Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: suggestion to samhayne

a cardboard box within a cardboard box inside vyxnaars cardboard box body (he's a pinata)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default suggestion to samhayne

Since samhayne closed the thread earlier called End it. Full stop by miraclebird, I thought I'd post what I was gonna say on that thread right here.

I suggest sts puts a tutorial in the forums and in pl on how to basically use the report system properly. Hell when Sam closed the miraclebirds thread, that's when I found out the little red triangle was the report button for the forums lol. In the forums there should be a how to for just about everything. If there's already one then maybe it should be placed somewhere more noticeable. In pl, maybe the tutorial in the beginning should go a little more in depth on how to "play" the game and how to use the features you have available to you.

These are just my thoughts. I've seen a lot of new players in forest haven who, even after going through the tutorial, have no idea what they're supposed to be doing or how to equip/unequip items and so on and so forth. Again just my thoughts
    Xettacross lvl 67 pally pandoom lvl 53 warrior Xalloren lvl 58 archer skeletongrin lvl 26 skeletonrage lvl 26... Too lazy to list em all xp

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xettacross For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

i normally dont say that but false section :P
    Last edited by ArtofWar; 09-10-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xettacross View Post
    Since samhayne closed the thread earlier called End it. Full stop by miraclebird, I thought I'd post what I was gonna say on that thread right here.

I suggest sts puts a tutorial in the forums and in pl on how to basically use the report system properly. Hell when Sam closed the miraclebirds thread, that's when I found out the little red triangle was the report button for the forums lol. In the forums there should be a how to for just about everything. If there's already one then maybe it should be placed somewhere more noticeable. In pl, maybe the tutorial in the beginning should go a little more in depth on how to "play" the game and how to use the features you have available to you.

These are just my thoughts. I've seen a lot of new players in forest haven who, even after going through the tutorial, have no idea what they're supposed to be doing or how to equip/unequip items and so on and so forth. Again just my thoughts
    I completely agree man. +1 I've been saying that the tutorial for PL is terrible compared to SL's tutorial for a while; yet nothing has been done about it. The forums are also hard to navigate if you've never used them before. I don't see how a non-forumer would easily get to guides as a regular forumer would.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Good idea
    But any of the forum members can make threads or guides on how to do report, equip items etc etc. If any Dev or mod finds it useful enough, they'll sticky the thread so it's seen by everyone
    You don't have to wait on the devs

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

a cardboard box within a cardboard box inside vyxnaars cardboard box body (he's a pinata)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    here's the thing though Sam. You can give someone the link on a thread but when someone new to the forums gets started, its difficult for them to navigate the forums like woundedeagle said earlier. I suggest putting the link in a more noticeable place. I don't even know where to find it lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

And one more thing I forgot to add. Some of these threads get buried underneath a mountain of other peoples threads. Maybe a sticky is needed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

here's the thing though Sam. You can give someone the link on a thread but when someone new to the forums gets started, its difficult for them to navigate the forums like woundedeagle said earlier. I suggest putting the link in a more noticeable place. I don't even know where to find it lol
    im new to the forums, at first i didnt know what to do it was confusing to me... im still learning what to do lol..
    Pinkdawn lvl 71, Roadofdeath lvl 62, Renaaa lvl 26. Not gonna name em all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

but i do agree on that.
    Pinkdawn lvl 71, Roadofdeath lvl 62, Renaaa lvl 26. Not gonna name em all