Thread: The main problem of Pocket Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Arrow The main problem of Pocket Legends

So I've been pretty absent from Pocket Legends for a while now for a reason im pretty sure most new or returning players nowadays can relate to.

The reason being difficulty in progressing , capping should not be seen a luxury, its pretty much impossible for lets say a level 1 that just started playing the game to progress to level 76+ if he doesnt spend time begging for someone to give him gold so he can buy an oktal pet or any event pet without which the game would be unplayable for them. Notice how I said impossible after level 76? I consider the 76 cap to be the last actually playable cap which didnt rely on who had the most expensive pet or the most XP kits, but how much time you actually spent grinding dungeons with your friends, which is what was mainly responsible for creating such a strong community back in 2011-2014 .

In my opinion participation in events(seeing how most are level 105+ recommended now) shouldnt be a problem for anyone of any level.

Im not sure the developers realize how big the black market is and how much more theyre profiting since everything is so scarce and gold or fortune is hard for a new player to gain.

Arcane Legends for an example added a great addition leveling after the 56 cap was introduced in their game, they made it fun and rewarding for players to do quests, with increasing the XP quests give, PL on the other hand gives no help to new players, making it hard for them to progress and fall in love with the game. Adding something similar to better the experience new players get wouldn't be hard considering itll help grow the community.
    (for the record you can go level 1 to level 81(current cap) in less than a day doing nothing but quests in AL, no xp kits or items needed)

Every high level or rich person is either a long time players who generated his fortune when it was possible or a blackmarketer nowadays, you dont see any fresh faces in PL nowadays, nothing(if youre ignoring the fact half the community stopped playing) player wise has changed since since 76 cap apart from their IGNs. (:

I'd like to hear your feedback and what you guys think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Yeah - Damage Pets that are only usable in OK'TAL was never a problem, but the other pets that are usable in the maps below the OK'TAL was a big problem.

There is no any logical reason behind the fact that you can have Damage Pet already for L1 - and I'm positive, that L1-76 would still have good amount of players if damage pets would have been usable only in and after OK'TAL maps. L1 Damage Pets broke the balance, and it's just a fact.

I remember back in the OK'TAL, there was some little amount of players who wanted L1 pets, but then in the other hand majority of the players was against the idea of doing L1 Pets.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think, for example - there should be L20 + L50 + L75 + L85 + L100 Pet Quests that are giving for player a free untradeable Pets with a Decent Stats - so new players can solo the whole game without any problems.
    These starter Pets wouldn't be too overpowered, but there would be well enought stats for new players to solo the whole game and really enjoying the game without needing to go to the town and beg for a gold or Pets. It could be maybe the easiest fix that would help the new players a lot - and what is the best about this, is that old and greedy gold hungred players wouldn't profit from this any bit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

They don't care about PL nor will they ever.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rushlikeagod For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

It is wonderful your love for Pocket Legends and I totally agree it would be amazing if STS implemented a similar style of gaining xp via quests up to a certain level for all new players.

However, I am realistic and can see that our player base is growing smaller and less platinum is spent on our game which supports and funds all the events, updates, changes we desire on game.

What STS is not aware of is how some of the biggest platinum spent on the game is supported by their customers who are in actual fact silent in their feedback on the game. Many are non English speaking players, many are older and are technologically challenged and do not know how to navigate forums or discord. All their voices are not heard and they are shy and do not want to make drama and just go with what the game provides them. Entertainment after a hard days work. I have many friends who spend thousands of real life money on the game each event and their wants and needs are never heard by STS.

I have no easy solution , quick fix for our beloved game.

So many players have wonderful ideas, that stem from the success of other games.

But they also need to consider and think about the bigger picture about our game and will that idea work for our game especially when our player base is so small. They need to think about the cost of their idea for the makers of our game STS, and will this idea bring on more new players (customers) as well as retain them and encourage them to spent platinum on the game in order for STS to sustain this investment into our game.

Will your idea be profitable for STS in the long term? You have to understand STS is a business too and need to make profit in order for more updates, events and improvements made to your game. You are taking for granted if you play the game for free and expect so much and do not support the game by purchasing platinum.

Food for thought.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think one of the biggest problems is the lack of purpose between events. STS should consider doing like "mini events" or something to add in some more weekly quests for us to do. They could put in plat sales and limited time items in the plat store. That brings in revenue and players. I know lots of players are quest hounds and would do a silly little quest every week for limited loot or a funny title or a badge. New players would see a game that is active and possibly opportunities to level up. All of these ideas could bring in revenue if done correctly with enough promotion.

I think quests for EXP or basic pets is a wonderful idea. Perhaps yakob would be a good potential pet for that or DEV dragon. Or design a new dragon like lil Loko that you get at a certain level but with stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemeaneye View Post
    I think one of the biggest problems is the lack of purpose between events. STS should consider doing like "mini events" or something to add in some more weekly quests for us to do. They could put in plat sales and limited time items in the plat store. That brings in revenue and players. I know lots of players are quest hounds and would do a silly little quest every week for limited loot or a funny title or a badge. New players would see a game that is active and possibly opportunities to level up. All of these ideas could bring in revenue if done correctly with enough promotion.

I think quests for EXP or basic pets is a wonderful idea. Perhaps yakob would be a good potential pet for that or DEV dragon. Or design a new dragon like lil Loko that you get at a certain level but with stats.
    Or maybe a campaign that is worth playing more?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Why are events straight up harder and have better items than an entire campaign.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I think if pvp levels like 71 were revived, it would also fix PVE to some extent. In terms of PVE, the 76-77 cap was one of the most successful regarding plat purchases. PVErs would run blacksmoke mountain and have something to do rather than sit in towne. This was one of the reasons cinco removed enchants and nerfed QTR. He saw the revenue from premium dungeons and saw where the money was (at the time) - twink pvp.

71-77 pvp as a zone has massive potential due to better balance between classes, QTR being redundant up there and gear being easy to access. I can imagine a lot of people trying to craft L75 sets or the 77 lustruous sets.

Indeed last year when 77 pvp was active, we saw a huge flock of PVE mains farm ancient caverns.

The best part about this is that it doesn't require any intervention from the devs, it can be fixed at a community level.

Imho 71-77 pvp is in the best state it has been for years with foxes being better and rhinos actually being viable (rhinos actually being able to beat bears and foxes can beat bears too). Birds gain the very end of the short stick but they've been getting that for years anyways. In terms of diversity in pvp, it is at its peak atm. The devs have already done their bit.

It's also easy to lvl to 71-77. New players can easily reach this level.

See how a lot of the issues with the game have already been fixed with just this suggestion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They have to take care of this issue more than before
    Last edited by yasheka; 05-10-2023 at 04:14 PM.