Thread: Disable the XP orbs via settings?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Default Disable the XP orbs via settings?

I know I've already asked this many times before, but could we get change to disable the XP orbs via settings?
    So it would be possible to get XP only from mobs but you wouldn't get any XP from orbs that you get from maps after L85.

It would be perfect setting after the [Disable XP Gain] option, because it shares basically the same idea.

I quickly edited the Example in Photoshop;

Name:  Disable XP-Orbs.png
Views: 338
Size:  413.7 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I'm asking this option because I've always been wondering why [disable XP-orbs] isn't an option in the first place - and it's just shame that I personally can't continue playing this game the way I want to play it.

I'm just hoping that some year I can finally get the peace in to my mind about this particular subject, that has been rounding in my mind for ~5 years.
    I'm not in rush in any way, so I can always wait more, but I just wish that I could get some kind of clear answer to this question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is a good idea, because sometimes you want to farm oktal but then you get orbs and if you level past a certain point, you won't get certain drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magelykidz View Post
    This is a good idea, because sometimes you want to farm oktal but then you get orbs and if you level past a certain point, you won't get certain drops.
    Yeah - I wish this can happen one day, and I don't even think that it would be that big of a deal to code a setting for disabling the XP orbs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

That is a very unusual request considering most desire more xp orbs to level up even faster.

I think if you want kills and to xp up very slowly you will have to accept the unique campaigns that actually help players level up quickly that also drop xp orbs. Kill very slowly and try to avoid picking them up.

It is a difficult ask just to disable the xp orbs alone considering, if you want to level you either want xp or none (to stop levelling up)

Not just no xp from orbs alone, which is a very different request.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I think if you want kills and to xp up very slowly you will have to accept the unique campaigns that actually help players level up quickly that also drop xp orbs. Kill very slowly and try to avoid picking them up.
    It really doesn't work that way - you can't just kill slowly when 1 level up is taking up to +50,000 mob kills in the end game - - and as a PvE Kill Farmer you want to get every possible mob kill, and every time when you get XP-orb accidentally you get frustrated because 1x XP-orb means the loss of hundreds or even thousands of mob kills - so you don't want to have even a single XP-orb in your journey to farm PvE kills.

And I already tried killing slowly back in 2021, but it really doesn't work because you never know which way the XP-orb is dropping. And I was abble to avoid only half of the XP-orbs. 500xp orb is already too much to influence negatively to your mob kills, and maximum orb is A LOT more than 500..

But all in all I'm pretty happy about my maximum Kills of 446,999 in L88 character - so I don't even mind if we don't get the setting to disable XP-Orbs. I started my Kill Farming Journey already back in 2014, and I've been ready to stop playing PL since 2021 after my Kill Farming Journey ended when I got L88 that was last level up in Overlord. But yeah, maybe one year we are going to have this setting, but until then I'm "retired".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

To farm kills I found that you get kills in the current campaign on your level and one campaign lower.

I just chose a Map that had lots of mobs that have no pull reset point and where easy to kill that you could gather together.

So really you don't need to retire from the game you just need to find a Map that has easy kills that awards you kills.

If you have a goal you achieve it with persistence and dedication. Don't let anything to prevent you from getting there or you are just giving up.

Good luck with what you choose to do to find enjoyment within the game. Don't allow anything from stopping you. Just know it is entirely your choice how you choose to view things. Try not to blame the game or others to prevent you from getting what you desire. It's all dependent on how you choose to view things.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller