Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My opinion on Elixirs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default My opinion on Elixirs

I understand xp elixs...I like to level up fast too. Yes I'm guilty of thrashing every now and then. When I started PL, there was no such thing. All a player had to rely on was ability and gear. Nowadays it's all about the elixirs. This has got to stop. I know that STS didn't intend for this to take over. They are making a killing because off the elixir addiction, but I believe that STS and PL as a whole, have gotten away from what they set out to do. The game no longer requires skill, all it takes is a credit card. I was just in shadow caves and a L71 bird with Walker set and thrasher elixir walked in a room by himself, and got dropped immediately. I went into the same room (L71 bear,angel str set and founders helm) and cleared it myself and maybe used 5 health pots total. That is sad. Elixirs<skill, is the way is should be. Bring back the good ol' days!
    Last edited by Justg; 09-13-2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Less drama

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Superduper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I knew I'd agree with the post just by reading the title. Also, people complain about drop rates and item prices so much, when elixirs are the main reason behind it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Will never happen cuz then sts profit go down
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I agree i remember no elixers i remember having gold elixers to grind to 51 and that was fast exp. i too use the thrashers, but i often choose not too as well, just for the challange of the game. I have seen in this new elite map, potted peeps gathering all the mob and killing players because they can while down talking the non elixered players. I do love the mute feature and use it often lol.. But this type of game play destroys game fun. I too miss the original style of pl, when players worked as teams, when bears tanked, pallys did suiside missions to save the team. The laughter that would occure after 2-4 team deaths as we learned about a new boss. I remember the first time is saw gurgox and the overloard.... First thought what the heck is that as my charecter died in a sudden electric charge.

The first elite map was destroyed by elixers, no one wanted a non potted team to figure out how to kill that boss without elixers, well the first couple maps diebomber was doing a great job at knowing how to run without elixer. Bottom line instant gratification has been the result of elixers. Anyone play WOW? Have you seen those bosses and how much team work is needed and time to kill them? I use this ref for those that do not rememebr or know what it was like to run the lvl 50 maps without pots.

I do like elixers, just wow at the way it has made the game play in pl. the challange behind a game is to enjoy the process not rush so
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEOKILLO View Post
    Will never happen cuz then sts profit go down
    I think their product should be more important than their revenue, just my opinion though. Some companies operate differently than others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I think their product should be more important than their revenue, just my opinion though. Some companies operate differently than others.
    Amen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

@Lady I too remember the first time I faced Gurgox and Overlord. And the 100th time trying to find efficient ways to kill them. The game was much more fun. Yes we had runs down to a science, but it required strategy, skill, how to tank, how to be an enchantress, how to dex. Now it's just run run run with our elixs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

I thrash on double exp weekends to get higher level characters quickly. After im leveled, I go to PvP, never to be seen again in PvE. I do not disrupt anyone because I host my own games and have another help me level. Why should I, a PvPer, have my easy access to higher level toons cut off? I dont bother anyone and I help keep STS in business, problem?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yich For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    I thrash on double exp weekends to get higher level characters quickly. After im leveled, I go to PvP, never to be seen again in PvE. I do not disrupt anyone because I host my own games and have another help me level. Why should I, a PvPer, have my easy access to higher level toons cut off? I dont bother anyone and I help keep STS in business, problem?
    Yes problem. Work for it. Don't pay for it. Your access to high level toons can be easily granted through a dose of work. I never thrash and I've made dozens of pvp characters in the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Yes problem. Work for it. Don't pay for it. Your access to high level toons can be easily granted through a dose of work. I never thrash and I've made dozens of pvp characters in the past.
    "work for it"? Keeping in mind PL is a game, Id like to enjoy getting higher leveled toons. Maybe you guys enjoy killing mobs and bosses, but thats not my thing. So I pay a little money to get around the minor detail of PvE, what's it to you? For my 71 I didnt even go to humania, which may aggrevate some but that means I wasnt booting people for "thrasher only". No ones forcing thrashers down anyones throats so I dont see the problem involved in finding a decent party in a town and going to a map for runs. So maybe others dont want to do pve, just keep in mind the people that made this possible are the same ones who made everything else in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    I understand xp elixs...I like to level up fast too. Yes I'm guilty of thrashing every now and then. When I started PL, there was no such thing. All a player had to rely on was ability and gear. Nowadays it's all about the elixirs. This has got to stop. I know that STS didn't intend for this to take over. They are making a killing because off the elixir addiction, but I believe that STS and PL as a whole, have gotten away from what they set out to do. The game no longer requires skill, all it takes is a credit card. I was just in shadow caves and a L71 bird with Walker set and thrasher elixir walked in a room by himself, and got dropped immediately. I went into the same room (L71 bear,angel str set and founders helm) and cleared it myself and maybe used 5 health pots total. That is sad. Elixirs<skill, is the way is should be. Bring back the good ol' days!
    Now, I haven't played PL for only a year or so, but I know what you're talking about.
    My step-dad playes this... He sucks :P... But he's got a credit card, so he can get plat.
    Even though I don't have elixirs, but I have the skill and the time logged in to PL, he can still best me in PvE.
    -Cajunfusion: lvl 76 Archer
    -Bluenwild: lvl 73 Vixen
    -Xbluenwildx: lvl 70 Enchantress
    -Wildnblue: lvl 32 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

I only pvp, and don't have time to grind. I don't see the big deal. You don't have use them.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Instant Gratification usually = long term dissatisfaction.

I will celebrate my 2-year PL anniversary in 5 days. Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed this game in many ways. It was my first MMO and I still find ways to enjoy the game.

I have always been a PUG player. So I also have another perspective about elixirs.

Besides the lack of skill you all comment about, it also brings about a much less open game.

I understand the reason for thrashing, and I understand why thrashers boot. Because I do not use, it has become hard to join many games. During the double XP weekend, I would guess I got booted from 30 games. I am now to a point where if I see there is more than 1 thrasher in a party I just bolt to save them the trouble.

This to me, degrades the product. If there are no openings for a player to join at the end game maps, is it truly multi-player?
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YYZ????:779064
    I am now to a point where if I see there is more than 1 thrasher in a party I just bolt to save them the trouble.
    Self booting is funny, but kinda sad too. If you see me hosting a game, don't leave. I don't boot non elixered people. As long as the person contributes, then no problem. If the game is full, i will send a pm saying so. If the person decides not to leave I'll boot then. Other boot reasons... Selling/buying during runs, spamming, or being annoying.

As an elixer user, I'd actually have no problem with elixers going away.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE View Post
    Self booting is funny, but kinda sad too. If you see me hosting a game, don't leave. I don't boot non elixered people. As long as the person contributes, then no problem. If the game is full, i will send a pm saying so. If the person decides not to leave I'll boot then. Other boot reasons... Selling/buying during runs, spamming, or being annoying.

As an elixer user, I'd actually have no problem with elixers going away.
    I consider Zheo a good friend of mine and I will definitely say I've done my fair share of leeching his pots.
    This is not intentional leeching but just his good nature of not minding if non elixired players join is games. Most of the time I leave after a short while because I feel bad for thinking Im taking advantage of a friend. Thanks for all the runs by the way Zheo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

@xyz, I also don't boot from my runs, I'm usually on 2x, but like Zheo said I'll boot for not contributing or trying to buy/sell/trade during a run. Only time I'm in a thrash only run is if someone else is hosting. And that's because I don't boot. I play the game because I enjoy it. If I wanted only a select group of players, I can always use a password. Feel free to add LyrrLynn.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I got booted so many times that i almost smashed my Tablet due to frustration.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Got to say yay!!!for mystical, can always expect him to chime up? Have to agree with the elixir statement all around. Topic instantantly attracted me. Dont mind it either way, however am tired of seeing level 60 plus bears and mages that can't run skilled...uggggg such a waist for the team. Now thats worth booting and i dont generally boot! Perhaps elixers after a certain level.... Miss the good ol days as lady and others have mentioned.
    Rusalio~Lvl 75 Tank|Dexalio~Lvl 75 Archer|MaGalio~Lvl 76 Mage|[COLOR="red"]| plus 100 more...Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

All I can say to the whiners is host your own games. Add people that join. Rmk. Not that hard.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    All I can say to the whiners is host your own games. Add people that join. Rmk. Not that hard.
    yeah..wut he said^^
    billybobjooe l71 mage bobjoebilly l71 birdie plus more billy's,bobs,n joe's