Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: And Now, A Word From Your Customer Support Team…

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Moderator - Inactive RedStapler's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Lightbulb And Now, A Word From Your Customer Support Team…

Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Name:  hansen_chris_2005adj.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  2.7 KB

Thank you for your understanding!

-RS
    Last edited by RedStapler; 09-24-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    | | | |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RedStapler For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Amen and Hallelujah!!

Now, let's eat cake.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yeh it seems like everyone thinks nothing of this until it happens to them, including me
    Last edited by Delphina; 11-29-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Loan feature?
    :P

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterSLAYER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Wait give means give?!? Kind of sad that a thread like this was needed but glad to see it hopefully this will end the "zomg I waz scammered" threads
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze:791483
    Wait give means give?!? Kind of sad that a thread like this was needed but glad to see it hopefully this will end the "zomg I waz scammered" threads
    Indeed it would be nice but, it won't.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

That'd be really cool actually.
    A loan function where you can put something in the trade window, set a date/time for when you get it back. I like that. Could enhance the community feeling actually. Also, some peeps could just rent stuff . i.e renting Blue Dragon set for a week, 4 million. Brilliant! An entire new dimension to merching.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSLAYER View Post
    Loan feature?
    :P

Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Lazy devs... Cant make lending system or return items that were lost because of the lack of loaning systen
    Or we could say.... Stupid people should read the ToS and stop complaining when they do something that is clearly stated within game rules to NOT do.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It would indeed be cool to have some sort of lending system by where the person receiving the item cannot trade it, sell it, or liquidate it, and the person lending the item can take it back whenever they want, even if the other player is not online. That would solve all these problems people have with lending items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedStapler View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Thank you for your understanding!

-RS
    Thank you for finally resolving this issue.

However, I would like to point out that not all players use the forum. Could you please put a notification when the game starts, after

"-Do not give your email/password to anyone"

something like

"-Items transferred to other players with the 'give' button are always considered donations - STS holds no responsibility of reversing such transfers"

I think this would help a lot
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Amen and Hallelujah!!

Now, let's eat cake.
    Hope that cake tasty:=)
    Pl - Victoira Enchantress Level 70.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Thank you for finally resolving this issue.

However, I would like to point out that not all players use the forum. Could you please put a notification when the game starts, after

"-Do not give your email/password to anyone"

something like

"-Items transferred to other players with the 'give' button are always considered donations - STS holds no responsibility of reversing such transfers"

I think this would help a lot
    I disagree, Robin. Nobody in the real world needs to tell them that if they give something to a stranger, they might never see it again. It should go without saying here, too.

unrelated to the reply: I think the OP is the right way to go about it. Better that someone learn about being trustful of strangers when it's only fake money at stake. STS shouldn't have to be a nanny state.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

loan feature would be amazing
    guilds can have it to

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Loan feature added into trade function:

New era of loan scams! As a scammer is 'selling' something he then puts it as a loan of 1 minute and the foolish buyer (me) 'buys' the item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I disagree, Robin. Nobody in the real world needs to tell them that if they give something to a stranger, they might never see it again. It should go without saying here, too.
    In real life, if I lend an item to someone and I have proof that it's mine there are legal ways to get it back. I can also have proof in game e.g. screenshot with the full dialogue which could be also validated from game logs. In fact, given that game logs record all user actions, there is always proof in game. The user should know that despite of the fact that there may be proof, STS is not willing to reverse the transfer.

In the same opening message it also states 'inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated'. To someone, this could also include borrowing an item and refusing to return it. It should become clear that this behavior is not considered inappropriate by STS simply because they don't recognise/support any transfers of type "loan" in game. It is always 'give' or 'trade'.

It's fair enough especially now that they made it clear with the forum statement. Therefore, I agree with this
    unrelated to the reply: I think the OP is the right way to go about it. Better that someone learn about being trustful of strangers when it's only fake money at stake. STS shouldn't have to be a nanny state.
    but please note that these virtual items actually cost real money. STS actually makes a profit from selling such virtual goods so to them these are not different from real life items.

If they put this notification in the opening message it will save us from all the drama. As I said, not all players read the forum.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quite funny to say the items won't be given back, heard differently.. or is that over favouritism.. I forget

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I heard someone got a dragon set back after "lending" it to someone who didn't return it.
    I'm pretty sure sts would return your "scammed" items imo jkjk.

DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    In real life, if I lend an item to someone and I have proof that it's mine there are legal ways to get it back. I can also have proof in game e.g. screenshot with the full dialogue which could be also validated from game logs. In fact, given that game logs record all user actions, there is always proof in game. The user should know that despite of the fact that there may be proof, STS is not willing to reverse the transfer.

In the same opening message it also states 'inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated'. To someone, this could also include borrowing an item and refusing to return it. It should become clear that this behavior is not considered inappropriate by STS simply because they don't recognise/support any transfers of type "loan" in game. It is always 'give' or 'trade'.

It's fair enough especially now that they made it clear with the forum statement. Therefore, I agree with this
    but please note that these virtual items actually cost real money. STS actually makes a profit from selling such virtual goods so to them these are not different from real life items.

If they put this notification in the opening message it will save us from all the drama. As I said, not all players read the forum.
    Please let's not add any more warnings to change zone stuff. It gets old getting a tell as you leave a zone and scrolling up three pages. And this lend feature would eat up a lot of server space to track. Do you want to have new content or have to deal with people spamming "Leasing Isis armor for 2k!!!!"
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Please let's not add any more warnings to change zone stuff. It gets old getting a tell as you leave a zone and scrolling up three pages. And this lend feature would eat up a lot of server space to track. Do you want to have new content or have to deal with people spamming "Leasing Isis armor for 2k!!!!"
    Seriosuly? For 1 line? This is a serious matter that has caused grief and controversy in the game. Two good friends of mine (including our guild's ex-GM) quit the game because of this. As I said, the statement 'inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated' can be misinterpreted. There might still be people who think that if they have proof they can get their items back.

And did I say anything about a lend feature?
    Last edited by Brave Sir Robin; 10-03-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

loan feature wont tax the server lol
    sts has offered time limited item sales in it's store as well, don't see what the problem is in this being implemented in an individual level, esp if it improves gameplay, and if it contributes to guilds being useful in the game at all, its a plus
    Last edited by Slant; 10-03-2012 at 02:17 PM.