Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: IGN?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default IGN?

We know that an account that has been banned cannot be unbanned, so let it pass. but I'm a little curious whether the developer can reset their IGN? so that we players can use the IGN again

Sent from my SM-A025F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

This has been brought up many times and the issue stays the same;
    1) Why would you want to use an IGN with a bad history on it?
    2) If ever you would be able to use a banned IGN, players who reported that ign before may report it again and which could result in you getting banned.

Sent from my RMX2040 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cliva For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cliva View Post
    2) If ever you would be able to use a banned IGN, players who reported that ign before may report it again and which could result in you getting banned.

+1, highlight on 1) Why would you want to use an IGN with a bad history on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ign: Idarizz/Adapts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

1: it’s cool to have nice igns regardless the history of them

2: reports don’t work, unless sts investigates and notices you really did something to get banned, other then that they won’t ban for no reason .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blvckvxmpy View Post
    1: it’s cool to have nice igns regardless the history of them

2: reports don’t work, unless sts investigates and notices you really did something to get banned, other then that they won’t ban for no reason .
    1. It may be cool to have 3 letters ign or even readable ign but you will be known throughout arlor as someone that had been banned for whatever reasons, be it scamming, trading real-life currency for gold/items, buying or selling accounts or anything that go against TOS. Its not wise to just disregard the history behind those banned igns.

2. So are you saying that since they banned an ign before, they will remove/delete the data that were once proof of going against TOS? Even if they investigate now, I'm assuming that specific IGN still has records that got them banned in the first place.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

1. It may be cool to have 3 letters ign or even readable ign but you will be known throughout arlor as someone that had been banned for whatever reasons, be it scamming, trading real-life currency for gold/items, buying or selling accounts or anything that go against TOS. Its not wise to just disregard the history behind those banned igns.

2. So are you saying that since they banned an ign before, they will remove/delete the data that were once proof of going against TOS? Even if they investigate now, I'm assuming that specific IGN still has records that got them banned in the first place.

1: simply tell them you bought the ign because if something like this was implemented in the game people would know everyone’s gonna have old IGNs and banned ones they’re not gonna be stupid .

2: if sts added something like this in the game they’d know people are gonna end up with banned IGNs, it’s not gonna be a surprise to them and they’re not gonna be suspicious on the person who took the banned ign, because they literally added it in they should expect people to take those igns.. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

1: simply tell them you bought the ign because if something like this was implemented in the game people would know everyone’s gonna have old IGNs and banned ones they’re not gonna be stupid .

2: if sts added something like this in the game they’d know people are gonna end up with banned IGNs, it’s not gonna be a surprise to them and they’re not gonna be suspicious on the person who took the banned ign, because they literally added it in they should expect people to take those igns.. lol
    1. Well that's completely stupid. By your first statement "simply tell them you bought the ign" its already against TOS. Why would a player must go through trouble of explaining to everyone that "I'm a good player" every single time a player may ask them about their ign? There's no way they would implement bringing back old banned ign to be used by new players.

2. They (most likely) won't add this to the game. Why would they want such complicated problems on their plate if they can avoid it by not bringing back old ign.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HuzNy View Post
    We know that an account that has been banned cannot be unbanned, so let it pass. but I'm a little curious whether the developer can reset their IGN? so that we players can use the IGN again

Sent from my SM-A025F using Tapatalk
    This is never going to happen as said by developers many times already... No point in keep making these kind of posts.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

1. Well that's completely stupid. By your first statement "simply tell them you bought the ign" its already against TOS. Why would a player must go through trouble of explaining to everyone that "I'm a good player" every single time a player may ask them about their ign? There's no way they would implement bringing back old banned ign to be used by new players.

2. They (most likely) won't add this to the game. Why would they want such complicated problems on their plate if they can avoid it by not bringing back old ign.

THE SUGGESTION was to make it not against ToS my example was if it were to happen, can you read 💀

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,476 Posts

See this thread (link).

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

THE SUGGESTION was to make it not against ToS my example was if it were to happen, can you read
    A player is what gives IGN it's reputation. There are plenty of good IGNs available if you are creative enough.

In games such as League of Legends, names such as Nightblue, Scrubnoob, Dekar, Imaqtpie, Doublelift, Voyboy are very well known. Simply because of the person behind them.

Even when these players have the option to get any IGN they want when they are in teams. For example "TSM Doublelift", they still go for their beloved names.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I don't see a clear significance on why devs should re-release those IGNs. It would only result to a wide exploitation especially IGN selling on black market.

No wonder dummy accounts / new accounts kept pushing this topic.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greazemk For This Useful Post: