Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Crates Opinions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Regarding Crates Opinions

Looking on the fact that I spent 70k platinum on crates . Why is it 95% of the case that I only get guaranteed arcane but never before that ? Let me know if its the same for people around . And also did they highly nerfed the drop rate rates from crates ? Thanks again !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

70k platinum???? Gahhhhhh dam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fahtsssss View Post
    70k platinum???? Gahhhhhh dam
    In span of 2 years not single time ! Haha .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Yes, I have basically the same experience, my latest arcane from “not guaranteed” pull was during winter event.
    All new lockeds this year were just disaster for me - especially ursoth ones.

Weirdly enough, I had far better “arc item/plat spent” rate, when there wasn’t guaranteed arcane item for 600pulls, but a myth/arc for 300 pulls.
    <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Yea this is the system that AL should improve it's very hard to loot arcane in locks. I tried to open last ursoth event i only got an arcane from the guaranteed one and worse thing it's a helmet not a weapon xd. That's why I would never again try to open using plats lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I may not be saying open Holley Crates, But im saying Open Holley Crates. My avg is 3-4 arcanes every 600 pulls.

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SusAF View Post
    Looking on the fact that I spent 70k platinum on crates . Why is it 95% of the case that I only get guaranteed arcane but never before that ? Let me know if its the same for people around . And also did they highly nerfed the drop rate rates from crates ? Thanks again !
    The goal is for you to statistically achieve an arcane in well less than the guaranteed pull count with the guaranteed loot serving as a backup (and in some cases a bonus with the badge). For example, roll a 20-sided dice 20 times, and if you get 1, great, but if you didn't get 1 after 20 tries, we reward you as if you did.

The goal is not for you to receive an arcane statistically through guaranteed loot only. We had a similar issue with using random numbers for procs on Zodias weapons (weapon should proc 20% of the time, but it was possible for no-proc runs greater than 5, so we implemented the guaranteed-random system).

I will analyze the current Force Hunter crates and if the odds are not set up correctly (they're unique for every crate), we will determine next steps.

I appreciate you bring this to our attention.

-ALS

8. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    The goal is for you to statistically achieve an arcane in well less than the guaranteed pull count with the guaranteed loot serving as a backup (and in some cases a bonus with the badge). For example, roll a 20-sided dice 20 times, and if you get 1, great, but if you didn't get 1 after 20 tries, we reward you as if you did.

The goal is not for you to receive an arcane statistically through guaranteed loot only.

I will analyze the current Force Hunter crates and if the odds are not set up correctly (they're unique for every crate), we will determine next steps.

I appreciate you bring this to our attention.

-ALS
    Thank you very much for replying and taking this in consideration . Was weird for me to always buy crates and realises every friend of mine saying to do till guaranteed otherwise no arcane which was quite suspicious .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

It seems like it’s much harder and more expensive to get an arcane now than it was in the past. You would have a pretty decent chance at getting an arcane with 1.7k plat before. Also, why aren’t the chances the same for each lock? Just curious

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

To add, does opening a mass crate have a greater chance to get an arcane than opening a single crate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pups View Post
    To add, does opening a mass crate have a greater chance to get an arcane than opening a single crate?
    Mass or normal I nearly always got it only during guaranteed . Hopefuly Asommers changes it .

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SusAF View Post
    Mass or normal I nearly always got it only during guaranteed .
    Did a very deep dive into these crates with running numerous simulations. After careful review of the odds/data, we think they are fair and we've decided not to modify them for this event.

You mention "nearly always" which to me implies sometimes you received Arcanes before guaranteed. If this is the case, it's working as expected.

I will, however, make a note that the locked crates are perceived to grant Arcanes only with guaranteed loot and that is something we can certainly work on since that's not our goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pups View Post
    There are no differences between the odds for the 1x, 3x, and 5x. The 5x just does more pulls at once.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Did a very deep dive into these crates with running numerous simulations. After careful review of the odds/data, we think they are fair and we've decided not to modify them for this event.

You mention "nearly always" which to me implies sometimes you received Arcanes before guaranteed. If this is the case, it's working as expected.

I will, however, make a note that the locked crates are perceived to grant Arcanes only with guaranteed loot and that is something we can certainly work on since that's not our goal.

There are no differences between the odds for the 1x, 3x, and 5x. The 5x just does more pulls at once.

-ALS
    As long as something changes for future crates it will be appreciated !