Thread: New arcane weapons worse than mythics?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default New arcane weapons worse than mythics?

Hello,
    from what I see, new arcane weapons are worse than old mythics. I don't think it should be like this. Ok, these weapons have better base stats, but mythic ones have zaarus set bonus and most important - rusk force dot. Also, mythics weapons have debuffs like debuffing armor, hit chance, damage, movement speed etc (smug even have stun). I don't think think that hitting 2-3 enemies with normal attack is better than that. Only sword looks reasonable (huge difference in dmg between him and saber and dmg difference between smug and railgun looks like a joke next to this), but still could be better.
    At least these arcane weapons should have same rusk force burn dot like mythics to be considered as a good alternative to zaarus set with mythic weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Im sure they are designed ahead of our current gameplay, to me it is a precursor to mythic set being adjusted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

All of the force weapons are better than mythic. Better stats + better proc. You don't need debuff, your kraken already debuffs a lot. Mythic set bonus doesn't give you crit or armor, building full arcane is a better choice. Also more crit damage, there's no argument that full arcane is better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    All of the force weapons are better than mythic. Better stats + better proc. You don't need debuff, your kraken already debuffs a lot. Mythic set bonus doesn't give you crit or armor, building full arcane is a better choice. Also more crit damage, there's no argument that full arcane is better.
    You don't need that much hitting mobs 2-3 times per 1 hit if most dmg is done by staff/daggs/aegis aura proc. Stats are better, but zaarus set gives you 35% primary stat, 25% hp, 20ms, 20% damage and 5% haste which in overall outclasses arcane gear. Armor and crit are useless, because you already reach max cap easily with procs. And the most important thing is rusk force dot - this dot actually does noticeable dmg when u're fully proced. Maybe for rogue it's not a difference, because rogue has high dps and can drain boss hp really fast even with arcane gear, but for class like sorcerer it is (for war, mythic set would be definitely better if dmg difference between saber and sword wouldn't be over 50%, for now I don't know because I didn't see any good war testing it).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStonoga View Post
    You don't need that much hitting mobs 2-3 times per 1 hit if most dmg is done by staff/daggs/aegis aura proc. Stats are better, but zaarus set gives you 35% primary stat, 25% hp, 20ms, 20% damage and 5% haste which in overall outclasses arcane gear. Armor and crit are useless, because you already reach max cap easily with procs. And the most important thing is rusk force dot - this dot actually does noticeable dmg when u're fully proced. Maybe for rogue it's not a difference, because rogue has high dps and can drain boss hp really fast even with arcane gear, but for class like sorcerer it is (for war, mythic set would be definitely better if dmg difference between saber and sword wouldn't be over 50%, for now I don't know because I didn't see any good war testing it).
    All wrong, arc set is better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyv.io For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Range on the arc sword needs a buff. Have to stand right next to something to pull. No point in pulling if you can already hit something

8. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i agree hope they buff the pull effect
    of force sword similar to tb or much better to kraken aegis. it has a really short distance .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Just extra damage on basic hits. The max targets is disappointing, would be cool if basic hits had a chance to Charm targets, gotta be a Star Wars comparison there.

Bow is ok, nothing really arcane about it but stats?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I just miss some small and nice looking proc about new gun/bow - same as sword has :3
    Don’t see any reason behind leaving them like that.
    <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    All wrong, arc set is better.
    Leon (high int kraken and zaa) already wore this railgun and it was bad compared to zaa, his zaarus has noticeably more base dmg (about 23%) + also dot from smug, 10% crit dmg isn't better than that (maybe in some events + timed it could be better due to hitting multiple enemies with basic attacks, but otherwise smug is better).
    From what I read here (+ also I heard in game), bow is ok, sword lacks pull radius and gun lacks dmg (base one, difference between smug and railgun is the smallest from all weapons)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i just think that the whole conecpt of these weapons is useless, its pointless to add them in game, we already have better than these weapons, not to forget that zaarus has better stats.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I dont understand the point of add these arcane weapons to the game when they cant even beat the dirt cheap Zaarus set. Why would anyone use these weapons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrathfulcat View Post
    I dont understand the point of add these arcane weapons to the game when they cant even beat the dirt cheap Zaarus set. Why would anyone use these weapons?

It's best for pvp statswise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Probably because at some point Zaar set will be balanced around these items and krak items. As you said, it is dirt cheap. It is just a matter of time.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Maybeeee... They will release arcane set just like zaarus for "Arcane Dungeon"

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

So my op friend already tested railgun on elite rahab and his dmg was very disappointing. With railgun, he had like 1.1-1.3m dmg per tick from krak gun with railgun and with smug he had 1.5-1.9m. These weapons deserve a solid buff.