Thread: Pvp concept " Discussion"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Pvp concept " Discussion"

Arcane legends pvp

no mmo Arpg in history has ever had balanced pvp before. No amount of rng will make it fair enough and people are some how excepting this from arcane legends.

Here are some of the issues.

High damage that overlaps, Small maps, the charge mechanic, the Auto lock mechanic, huge range,long duration immobilizers like stun,freeze, and paralyze ,invul, heals, pets and etc the list goes on.

The main issue is damage and frame data. If you 1 shot something it wasn't a fight and If you can't kill something it's meaningless.

With that being said I'm going to suggest lowering the damage to the complete minimum inside of honor pvp. I think quite a few players agree on this already.

If the damage is lowered War,mage and rogue should have any type of heal or invul removed in honor pvp.

It's way to powerful in pvp especially when you start stacking heals and invul shields.

Instead I believe pet aa's should heal and also pet aa's should have different types of invul. This should create a "Rock,paper, scissors" meta. which could probably turn out interesting if given the chance.

Do not bunch mods, buff and debuffs together in 1 pet aa or pet passive.

keep them completely separated. A heal aa, A mana aa , A invul to damage aa, A invul to stuns aa, A invul to freeze aa, etc

Imagine the damage being super low. If something like this was applied. clashes would probably last for 10 to 15mins when all the adjustments are made.

When stun,frozen,or paralyze you won't be able to use your pet aa anymore and also your pet aa can be failed

Yes you could theoretically stack 4 or 5 pet heals but this would mean you're team would be vulnerable to immobilizers and debuffs. Also Heals don't need to be made extremely powerful.

I'm asking to make pets specifically for honor pvp.

What I'm trying to get at is a slow fight till a team eventually gets wiped.

I had another idea for a map that teams would fight to get something similar to the ctf flag. Believe it or not If I remember there was actually a bug at one point and time. If you held the ctf flag it actually increased you're damage lol.

So I thought of that and applied it to this concept. the player thats holding the ball will gain a increase in damage.

The ball will decrease you're move speed and armor by a fixed percentage while periodically dealing damage to the holder. When the user dies the ball will reset to another position in the map.

Cool downs for attack skills need to be brought inline with each other. Rogues have the strongest skills with really short cool downs with no draw backs not even rogues range is effected.

But when you look at mage and war their skills have draw backs in the shape of range,charge,react and rng. Rogues don't have these issues.

Take wars chest splitter for example. If timed correctly you can stagger someone's startup animation causing their skill to fail. The thing is if you do this to rogue their cool down is so short it doesn't matter that their skill was failed.

Stuns,freeze, and paralyze last way to long. All immobilizers should last 0.3s to 0.7s.

Any type of invul especially invul to damage should last 1 to 1.2s with a semi long cool down. That being 40 to 50s. you have to be mindful when using something powerful the longer a cool down is people will think twice about using it.

Immobilizers and invul should also have grace periods similar to nekro aa grace period that way they're not abused.

Heals, Regen or leech should last 2s and the cool down will be 25 to 30s.

There's a lot of room for innovation in this realm little changes have to be made for this to be actually applied

I wrote this a few months back when people were talking about pvp.

I just wanted to emphasize Clashes should last 10 to 15mins and at the extreme 20mins.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 05-10-2023 at 04:38 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

A side note.

Having a 2 skill systems one for pve and one for pvp.

I could see this being helpful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

I agree on more pets in honor with different roles

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I've suggested having a spirit equipment only pvp. Giving these gears an actual life and to keep the OP factor down from myths and arcs. Still have some fun from a single wep non stacking proc too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

as long as u can you use dummy accounts in honor or normal pvp still sucks, since you can easy to get level 81 or max level now.
    I suggest before you enter in pvp zone normal or honor you have enough pve kills like you have 200k kills with 40k achievement pts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tapsykrete View Post
    as long as u can you use dummy accounts in honor or normal pvp still sucks, since you can easy to get level 81 or max level now.
    I suggest before you enter in pvp zone normal or honor you have enough pve kills like you have 200k kills with 40k achievement pts.
    PvP is dead already, you wanna make it even more? This is nonsense.

Also nice suggestion to add more variability into honor,.. but I’d keep it simple with pets
    And lastly.. if any change would help PvP, it would be simply disabling awakens - nothing more, nothing less
    <Elite Runners>

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apocalyptis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Pvp doesnt give any profit to sts, thus reviving pvp is a total useless and a waste of times. But you have a genius suggestion where u said to lower damage brcause rpgue one shot mage, war one shot mage, mage one shot rogue is not a FIGHT. Only warrior imo balanced to fight each other due to endurance. Its either buff all classes hp or lower the damage. I suggested this long ago but player with no experience of PVP games decided to comment on my post and reject the suggestion. A proof that many rich player in this game has no skill but only a mindset of entrepeneur, not fighter.(idk what i said)

PvP in AL dont need skill, fast hand,strategy or requires u to think outside the box because the winning condition in every PvP mode is KILLS. One thing u need is to be rich. Thats all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Snaptubepro For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post
    PvP is dead already, you wanna make it even more? This is nonsense.

Also nice suggestion to add more variability into honor,.. but I’d keep it simple with pets
    And lastly.. if any change would help PvP, it would be simply disabling awakens - nothing more, nothing less
    That doesn't change anything It's weird that you refuse to understand why that doesn't work.

It's actually really strange that probably 98% of the players genuinely doesn't understand but will some how imagine that disabling awakens will fix the issue. It doesn't and I've explained why.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snaptubepro View Post
    Pvp doesnt give any profit to sts, thus reviving pvp is a total useless and a waste of times. But you have a genius suggestion where u said to lower damage brcause rpgue one shot mage, war one shot mage, mage one shot rogue is not a FIGHT. Only warrior imo balanced to fight each other due to endurance. Its either buff all classes hp or lower the damage. I suggested this long ago but player with no experience of PVP games decided to comment on my post and reject the suggestion. A proof that many rich player in this game has no skill but only a mindset of entrepeneur, not fighter.(idk what i said)

PvP in AL dont need skill, fast hand,strategy or requires u to think outside the box because the winning condition in every PvP mode is KILLS. One thing u need is to be rich. Thats all.
    Pvp is for content creation

It's actually super important.

And you make sense I understand.

You're also ain't wrong either. A.l had strategy and stuff before. There was counter play, strats like stacking pulls. This was before they nerf wars pull by accident. This is because pull is a universal mechanic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I remember back in the day. Whim AA for pulling. Slag AA stun/panic. Dovabear, Crawly, Ribbit, Arc pets are OP, Twink days <3 no awake items, many twink guilds, clashes. If both teams are equal clash in endless unless someone flags hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Long post, but I stopped reading when mage should have the same cooldown as rogue? Infinite shield yeah. Skills should be left untouched it is very balanced right now, honor pvp is the testament.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pfizer View Post
    Long post, but I stopped reading when mage should have the same cooldown as rogue? Infinite shield yeah. Skills should be left untouched it is very balanced right now, honor pvp is the testament.
    I didn't say that but ok

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jemstroyer View Post
    I remember back in the day. Whim AA for pulling. Slag AA stun/panic. Dovabear, Crawly, Ribbit, Arc pets are OP, Twink days <3 no awake items, many twink guilds, clashes. If both teams are equal clash in endless unless someone flags hehe
    Back in the day pet spam aa existed and pvp was broken back then,

Stacked tanks blocking and gg. Pvp was filled with toxic people.

People always use this as a reference point of when pvp was good.

The truth is we didn't know better. now when I think of those times I think of how garbage pvp was. It was actually bad.

if you played the game to just play then you'll never know. info flys over your head for not wanting to understand the game. That's ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

"I don't like pvp in this game. Overhaul the entire foundation so I can enjoy it."
    It sounds to me like you should get your pvp fix from another game. Honor is well designed and pvp in general needs minimal changes to be good again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    That doesn't change anything It's weird that you refuse to understand why that doesn't work.

It's actually really strange that probably 98% of the players genuinely doesn't understand but will some how imagine that disabling awakens will fix the issue. It doesn't and I've explained why.

Sorry, it is you, who is refusing to accept the fact awakens destroyed PvP Simply, they made it extremely expensive and unbalanced for most of the players, resulting in people quitting PvP and twink zones becoming dead .
    I enjoyed PvP back then, when you didn’t need to spend 1b, to actually have a bit of fun. I had a great experience on reviving the same “feeling” on lvl 16 HC PvP, where we fought only with looted epics/legendaries and pets. (Back in 2019/2020 )

Great times ;-;..
    Name:  0F2DF0D8-B8FF-495D-B91A-D6C089C45145.png
Views: 2295
Size:  8.87 MB
    Name:  67834DAB-BBBF-4A02-A766-32A83A674204.png
Views: 2298
Size:  8.91 MB
    Last edited by Apocalyptis; 05-11-2023 at 01:04 PM. Reason: grammar :D
    <Elite Runners>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Sorry, it is you, who is refusing to accept the fact awakens destroyed PvP Simply, they made it extremely expensive and unbalanced for most of the players, resulting in people quitting PvP and twink zones becoming dead .
    I enjoyed PvP back then, when you didn’t need to spend 1b, to actually have a bit of fun. I had a great experience on reviving the same “feeling” on lvl 16 HC PvP, where we fought just with looted epics/legendaries and pets. (Back in 2019/2020 )

Great times ;-;..
    It's great when you play a game and you don't know better.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...fiers-disabled

You read this before but disabling this inside pvp doesn't fix anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potofgreed View Post
    It's great when you play a game and you don't know better.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...fiers-disabled
    Yea the link just shows you saying that "we don't listen". Is it us, or you?

The thing you still don't get is that awakens made PvP extremely expensive and unbalanced - so people stopped playing it.
    Even if you changed the things you suggested, this factor would be still the same. It is absolutely not friendly for casual players, who just want to have fun without spending 1B on gear. End of discussion for me.
    <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

Default Pvp concept &quot; Discussion&quot;

Pvp used to be very fun until lvl cap 46.

Before awakens. Before ultra op gems.

The only way to fix this mode is to disable gems, awakens and slotted pets.

On top of that i would have set a 500 kill cooldown for 24 hours to stop the dummy farming.

Also bring a CTF kills leaderboard and TDM.

Furthermore for CTF i would have use a setting to drop the health of the team who makes the most kills without scoring.

I really dont know how devs are seeing these recommendations coming from us. I would have pvp during events which are not appealing for me. Somehow something has to be done rather than not doing anything at all.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

The thing you still don't get is that awakens made PvP extremely expensive and unbalanced - so people stopped playing it.
    Even if you changed the things you suggested, this factor would be still the same. It is absolutely not friendly for casual players, who just want to have fun without spending 1B on gear. End of discussion for me.
    I'ma talk to this wall.

I understand what you're saying but you don't understand I can tell because you only bring that up without the other factors.

If you remove awaken and add speed sets,belts, arcane lvl 16 weapons, pets hb with +100 to all, stronger pet aa's, stronger legendary weapons, everything is fine right?.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

"Here's why you're wrong"

*Links a post that he authored*

Lmaooo

I agree though before awakes PvP was pretty fun. Endgame was really great all the way until lvl 41. Beyond that, things started to break. Awakes are one of the factors that killed pvp (at twink levels) this is a fact.