Thread: Suggestion: All three Blacksmoke Elite items should be rewarded

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Thumbs up Suggestion: All three Blacksmoke Elite items should be rewarded

Hey all,

Okay, here me out. I suggest all three Blacksmoke Mountain ELITE weapons should be rewarded for quest completion. I mean, 500/500 is a lot of grinding and many more people would be more compelled to do the quest if the reward was higher. I understand the issue of possible ELITE items going for gold cap a piece, but in my opinion, the rich would buy, and the poor would have money. I, myself, would be holding onto the items for a long time. Either this, or make all three items obtainable per character.

Thoughts?

~WE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thought I read somewhere that they are untradeable
    Lupiv 71 Bear Hatyara 71 Bird Liverpoolfan 71 Mage

Founding Member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lUp3 View Post
    Thought I read somewhere that they are untradeable
    I'm almost positive Techno said they're tradeable. Like 100% sure. But if they do end up untradeable, players should really get all three.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Techno said they would not be tradeable. Also, the reason the quest is so hard is so more people do NOT do the quest, thus the reward items being "elite" and rare. If more people do the quest, then the items will just be common.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I've already seen like 5 people walking around with the new quest items. The quest was a way to give people something to do while the devs work on new stuff. They've accomplished it in just a matter of days, so I don't think it should give all 3 items. To me it really seems like people are making it out to be harder than it is. Elixirs truly have made people impatient and undetermined to grind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    I've already seen like 5 people walking around with the new quest items. The quest was a way to give people something to do while the devs work on new stuff. They've accomplished it in just a matter of days, so I don't think it should give all 3 items. To me it really seems like people are making it out to be harder than it is. Elixirs truly have made people impatient and undetermined to grind.
    Sorry bro but have you tried the quest? I was just running a few today in hopes for a drop of armor or helm (didn't get any) but the point is I made 10 runs and got 1 ichor, after 20 runs I had received 3 in total. As so many have stated before.... Making 500 runs is so worth my time and achievable or hell, even 1000 runs, If I was getting an ichor every time. The problem here is that isn't the case, and that's what people are complaining about. TBH I really think it unfair that this quest be called "Elite" as its only the people that have more time on their hands that it is realistic for. I have 2 kids, a Wife, A full time job and other things that take precedence to wasting 50+ hours running the same map on a gamble to "hope" for drops. Does it really mean that, I by definition I am less elite then others who have nothing but more time? It has less to do with elixirs here than I think your assuming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Sorry bro but have you tried the quest? I was just running a few today in hopes for a drop of armor or helm (didn't get any) but the point is I made 10 runs and got 1 ichor, after 20 runs I had received 3 in total. As so many have stated before.... Making 500 runs is so worth my time and achievable or hell, even 1000 runs, If I was getting an ichor every time. The problem here is that isn't the case, and that's what people are complaining about. TBH I really think it unfair that this quest be called "Elite" as its only the people that have more time on their hands that it is realistic for. I have 2 kids, a Wife, A full time job and other things that take precedence to wasting 50+ hours running the same map on a gamble to "hope" for drops. Does it really mean that, I by definition I am less elite then others who have nothing but more time? It has less to do with elixirs here than I think your assuming.
    Everything I said is purely from speculation as I quit end game some time ago. I've just seen quite a few people walking around using the quest weapons, so I assumed some people were just slacking off. Obviously I can't speak from experience, but it seems like a good way for STS to buy some time while people are doing this quest. Getting all 3 just seems weird to me, and kinda ruins the exclusiveness of the items, especially if someone achieves it on 2/3 characters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post: