Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Effective Dragonet Ichor farming on 2x elix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Cool Effective Dragonet Ichor farming on 2x elix

Hi all,

After starting farming for Ichor, I noticed that in PUG’s, even on elix, runs could take up to 3 minutes. The reason for this is that people run back and forth on the map to kill some stray enemies.

Please note that this was written with elix users in mind. Many people seem to be running on elix there, so it’s basically for those people that I decided to make this post.

The first part will be a (theoretical) time/cost analysis, while the second part will contain the strategy on how to clear effectively.

1. Time/cost analysis

Since Ichor isn’t dropping every run, this quest seems to take an eternity. It’s probably an underestimate to say that it would take at least 1000+ runs before you’ll get to the 500 needed Ichors. So basically, if you could shave off 1 min a run by playing effectively as a group, that would mean you’d save 1000+ minutes (or about 16-17hours!) total farming time.

Here’s an example of the difference between 2min and 3min in 1000 runs:

• Let’s say a clearing would take 3mins in a not so effective group:
      3 mins * 1000 runs= 3000 minutes or 50hours of gameplay (O.o).
      50 hours = 100 x 7plat 30min elix (if bought from guild hall, 8 plat if bought during the run), or 700plat in total

• By playing a bit more effective, you could do it in under 2mins:
      2 mins * 1000 runs= 2000 minutes or 33h20mins
      33h20m = 67 x 7plat, or 469 plat

So, farming more effectively won’t only save you many hours of farming (about 17hours), it will also save you a lot of plat (231 plat).

And these are the numbers for only 1000 runs. As it will probably take way more than 1000 runs, these differences become even (a lot) bigger.

2. Clearing strategy

First some basics:

• You’ll need a maximum of 5 enemies left before entering the boss room if you want the boss to spawn
    • When you reach the top of the open area, there are 13-14 enemies in the narrow part leading to the boss. So you’d need about a maximum number of 18 enemies left alive before entering that part (given that you’d kill everything in there).

The most effective way is to split up in 2 groups. 1 goes to the left, 1 goes to the right while running in a quarter/half a circle and meeting in the middle of the map. All while maintaining agro of course.

I tried meeting in the upper and lower parts of the map (so bears could actually use beckon/stomp), but that seems too far away for some enemies, so they’ll just run back. In the end you’ll have to chase some stay enemies if you don’t pull them to the middle.

Bears should be especially careful on how/when/if to use beckon/stomp, because they could mess up the entire pull with 1 beckon and/or stomp.

I recorded a video about it, to show you the basic strategy. It was just a recording of a random run, so it might not be the absolute best run possible, but it should give you an idea of the general strategy.

I ran with a mage, and took the left part to group up. If running with 2x elix on a staff mage, you’ll need to keep your magic shield until you meet in the middle. BOV should keep you alive for the grouping part. I basically use lightning and fire storm while running around to ensure agro from the surrounding enemies.

Once your group meets in the middle, it’s mass murder time

Then, all that’s left to do is move up and kill everything in your path until you get to the boss.

Once at the boss, just focus everything you have on the boss and ignore everything around him/her/it.

Below you’ll find the video…

If there are more effective clearing strategies, I’d be happy to hear them. I just wanted to share a strategy that I thought to be effective.

As always, leave your constructive feedback below and happy Ichor farming

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

As a bear I tried to group them in the middle of map on first part just using beckon and not stomping. The problem there is some other bear decides he needs to stomp and scatters every one away. For the rest of map I just pull towards wall and proceed to kill. I've had some good bears run around gathering them while me and a mage stayed in the middle (me pulling and slashing mage doing what mages do ) worked out alright
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Do you necessarily need to be on Thrashers on Shamrock when farming for dragonet ichor?

On a side note, not to find fault with you, but Copyright disclaimer(s) and acknowledgement MUST always be added for Content that is not yours and is used in video(s)(in this case its the music used).

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

@hunter (somehow the app doesn't allow me to quote you O.o)

We were using 2x elix, not trashers. But no, you can definitely kill him without elix too. I don't know if you could survive a big pull without any elix though, I haven't tested that yet.

As for the copyright on the music, the music is free to use without mentioning artist and or song info. It's in the YouTube EULA, it's music that comes from the YouTube video editor

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    @hunter (somehow the app doesn't allow me to quote you O.o)

We were using 2x elix, not trashers. But no, you can definitely kill him without elix too. I don't know if you could survive a big pull without any elix though, I haven't tested that yet.

As for the copyright on the music, the music is free to use without mentioning artist and or song info. It's in the YouTube EULA, it's music that comes from the YouTube video editor
    Thanks for the tip and i'm glad its not copyrighted music Lol. :P

Stay Awesome bro

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterSLAYER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

This is the fastest way I've run across yet. Didn't need a bear to pull it off either, just hold agro and pull!
    Thx yo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

@hunter

Haha, thx (Still can't quote you on tapatalk app O.o)

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    This is the fastest way I've run across yet. Didn't need a bear to pull it off either, just hold agro and pull!
    Thx yo
    I hope this is no sign of things to come though. Open spaces don't allow for a lot of grouping of enemies, making bears pretty useless.

An open space shouldn't be bigger than like it is in stronghold (sewers), that way a bear can pull enemies towards either side of the open space without them resetting back.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You all should play with my bear to see how the MASSIVE PULL COMING, works.
    Uglybearlolz

PL-ItsNiNNY-76 PL-Uglybearlolz-76
    AL-NiNNY-21 Rogue
    AL-NiN-21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

@hunter

Haha, thx (Still can't quote you on tapatalk app O.o)

I hope this is no sign of things to come though. Open spaces don't allow for a lot of grouping of enemies, making bears pretty useless.

An open space shouldn't be bigger than like it is in stronghold (sewers), that way a bear can pull enemies towards either side of the open space without them resetting back.
    Deathpunch and a few other peeps had a problem with quoting me(you're not the only one).

I need to get my usetname changed....... :P

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Bravo. This level of strategy and team work to maximize efficiency and effectiveness is what makes MMOs fun.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!!!! thats alot of plat and time. Ive done about 50 runs with 30 ichors, Ive heard people talk about destroying the monolilth before killing dragonet? Have you tried this for better drops in ichors, or is it people trolling and be weird either way if you wanna be elite you gotta play like a elite legend. Thanks for that vid and lay down now time to buy plat and farm, farm, farm, and more farming maybe I can get dragonet armor before its gone hint hint sts lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Yes, what I usually tend to do is take effective use of my Dodge and use 12M skills, walking in a straight line and then curving around to aggro all enemies into my party.
    When I come back, there will be my birds waiting to snipe, and I'll have all aggro on me, possible switch of aggro to birds, but not too much before the enemies are killed.
    This map sort of reminds me of Stronghold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Hi, I just wanted to say what a great post!! I'm a bear so I always try to pull forward, or in the direction of the run. This pulls the enemies away from the group, mainly the archers n mages, and sets up my stomp. Usually, and this happens a lot, the archers n mages will have pretty much killed em, if not I stomp. Your route is pretty well thought of n nice. If I was to run it, id agro my half, and pull towards the wall in a diagonal forward direction. Once we hit the corridor, pull forward n combos the rest of the way. Happy hunting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

@hunter

Get that name chance

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    Bravo. This level of strategy and team work to maximize efficiency and effectiveness is what makes MMOs fun.
    yeah, it was indeed a lot of fun figuring out a good way to quickly clear everything. You should have been there

Quote Originally Posted by zaoetet View Post
    All I can say is wow!!!!!!!!!!!! thats alot of plat and time. Ive done about 50 runs with 30 ichors, Ive heard people talk about destroying the monolilth before killing dragonet? Have you tried this for better drops in ichors, or is it people trolling and be weird either way if you wanna be elite you gotta play like a elite legend. Thanks for that vid and lay down now time to buy plat and farm, farm, farm, and more farming maybe I can get dragonet armor before its gone hint hint sts lol
    IMO, the only difference in destroying the Monolith is that it will cost you more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    .This map sort of reminds me of Stronghold.
    Only, the 'circle' in stronghold was just a bit smaller, and the perfect size to group enemies against a border/wall. This is what I was saying in my previous comment, if they just had made that area a bit smaller, or let enemies follow you for longer, it would be a truly much more fun map IMO. Like you said, it would be very much like stronghold then.

Quote Originally Posted by killinclaw View Post
    If I was to run it, id agro my half, and pull towards the wall in a diagonal forward direction. Once we hit the corridor, pull forward n combos the rest of the way. Happy hunting!
    When I tried this, too many ran back before they got killed. Mostly the ones pulled from the left side, in the beginning. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

@hunter

Get that name chance

yeah, it was indeed a lot of fun figuring out a good way to quickly clear everything. You should have been there

IMO, the only difference in destroying the Monolith is that it will cost you more time.

Only, the 'circle' in stronghold was just a bit smaller, and the perfect size to group enemies against a border/wall. This is what I was saying in my previous comment, if they just had made that area a bit smaller, or let enemies follow you for longer, it would be a truly much more fun map IMO. Like you said, it would be very much like stronghold then.

When I tried this, too many ran back before they got killed. Mostly the ones pulled from the left side, in the beginning. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying
    Done earlier today thanks to Sam ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSLAYER View Post
    Done earlier today thanks to Sam ^_^

Yay! It works

U rok, thanks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

If I knew I was gonna be recorded, I would have combed my hair. Lol
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ZHEOTARE For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE View Post
    If I knew I was gonna be recorded, I would have combed my hair. Lol
    Lol!

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Default Leading the Dragonet away from the lava pool

One aspect that I would like to add to the discussion is how to efficiently get the Dragonet to a position where:

1. It can't move so you don't have to chase it all the time
    2. It's as far away from the lava pool as possible so that the team doesn't get damaged by it
    3. It's far away from the cave entrance so that there is no danger that its health resets.

I am sure that you have figured this out by now but I still see a lot of lava baths in Ichor runs so I think it's useful to show how it can be done.

The idea is that the Dragonet moves backwards in the direction that his main opponent (= team member with aggro) faces. The rest is simple as shown in the video:

P.S. near the end of the clip we have a guest star appearance LOL!
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 10-15-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Thanks for some very useful tips. I'm a bear, and always looking for ways to maximize my runs. I'm going to try some of these later on tonight. Kudos!

- BOOTYSTOMPER

"Oh no ... he's gonna be mean to me!!"