Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Pvp concept " Discussion"

Arcane legends pvp

no mmo Arpg in history has ever had balanced pvp before. No amount of rng will make it fair enough and people are some how excepting this from arcane legends.

Here are some of the issues.

High damage that overlaps, Small maps, the charge mechanic, the Auto lock mechanic, huge range,long duration immobilizers like stun,freeze, and paralyze ,invul, heals, pets and etc the list goes on.

The main issue is damage and frame data. If you 1 shot something it wasn't a fight and If you can't kill something it's meaningless.

With that being said I'm going to suggest lowering the damage to the complete minimum inside of honor pvp. I think quite a few players agree on this already.

If the damage is lowered War,mage and rogue should have any type of heal or invul removed in honor pvp.

It's way to powerful in pvp especially when you start stacking heals and invul shields.

Instead I believe pet aa's should heal and also pet aa's should have different types of invul. This should create a "Rock,paper, scissors" meta. which could probably turn out interesting if given the chance.

Do not bunch mods, buff and debuffs together in 1 pet aa or pet passive.

keep them completely separated. A heal aa, A mana aa , A invul to damage aa, A invul to stuns aa, A invul to freeze aa, etc

Imagine the damage being super low. If something like this was applied. clashes would probably last for 10 to 15mins when all the adjustments are made.

When stun,frozen,or paralyze you won't be able to use your pet aa anymore and also your pet aa can be failed

Yes you could theoretically stack 4 or 5 pet heals but this would mean you're team would be vulnerable to immobilizers and debuffs. Also Heals don't need to be made extremely powerful.

I'm asking to make pets specifically for honor pvp.

What I'm trying to get at is a slow fight till a team eventually gets wiped.

I had another idea for a map that teams would fight to get something similar to the ctf flag. Believe it or not If I remember there was actually a bug at one point and time. If you held the ctf flag it actually increased you're damage lol.

So I thought of that and applied it to this concept. the player thats holding the ball will gain a increase in damage.

The ball will decrease you're move speed and armor by a fixed percentage while periodically dealing damage to the holder. When the user dies the ball will reset to another position in the map.

Cool downs for attack skills need to be brought inline with each other. Rogues have the strongest skills with really short cool downs with no draw backs not even rogues range is effected.

But when you look at mage and war their skills have draw backs in the shape of range,charge,react and rng. Rogues don't have these issues.

Take wars chest splitter for example. If timed correctly you can stagger someone's startup animation causing their skill to fail. The thing is if you do this to rogue their cool down is so short it doesn't matter that their skill was failed.

Stuns,freeze, and paralyze last way to long. All immobilizers should last 0.3s to 0.7s.

Any type of invul especially invul to damage should last 1 to 1.2s with a semi long cool down. That being 40 to 50s. you have to be mindful when using something powerful the longer a cool down is people will think twice about using it.

Immobilizers and invul should also have grace periods similar to nekro aa grace period that way they're not abused.

Heals, Regen or leech should last 2s and the cool down will be 25 to 30s.

There's a lot of room for innovation in this realm little changes have to be made for this to be actually applied

I wrote this a few months back when people were talking about pvp.

I just wanted to emphasize Clashes should last 10 to 15mins and at the extreme 20mins.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 05-10-2023 at 04:38 PM.