Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rahabkor buff/nerf timing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Arrow Rahabkor buff/nerf timing?

First off, thanks to devs for reading forums.

They might not read this, given my persona of creating an account on this forum specifically to complain about the 5/31 update. But that's not why I made a forum account. It's because I love this game.
    And for Trader's market.

Anyway some constructive criticism/advice, again from a newer player perspective.
    I will do my best to include no negativity

Straddling the line between zaar and kraken rn? This game is almost unplayable.
    I do not use that term lightly.

I am going to assume from what I have read in forums that the reason for nerfing gold base drop, from Rahab is to help with inflation. I'm going to assume that buffing up is similar reasoning.

I think these two things together are wrong to do. Pick one. This hurts up and coming players *far* more that it affects players farming rahab all day, and so it will do little to help inflation besides crashing kraken weapon specifically (already happening) while increasing the wealth disparity between players.

You have added/updated a lot of gate-keeping mechanics recently to this game recently (removed inventory, nerfing XP gain in old questlines like saving glintstone that ppl do daily to lvl up cuz they aren't strong enough to solo farm their gear lvl at LvL 66+, buffing hp of endgame portal bosses)....

This is really starting to stack up and make this a quite frustrating and unenjoyable experience for a newer player. People want a challenge. They deserve a reward. They will pay for a challenge.

No one will continue paying to simply be frustrated and gatekept by a hard pay-wall and now gear-wall simultaneously. Expecting new players to buy or farm for kraken to get a ROI on Rahab is now... Silly.

Now into the real matter.

I don't simply dislike the change. I think buffing hp of a boss like Rahabkor could be good, and yes any game design decision is justifiable @cinco, I respect you standing your ground at least.

Did you think that perhaps the real problem is timing?? I mean, do you really think *now* is the best time to buff HP on endgame boss that you've already manipulated the loot tables for twice? You keep breaking things that don't need fixing lol. Did you really think that now, after filling players inventory with eggs and vanities, is the best time for a gold sink? So that *everyone* loses money who hasn't liquidated their inventory and is waiting for slots back? Do you seriously think that *now*, after removing farmable slots as a way of making $$$, is a good time to make Rahab inaccessible to new players?

After allowing them to purchase GL gear during an awakening event?
    Really?

The reasons ppl are mad about changes are yes, usually the way it affects them, and sometimes the way it affects others (myself included), but mostly these revolve around timing.

I really hope that you figure your cadence out, because at this point, I'm halfway convinced you are putting a concerted effort into killing your own game, economy first.

Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

I agree that timing was the issue on many things. They made this expansion very hard and tedious that only very few could finish. The gold reward for such bosses was high. Aside from the OP mythic warrior sword and mage guns, the maps could only be finished in a timely farmable manner via kraken weapons. I thought this was great because now the gold was good! Enter winter event with the release of venal sets and everyone got a decent gold loot set on budget. Shortly after gold nerfs came. Some time has passed since then and I feel that the more serious players have scrapped up more gold in that I could comfortable run random elite rahab and at least one other player would have a kraken set such that it could be finished. The recent update has made the map in elite mode a desert. Sure I could party, but I always thought that running the map with randoms could help them earn gold to buy the stronger gear. That time I felt was around now and without a full team private kraken party, elite mode can't be finished. So yes, timing is everything aligns where players had to plan things out for a long time, it gets changed up.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

I've explained my fundamental reasoning for the changes in another post (gold in vs. gold out and the idea that difficulty increase > another gold nerf).

As for the timing... this is driven by the season changeover. Obviously this isn't relevant to players who don't participate in seasonal LB but it matters a lot to players who do.

Do you have a suggestion as to when these changes should be / should have been applied?
    "Never," and "time-travel to the past" aren't practical options - but I sense that you have something specific, actionable and very reasonable to offer in this regard.

Best wishes and thanks in advance!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I've explained my fundamental reasoning for the changes in another post (gold in vs. gold out and the idea that difficulty increase > another gold nerf).

As for the timing... this is driven by the season changeover. Obviously this isn't relevant to players who don't participate in seasonal LB but it matters a lot to players who do.

Do you have a suggestion as to when these changes should be / should have been applied?
    "Never," and "time-travel to the past" aren't practical options - but I sense that you have something specific, actionable and very reasonable to offer in this regard.

Best wishes and thanks in advance!

17 hours in and rahab isn’t even half way open. Nobody is playing the event so it’s not like people are busy with that. What more proof do you need that this change was ridiculous? Every single person has told you it’s bad, not one single person has agreed with it. And it’s not for the sake of getting less gold, it’s for the sake of there’s nothing to do in the game right now.