Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    "Here's why you're wrong"

*Links a post that he authored*

Lmaooo

I agree though before awakes PvP was pretty fun. Endgame was really great all the way until lvl 41. Beyond that, things started to break. Awakes are one of the factors that killed pvp (at twink levels) this is a fact.
    It was fun when we didn't know better. But as soon as I learned. Ggs yeah awakens killed pvp yep you guys are right let's remove awaken now and seen how fun pvp is.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Awakens definitely killed twink levels. There was no balance between armor and damage awakens favoring armor so it is almost not possible to kill. If it was scaled, twink would still be alive. In my opinion, even just removing those 150, 100, 75 and 50 armors would help twink to be active again.

In PvE, a player should have at least 3 sets (ms, damage and gold sets). This mindset can also be implemented to PvP such as introducing new sets like hp, damage and armor sets. And those sets can be able to looted from crates and just like in endgame, the new sets can be made after some period of time.

PvP has always been part of the game but it is almost dead. The issue should not be neglected any further.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilMors View Post
    Awakens definitely killed twink levels. There was no balance between armor and damage awakens favoring armor so it is almost not possible to kill. If it was scaled, twink would still be alive. In my opinion, even just removing those 150, 100, 75 and 50 armors would help twink to be active again.

In PvE, a player should have at least 3 sets (ms, damage and gold sets). This mindset can also be implemented to PvP such as introducing new sets like hp, damage and armor sets. And those sets can be able to looted from crates and just like in endgame, the new sets can be made after some period of time.

PvP has always been part of the game but it is almost dead. The issue should not be neglected any further.
    Yep 100% you're right you guys are right I'm not trolling.

Now add para,eyes,belt,speed sets,new pets, lvl 16 arcane weapons, and etc .

If awaken didn't exist you're telling me pvp would be fine in 2023?. At low lvl and end game ? Be honest.

Awaken was designed to kill off low levels they knew. But they had to do it.I guess you can blame the top players at endgame for crying about it.

Back then you basically had the whole game at lvl 10-17 mainly 15-16-17 due to hauntlet. You also had people at lvl19- 21+.

I remember the end gamers back then would complain about end game being a ghost town. People also complained that people were making like 12 alts to run events at low lvl because it was so much faster.

If you remove awaken from pvp right now it's not going to solve anything. I keep saying it.

Anyways pvp dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    Yep 100% you're right you guys are right I'm not trolling.

If awaken didn't exist you're telling me pvp would be fine in 2023?. At low lvl and end game ? Be honest.

Awaken was designed to kill off low levels they knew. But they had to do it.I guess you can blame the top players at endgame for crying about it.

Back then you basically had the whole game at lvl 10-17 mainly 15-16-17 due to hauntlet. You also had people at lvl19- 21+.

I remember the end gamers back then would complain about end game being a ghost town. People also complained that people were making like 12 alts to run events at low lvl because it was so much faster.

If you remove awaken from pvp right now it's not going to solve anything. I keep saying it.

Anyways pvp dead

You have a point and probably are right. Main problem here is STS do not care about pvp. If they did, all the problems would be solved. I firmly believe that there is no magical trick that can immediately make pvp alive again. It died slowly so it can be revived slowly but it requires the intention of STS.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

They care. they wouldn't produce content if they didn't. At the same time it's a business so you have to understand from the other side of spectrum that the devs have to do what they're told.

Some People that own businesses care about their business. Now employees from time to time don't so you'll end up with something like pre nerfed breeze.

I remember I went to other brackets to test the armor vs damage. To see how much damage was needed to dent through 1,800k armor or what ever the cap was at lvl 16. I honestly don't remember. But I think you needed lvl 41 damage to get through lvl 16 awaken cap armor. Keep in mind rouges were buffed.

So I realized then we needed armor with higher damage. I realized later that is not how you solve the issue.

before honor was released I figured o you just need to make pvp it's own sperate thing in the game. Back then I didn't think sts would create it but " Honor" was a good start.

My concept of pvp is

Lower the damage so you cant be 1 shot and if it's 5v1. Currently In a 5v1 were damage is going to 100% overlap youll die in less then frame. It shouldn't be 1 shot. It should be you'll die in 300ms or 400ms. Like your hp will drain with in that time frame. Idk if this makes sense.

A new skill system for honor pvp because the pre existing skill system is developed for the old game. The old system was developed around lvl 1-16 cap. That is why you can't even charge skills in a clash. in normal end game pvp you get 1 shot. You can't react the system wasnt designed around not reacting. The charge system tells you that system was suppose to be designed around reacting.

Once you spec a point into wars invulnerable shield heal you'll always have to charge it. But what happens if you can't visually react to someone's hp dropping? You have to preemptively use heal this contradicts the whole charge system what is the point then. You'll need 2 tanks to be in a situation 1 will preemptively heal and the other has time has heal via v.c to get a rotation going. But when the damage is to high you don't even get a chance .

So a whole new sperate honor pvp can be made with toned down skills and skill removing heala from toons

The skills we have are way to powerful when the damage is low

Pets should heal. they could also be pets that decrease a teams healing %.

Basically I'm suggesting a meta that allow for counter play. Rock, paper, scissors

Honor only pets and honor only skills is what I'm suggesting.

So let's a team had a pet aa similar to toxy aa. You would counter this with a AA that gives your team stun immunity for a brief moment.

Team A will ask a question in the form of a stun aa

And team B will respond to the question with a counter.

This creates a tug of war both sides will be doing things to gain a advantage. A clash can last 10-15mins if done properly this would be decent.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It's funny people are trying to keep things as is because they hoarded items LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

They produce content? I am not sure if we are talking about the same game. It has been 11 years since this game released and only difference from the beginning is Honor PvP but if you mean the past like 2013-2015 when they made some tourneys at least, I would agree with you. On the other hand, there are events every week for PvE.

What I donot understand is if pvp is not good for business as you implied, why not remove it from the game? The problem would be solved once for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post

I mean you're definitely not wrong there, especially for any level beyond 41. It would be a nightmare.

At lower levels it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But that would would mean the problem has only been fixed at lower levels and not pvp as a whole, so I more or less agree.

Anyway still looking forward to how they can grow/develop honor without breaking it too much. It feels a bit like old twinking days but it lacks that....spice and variety.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

PvP Doesn't Pay the Bills - Cinco 2023.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by devilMors View Post
    They produce content? I am not sure if we are talking about the same game. It has been 11 years since this game released and only difference from the beginning is Honor PvP but if you mean the past like 2013-2015 when they made some tourneys at least, I would agree with you. On the other hand, there are events every week for PvE.

What I donot understand is if pvp is not good for business as you implied, why not remove it from the game? The problem would be solved once for all.
    True 100% they should remove it. Pvp is supposed to be pay 2 win. I think a said it himself a long time ago. It was something along the lines of " if you want to be the best then pay for it "

the game doesn't have many ways to make content that is entertaining in comparison to other games like path of exile,diablo 2,3,4, last epoch and etc. People will use the excuse that it's just a mobile game nah look at mobile legends.
    The reason why I'm bringing it up is because That door with pvp is still opened but not with one shots. One actually go against the mechanics of the game.

The game only has events , housing, and awaken. Out side of that the game bricks itself in just about everything. And even with that to produce content on YouTube or twitch for this game is weird..... Diablo 2 before it was released/ remastered was still producing content mainly around crafting.

In a.l you 3x speed opening locks with a sad or happy face lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aayushh007 View Post
    PvP Doesn't Pay the Bills - Cinco 2023.
    I agree but it can assist in creating content for the game.

I just realized that pvp does pay the bills. Look at mobas, fps games, fighting games , and etc. It's about content creation. I feel like people don't understand when I talk about content creation. Content creation is super important. Mmo arpgs are the only genre that hasn't figured it out yet From a pvp perspective. Mmo Arpgs have it locked from a pve perspective.

Lost ark is a weird take on a mmo Arpg but that games pvp is familiar. Long stuns

Last edited by Potofgreed; 05-15-2023 at 03:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hello,

I'm a big AL fan been here since 2012 and one thing I always loves was pvp but that's no more.

Pvp is now unplayable due to how expensive it is to play and unbalanced it is. I don't expect it to be perfect but it's so bad that pvp is dead and for a mmorpg that's not good.

I have an idea of introducing a ctf/tdm normal map any level pvp called [unawakend] basically its pvp were all gear is allowed like normal aslong as it doesn't have an awaken slot on it. This could be the best way to save pvp.

Taking away awakens from pvp could help the player base meaning more people spending more money and you could also add pvp gear in locks but please don't get crazy with procs of gear to make unbalanced again.

This idea is meant for casual players and non casual players to go up against each other this could be a big boost for the community and space time as a company.

You can keep normal pvp but add in a unawakend version for all levels.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ayanokoji For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I'm just going to talk to walls from now on