Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: LB players events and multiples accounts unfair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default LB players events and multiples accounts unfair

It is very unfair that a player with several accounts can be in the lb repeatedly, leaving other players out of competition for not having an equipment of t of 2-3b, sts please limit the use of multi accounts in events by IP. thanks!

last 2 events been this way!!!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Sry but Cinco alrdy said its fair and that they wont be doing this, every event is the same discussion and not just events (timed lb for example)

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

I could have taken many spots on Temple Leaderboard but i chose to not to oppress players(Mainly due to the trash rewards, not caring). The leaderboards have been Cultured to the 'Elite' players who are either "A plat buyer themselves or are completely integrated into that system". This will never change. @Dev? Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So true lol, i dont think this will change tho. Its happen for years in this kind of event

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,467 Posts

It's not that we don't care, but we can't treat all accounts from the same IP as the same person (family members, internet cafes, etc.). We can't even treat all accounts from the same device as the same person (family members sharing a device).

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

people could use other accounts too(different email) if they ban alt accounts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    It's not that we don't care, but we can't treat all accounts from the same IP as the same person (family members, internet cafes, etc.). We can't even treat all accounts from the same device as the same person (family members sharing a device).

-ALS
    I got a very very very good feeling that what you describe fits into the smallest pocket in al history..

I wonder your response if i say that since you have been active on forums again( after a long afk) the game has become very much an 'Elitist' mentality. Care to counter with something relevant to your current players? I could easily mistake your arrival publicly with something internal.

Who owns sts btw, would be good feedback.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

-ALS
    1-) The items can be registered to that account separately for each leaderboard. of course items are still tradeable. Just not allowed to use on especially used leaderboard run with even same accounts slot characters while same LB still active. so it helps fixing the issue people using alts / friends with same gears and filling out whole leaderboard.

2-) The same players can fill the LB even without needing another slot / alt. all they have to do just changing party members, to fix this most healthy way seems converting leaderboard sytem to only solo. in the other hand if team up %100 necessary, not allow the players run LB if they are in ranking already.

this suggestions seems too much complicated but cant figure anything else easier that really helps.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leyit View Post
    1-) The items can be registered to that account separately for each leaderboard. of course items are still tradeable. Just not allowed to use on especially used leaderboard run with even same accounts slot characters while same LB still active. so it helps fixing the issue people using alts / friends with same gears and filling out whole leaderboard.
    Sorry, we won't be tracking individual items. Players are free to trade items.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyit View Post
    2-) The same players can fill the LB even without needing another slot / alt. all they have to do just changing party members, to fix this most healthy way seems converting leaderboard sytem to only solo. in the other hand if team up %100 necessary, not allow the players run LB if they are in ranking already.
    Now this is an important distinction separate from OP's original point. If person A using character B plays with 10 different teams and has 10 of the top group scores, I agree they shouldn't be getting just 10 copies of the rewards. However, I do think it's ok if person A was on the leaderboard multiple times with character B and character C even if the rewards are tradable. We'll need to discuss this internally.

Lastly, we probably need to figure out what we want to do these types of keep-highest-score events vs. accumulate-points events because they are not conducive to the type of leaderboard play most players expect.

-ALS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to asommers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

@assomers maybe just make the LB rewards not tradable just for these high score type events? so there is no incentive to get multiple spots on lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wrathfulcat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

asommers, we do need a separation for how u treat keep-highest-score events.
    ive read every argument that the players getting alts on the solo lbs is unfair and all devs say is its fair for the players who put in effort in the gear.
    They put in thier effort and have scored one of the top10 places. This already proves that they have the best gear and best skill. Why doesnt multiple alt in keep-highest-score events come under griefing/alt farming.
    If the player at #13 place, if all alts were removed was supposed to be #8th place then isnt it worser for this player. And the person with 2 or more alts, if reported for griefing should be punished with a ban for the duration of the event. The guy in #13 did try for the lb and is one of the top10 player but was pushed out because of alts.

We want 10 distinct players to be rewarded the top10. Alts do promote competitiveness by pushing the lb points from 7m to 11m but its not fair. Alts are same person with 4 different accounts/characters passing his gears and getting the spot in LB.
    Lets consider accumulate-points events, do u think any one person in the top10 would go for 2 accounts in the top10 spots? they wouldnt/cant. They wont have time to push. And 10 different players who put in effort get the top10 rewards. even if the player at #10 puts in the least effort, he is still one of the top10 players. this is fair. im sure nobody has complaints with this.

Why not the same for the keep-highest-score events. The separation(between accumulate-points events vs keep-highest-score events) we ask is for devs to allow the distinct players to be top10.
    Since we as players are not able to restrict the alts, we come to devs to make it fair for all. And u guys help, by restricting the dark bombs, restricting fish ellix. this is done to make the ground even. Make the ground equal so that everyone has the chance for top10 not for every alt to have a chance.
    Restrict alts from same account and alts from same person with different emails/logins.
    When u say temple is for the most skilled players, i would expect the winners to be 10 different people with thier own gear. but its mostly just the 4 people occupying 10 spots with the same items which was shared. Items are fine, its just the alts. These are 4 of the best players but it doesnt make it 10 players. Removing the alts, there are others who deserved top10 because they are top10 best players.
    Dont say its fair for the player(with 3 alts) who spent a lot of gold on gears. for the efforts he put in, he already scored top10 and everyone knows how skilled he is just from the highest points he scored. Huge difference in points from others already proves he's got good strategy, ping, skills and items.
    10 distinct players from different IP at top10 is fair and is wat most of the player base wants(except the ones who do run alts).

This can be done, just restrict the alts from same account. And If there are people in the top10 who get reported for the alt farming/griefing then the support can take a look if they have alts from same IP/device and remove the lower scored ones and let only one stay. or if they cant remove the names then just remove the ranking except for the highest one. #13 serial number can be #9 on the top10 and recieve the top10 reward as he is rightfully one of the top10 players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Leaderboards ain't charity.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

if there was no alts allowed, the difference between #1 and #10 would be so big in terms of gear and skill that it would be unfair they both get same prizes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

and thats the opinion of players with alts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LichKing1 View Post
    if there was no alts allowed, the difference between #1 and #10 would be so big in terms of gear and skill that it would be unfair they both get same prizes

so say in easterevent, #1 was 40m points, #10 was 26m points, #10 getting the reward was unfair?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

in accumulate-points events, thats the difference between being a #1 player who spent tons of gold on energy/portal items and time running event/op gear which helps u clear map at a faster time and a #10 player who was able to do just better than #11.
    it should be the same for highest-score event too. #1 with 21m points who was the best and 10th distinct player with 8m points who is just better than 11th distinct player.

Lb isnt a charity, so why allow alts on lb to take 5 spots out of 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Youre right, lb ain’t charity, no one is saying that it should be easy. It just doesn’t reflect what leaderboard should. The thing is that this exploiting of multiple alts is just really wrong. It doesn’t make any sense, why #1 player should be able to take all other places.

Develepers basically made all these top10 rewards for #1 player of each class, which will only lead into price manipulation and hoarding straight away after event ends.

If they made only #1 place reward, it would be better at this point.

Name me one sport with “leaderboard system”, where contestants are able to take multiple spots within the ranking. Imagine #1 javelin thrower also getting 2nd and 3rd place, only because all of his throws were better than other athletes’. Would it make sense?
    <Elite Runners>

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apocalyptis For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post
    Youre right, lb ain’t charity, no one is saying that it should be easy. It just doesn’t reflect what leaderboard should. The thing is that this exploiting of multiple alts is just really wrong. It doesn’t make any sense, why #1 player should be able to take all other places.

Develepers basically made all these top10 rewards for #1 player of each class, which will only lead into price manipulation and hoarding straight away after event ends.

If they made only #1 place reward, it would be better at this point.

Name me one sport with “leaderboard system”, where contestants are able to take multiple spots within the ranking. Imagine #1 javelin thrower also getting 2nd and 3rd place, only because all of his throws were better than other athletes’. Would it make sense?
    now imagine all other throwers r amateurs and u give top spots to them, u cant compare events in AL with real life, top athletes go thro some sort of qualifying while we dont
    I have run countless lb events and i can tell u from experience that if temple events didnt have alts allowed, the top10 would be way too easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Leaderboards ain't charity.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    it is also when greed takes over… They believe that they deserve more. shameless

24. The Following User Says Thank You to exclusion For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

now imagine all other throwers r amateurs and u give top spots to them, u cant compare events in AL with real life, top athletes go thro some sort of qualifying while we dont
    I have run countless lb events and i can tell u from experience that if temple events didnt have alts allowed, the top10 would be way too easy

So basically only #1 is a “pro” and others are “amateurs”? Sure, but the leaderboard is still about top10 players, doesn’t matter how you call them. “u give top spots to them”? No. That’s what they achieved based on their perfomance, you wouldn’t normally care if you were already #1.

I respect that it takes more effort to be first than last, but giving the first guy 10x the same reward, that was meant for others? That’s just wrong.

It wouldn’t be easy, it would just be fair (and how it is meant to be). This only shows the greediness from your side. There is nothing bad about letting the 10th guy be 10th, since you are far ahead lol.
    <Elite Runners>

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apocalyptis For This Useful Post: