relics and executions per player for each 25, 50 or 100 runs accomplished of a same mission

I remember having read a heated debate on the drop rate in the forums more or less two months ago. Without willing to add any oil on the fire, i would like to share a point of vue.
    I find it terribly frustrating to rely only on sheer luck to obtain an execution, a vanity, legendary or even relic drop. I believe games like in society should reward the ones who put the most effort into an action.
    Without mentioning the Eli Holden case, I remember having spent at 3.5-4 weeks (and a few sleepless nights) to stumble on Bishop and 2 weeks to find Agra-Ek.Or more recently 4 weeks to find a manic mask or two weeks. And this is not from a lack of time put into it with more than 400 k kills which is not a record but I find already too consistent.
    The feelings felt were more negative than positive as it is frustrating to do 350,500, 600 runs per day with this mind dumbing feeling of repetitiveness for nothing apart from maybe one or two vanities that sell for 399 in auction.The only positive feeling felt was not to be having a rare items in the inventory and be satisfied by the amount of effort and time put into having it but more that the frustrating runs of the same missions was over at last.

Now I totally understand that when the luck enhancer existed the market value of items crashed, but I now believe that the price of vanities or legendary or relics is by far overpriced
    I also do understand making those items rare does give a certain value to the item. But I find it totally unfair that some players have to go through all these negative feelings and 2000, 5000, or sometimes more and not see their efforts compensated. Which I would rate as normal for what is often described as a casual game. But on which I am still nicely hooked on.

I have no clue if the following is feasible or not as my only notions of programming were 150 lines of Basic on an Amstrad CPC 464, but i would like to propose that for any item or execution that has a lower drop rate than 2.1%, a slight increase of the drop rate of 0.x% would happen each time a player does a certain x amount of runs.
    i.e. A player would see his drop rate chances increased by 1% after 100 runs or 200 runs as it increased by 0.1% every 25 runs, etc..

This would make big time farmers having the feeling of doing an effort towards something like increasing the chances of the drop they are looking for. While in the same time leaving more irregular players the possibility to rely on luck.

Voila. I hope that among these ten suggestions there is more to keep than to reject. At least I hope these can push further some other ideas and hopefully twitch a little bit what is already a great game that I enjoy to play daily and would like to thank again the development team for all the recognizable efforts they put into it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Aha spooks ;-) i agree on that
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Wow spooks! These are outstanding points and I totally agree!

•Players can use the spawn killing tactic to clear the pathway of the carrier on the left or right side of the current CTF map, sometimes, even both to seal the capture. Like spooks said, a barrier of some sort to protect a spawning toon should be in place to take away this lousy tactic.

•The loadout feature is great but incorporating the skills on there as well will make it even better.(maybe we're just a bit fussy. lol)

•The melee icon may be a bit too big. I know there is an option to resize it but the 4 mapped skill shrinks as well. (iPhone) This being a tad smaller should make room for the skill icons to get the necessary adjustment in size. We tap more on skills than melee in PvP. I do not know if that's the case for PvE builds as well.

Cheers spooks! Amazing post!

'I've seen a baby cry, seconds later she laughs. The beauty of life.. The pain never lasts.' - J. Cole

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

+200

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

X999999 on this.
    It's about time....

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cool. That's already four persons who think those suggestions are going in the right direction.
    Thanks all and particularly Vidarr for going that bit deeper and suggesting a reduction of the melee button to increase the size of the skill buttons.

Would need a few more critics positive or negative or maybe more ideas developed around those suggestions.
    The more complete those suggestions above are, the more chances they may one day hopefully be implemented...or refused. :-)

Live and work at Singapore with wife. But literally born in the Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

thanks for the suggestions bro;-) I totally agree.
    1. selling abundant of items is a hassle,so imo,this truly helps.
    2. same,a replay of last mission lessen the hassle to go in and out.Rather than go to map and choose again mission.
    3.100% agree,going out from dm and ctf is one of the hassle, u need to walk it out again to the fountain to enter the arena unless u have friends inside the ctf. It greatly help to enter ASAP to the arena especially when u are disconnected.
    4.Always happens to me too. Going out of the arena because im still pressing attack button and exit button is located the same as where attack button is situated
    5.Agreed^^
    6. As we have discussed this,it would be great that not only vanity and equip can be put in loadout but rather skills also.I want to def,different load out of skills,i want attack,different skills. ^^
    7 For a fair game,like 1 second invulnerabilty for spawner to at least charge their skill.
    8-10. hope they do something about it but of course with extreme caution cause it might ruin the economy.
    Nice suggestions bro.Job well done^^
    PL= Trumkae-Enchantress / SL= Kharmel-Commando / Karmhel-Operative / DL=Kharmel / Ghostrike / Bloodyheaven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

1- Yes, possibly doing this as a multi select option would work better.

2- There is this new replay button after a Dungeon, but I don't think it is working as it should. Can I get any confirmations?

3- It think it would be nice to have, but I wouldn't mind if the devs took their time on this one. It is more a convenience thing.

4- Big Yes! More times than not I'm tapping the weapon super fast and the game ends right then! Pewf I'm in town without the chance to check my kills. By just placing the leave game button a bit more to the left would be good.

5- Seems fine for me. I just miss how I charging was easier before. Now, I have to make sure I pressed it after I'm stunned or something like that. It is tough to explain, but it didn't use to be like that.

6- Would be nice to have for those that would like to go the extra mile.

7- No, sorry. I like the idea of "All is fair in love and war." Spawning is a tactic and I see it fit. I spawn at times just by coincidence and it helps my team out. I too get spawned so it is not biased. People could also abuse this by staying inside the void for the entire match. I believe it is fine.

8- I believe the energy regent was for the Lunar Eclipse a while back and was not tied to any object. Solstice was a speed boost. I wouldn't mind items like such existing but that only work in PvE. PvP would become like the Stat bonus Vanities in PL

9- I agree with this one. An upgrade option should be available. It should be hard to achieve so not all plat items will be easily upgraded for each and every plat bought item. It would make STS lose income because people would stop buying the packs. We have to also see this from an STS employee point of view.

10- Would be nice. I'm not a farmer. I guess it would help out the less fortunate with luck. This one is, meh.

PvP Builds DL Tourney
    "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default awesome

This is probly everything i could think to fix/ add on to DL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Great post spooks
    1. I would like to see a lock item button for each item and then a clear all button after u locked all items u want to keep.

2. Agree with this completely, like u said all i ever do is replay maps not campaigns.

3. Also agree with this, i like the idea of spawning closer to the pvp entry by the fountain.

4. An emphatic agree with this one. Seems easy enough to just move the button to the left or up. Or in the middle of the screen.

5. Would be nice to be able to resize ur skills and attack buttons seperately.

6. Would really love to see this as i use different skills in pvp and pve. And sometimes different skills per map, especially with harg kieth. I was very disappointed when loadouts came out and it did not save skills.

7. I agree with having some sort of protection for just spawned ppl. Maybe a five second protection window or cant be killed until player moves. Just to be fair, sometimes it may seem ppl are spawn killing but they are in fact going for the speed boost and since u spawned, better to be safe and kill cos if u run by chances r the just spawned will chase u and kill from behind. Personally, i dont attack i run by, but i keep an eye on them and if they chase, i turn around and attack.

8. I also like this idea, maybe mobs drop 25% health boosts or maybe a 20sec speed boost. As a side note, when u start a map can we start with full health instead of the health lvl u left the last map? I suppose this would defeat the purpose of the blood fountain but it seems a waste of time to have to spawn in the street and run all the way to the blood fountain to regen ur health.

9. Like this idea, would add a new dimension to the game. Maybe add crafting gems we need to farm to upgrade weapons.

10. I also like this idea and i believe it was suggested for plat packs a while back. After every purchase ur chances increase to the point that after five or so packs ur guaranteed the item.

Hopefully we see a few if not all of these things updated.
    Monarchival - lvl 66 warbird
    Monvladimir - lvl 66 pally
    Oadraebehar - lvl 66 dexbear formerly Monarchivals secretary and equipment storage