Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recolored sets as Halloween LB rewards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Recolored sets as Halloween LB rewards

Hello,
    in Banner event you showed us a gif of a new banner, but more interesting thing for many players was a recolored Medusa set. I remember that me and my friends were excited that you'll put recolored (red) Medusa, Frank and Ghost set in next lb event, but unfortunately you didn't.
    My question is if you can put them in future Halloween LB rewards for top 10 rewards? Many types of players would be happy with that:
    - lb runners, because rewards would be great and this lb would be very competitive;
    - plat buyers and energy hoarders, because energy price would be high;
    - people who are rich and want an amazing lb set, but aren't rich enough to buy OG sets, which increase in price basically every 2 weeks. They would have an alternative of buying a recolored set which would be cheaper than OG one;
    - collectors, because they would really like to get it in their collection.

It wouldn't affect "noob" players and OG set owners. "Noob" players would just get plat tier as usual, so it wouldn't make any difference for them. OG sets wouldn't drop in their price (even if they would, their price would still be insanely high) - Ice Spirit and Golem sets have their recolored version and their price is still insanely high.
    @Cinco @asommers @Devs

Wysłane z mojego RMX3563 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Recolored sets as Halloween LB rewards

Quote Originally Posted by AgentStonoga View Post
    Hello,
    in Banner event you showed us a gif of a new banner, but more interesting thing for many players was a recolored Medusa set. I remember that me and my friends were excited that you'll put recolored (red) Medusa, Frank and Ghost set in next lb event, but unfortunately you didn't.
    My question is if you can put them in future Halloween LB rewards for top 10 rewards? Many types of players would be happy with that:
    - lb runners, because rewards would be great and this lb would be very competitive;
    - people who are rich and want an amazing lb set, but aren't rich enough to buy OG sets, which increase in price basically every 2 weeks. They would have an alternative of buying a recolored set which would be cheaper than OG one;

It wouldn't affect "noob" players and OG set owners. "Noob" players would just get plat tier as usual, so it wouldn't make any difference for them. OG sets wouldn't drop in their price (even if they would, their price would still be insanely high) - Ice Spirit and Golem sets have their recolored version and their price is still insanely high.
    @Cinco @asommers @Devs

+1 frank recolor also please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

It is an interesting point to comment on.
    I clearly remember them saying that they would never re-release something that was conceived by lb...
    let's assume they accept a re-release. I don't think it's fair for players without billions of gold not to participate, as this relaunch wasn't supposed to happen in the first place.
    since it's relaunching then it would have to be something that includes everybody.
    example: put the vanities in a certain locked (not locked in the store, not locked in the npc) and the lock would be dropped from the specific event, whoever wanted to try the vanity would have to buy the locked one and open it. the less favored would still gain by cultivating them locked up and selling them to whoever wanted to try their luck.

these points would still be up:

points to take into account:
    - Rewards from lb to 10 should be rich in rarity, I don't think it's right to replicate them.
    - developers must be tired of seeing people praising certain vanities, certain folk/mythical stories/popular legends from around the world could be passed along to creators to serve as a plot for future vanities (think it's a great idea).
    - we know that the vast majority just want certain things because they are rare, if they replicate and become something popular (not rare) it won't be of much use, we have thousands of examples of this within the game.
    -the oldest and rarest vanities had their rarity increased thanks to the big ban applied in some specific years, causing more increase in their price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatory View Post
    It is an interesting point to comment on.
    I clearly remember them saying that they would never re-release something that was conceived by lb...
    let's assume they accept a re-release. I don't think it's fair for players without billions of gold not to participate, as this relaunch wasn't supposed to happen in the first place.
    since it's relaunching then it would have to be something that includes everybody.
    example: put the vanities in a certain locked (not locked in the store, not locked in the npc) and the lock would be dropped from the specific event, whoever wanted to try the vanity would have to buy the locked one and open it. the less favored would still gain by cultivating them locked up and selling them to whoever wanted to try their luck.

these points would still be up:

points to take into account:
    - Rewards from lb to 10 should be rich in rarity, I don't think it's right to replicate them.
    - developers must be tired of seeing people praising certain vanities, certain folk/mythical stories/popular legends from around the world could be passed along to creators to serve as a plot for future vanities (think it's a great idea).
    - we know that the vast majority just want certain things because they are rare, if they replicate and become something popular (not rare) it won't be of much use, we have thousands of examples of this within the game.
    -the oldest and rarest vanities had their rarity increased thanks to the big ban applied in some specific years, causing more increase in their price.
    They said that they would never release same lb sets again, but they didn't say anything about recolors.
    You don't need billions of gold to participiate in lb event, it's all about how much time you'll spend on running event. Probably all of lb run events were possible to make without buying energy. Sure, this event would be different and probably even the hardest grinders would need to buy some energy, but it would still be possible to get it without spending billions of gold.
    Putting recolored sets in lb events in lockeds is a bad idea:
    knowing that they're recolored lb sets, players would expect them to be prestigious. Vanities from lockeds aren't prestigious, because all you need is just to open some lockeds with plats/crate keys. Their whole amount would be definitely higher than 10. These points wouldn't count: plat buyers wouldn't buy energy for plats, because better vanity would be in lockeds. People who are rich (but not rich enough for og set) and collectors wouldn't be that much interested in these sets, because these sets wouldn't be prestigious and in limited quantity of 10 (excluding tie in lb). People which could be interested in these sets in lockeds would be maybe casual players, but wouldn't it be better to try to motivate some of them to spend more time on playing AL by knowing that there's a recolored and cheaper version of good looking vanity?

These sets would have same "base look", but colors would be completely different. Also, these sets would be in lb, so their amount would be limited (they could make them even top 5 instead of 10). These sets would be from event, where you had to grind really hard for them instead of just buying plats.You don't have to make recolors over and over again, 1-2 recolors is more than enough - these sets would still be insanely rare, but possible to buy for people who aren't lucky merchers or merchers involved in price manipulation.
    People are praising these vanities, because they're looking good. STS is now struggling with making a good looking vanity, many people are complaining that current lb rewards are ugly and vanities in locks are better looking. After so many ugly lb rewards, they could give us something which most people want instead of taking a risk of making a completely different vanity with high chance of being not liked by players. We deserve it after so many bad lb vanities.
    Actually, people want Medusa/Frank/Ghost sets, because these sets look good. Halloween sets are rarer, because they're top 5 and they're not liked that much as these sets (which were top 25), because Halloween sets are ugly compared to them.
    Banning some owners is only a one part of increasing in price. There's also visual aspect of these sets, higher amount of gold in circulation, hoarders and people who can overpay for these sets, because many of their owners aren't willing to sell them,.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

They said that they would never release same lb sets again, but they didn't say anything about recolors.
    You don't need billions of gold to participiate in lb event, it's all about how much time you'll spend on running event. Probably all of lb run events were possible to make without buying energy. Sure, this event would be different and probably even the hardest grinders would need to buy some energy, but it would still be possible to get it without spending billions of gold.
    Putting recolored sets in lb events in lockeds is a bad idea:
    knowing that they're recolored lb sets, players would expect them to be prestigious. Vanities from lockeds aren't prestigious, because all you need is just to open some lockeds with plats/crate keys. Their whole amount would be definitely higher than 10. These points wouldn't count: plat buyers wouldn't buy energy for plats, because better vanity would be in lockeds. People who are rich (but not rich enough for og set) and collectors wouldn't be that much interested in these sets, because these sets wouldn't be prestigious and in limited quantity of 10 (excluding tie in lb). People which could be interested in these sets in lockeds would be maybe casual players, but wouldn't it be better to try to motivate some of them to spend more time on playing AL by knowing that there's a recolored and cheaper version of good looking vanity?

These sets would have same "base look", but colors would be completely different. Also, these sets would be in lb, so their amount would be limited (they could make them even top 5 instead of 10). These sets would be from event, where you had to grind really hard for them instead of just buying plats.You don't have to make recolors over and over again, 1-2 recolors is more than enough - these sets would still be insanely rare, but possible to buy for people who aren't lucky merchers or merchers involved in price manipulation.
    People are praising these vanities, because they're looking good. STS is now struggling with making a good looking vanity, many people are complaining that current lb rewards are ugly and vanities in locks are better looking. After so many ugly lb rewards, they could give us something which most people want instead of taking a risk of making a completely different vanity with high chance of being not liked by players. We deserve it after so many bad lb vanities.
    Actually, people want Medusa/Frank/Ghost sets, because these sets look good. Halloween sets are rarer, because they're top 5 and they're not liked that much as these sets (which were top 25), because Halloween sets are ugly compared to them.
    Banning some owners is only a one part of increasing in price. There's also visual aspect of these sets, higher amount of gold in circulation, hoarders and people who can overpay for these sets, because many of their owners aren't willing to sell them,.
    they said they wont do more recolors of lb sets when they released those green recolors long ago and the red medusa was showed years ago so chill out, it wont happen

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LichKing1 View Post
    they said they wont do more recolors of lb sets when they released those green recolors long ago and the red medusa was showed years ago so chill out, it wont happen

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk
    I remembered only that they said they won't release same lb vanity, but if they said same thing about recolors then rip

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I think we should let these OG sets be..
    No need to make other versions, the art team is making pretty good new vanities.
    The 2014 Og sets has a unique effect, instead of releasing the same vanities recolor, I would say that the art team should look at 2014 Lb vanities and take them as a reference to future designs.
    Like what made them so loveable?
    Unique?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    319 Posts

That medusa was an original concept for the vanity and if it was supposed to be appear in the game again it already would've happened.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freed View Post
    No need to make other versions, the art team is making pretty good new vanities.
    The 2014 Og sets has a unique effect, instead of releasing the same vanities recolor, I would say that the art team should look at 2014 Lb vanities and take them as a reference to future designs.
    Unique?
    Bruh I'll tell you an absolute fact : rarity , time , manipulation and inflation are behind them being so loved , currently devs are pumping out lb tradable vanities non stop , so in that case nothing is going to be that loveable ever.

Just my Opinion and observation, u are open to disagree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I won’t read all this but I saw

Lucky golem ->ice golem
    Lucky jack -> ice spirit

A common vanity and a recolored lb version, so why not

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Next thing you see the whole player base wears the same thing..

Id rather see 1 - 2 players popping up time to time wearing the og vanity rather than to see every rog with a bootleg every single day.

Make it or not idgaf, i dont have the original anyways too poor & im mage :P

12. The Following User Says Thank You to UwU123 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Would just make ppl mad and ngl they’re ugly anyways so -1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blvckvxmpy View Post
    Would just make ppl mad and ngl they’re ugly anyways so -1
    Yeah, sure...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freed View Post
    Unique?
    Pretty good new vanities? Maybe vanities from locks are good, but lb ones are usually very ugly.
    Well, someone said that sts confirmed thry won't make a recolor, but... They're known from changing decisions, like they nerfed haste in Lei Shen from 25 to 15% cuz "too op" and while after that they added heroic garlic...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UwU123 View Post
    Next thing you see the whole player base wears the same thing..

Id rather see 1 - 2 players popping up time to time wearing the og vanity rather than to see every rog with a bootleg every single day.

Make it or not idgaf, i dont have the original anyways too poor & im mage :P
    Whole? It would be just top 5/10 set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

recolored nittaewo set would be nice…

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah, sure...

I was talking about the recolored versions smart a$$

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blvckvxmpy View Post
    I was talking about the recolored versions smart a$$
    Yeah, sure, you definitely meant that
    Anyway, "they're ugly anyways" - how you can know that if they only posted a different medusa (which looks great in ny opinion, especially the eyes)?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Yeah, sure...

I think he meant the recolored ones lol which they are, in fact, ugly

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by takotako; 06-12-2023 at 07:53 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah, sure, you definitely meant that
    Anyway, "they're ugly anyways" - how you can know that if they only posted a different medusa (which looks great in ny opinion, especially the eyes)?
    I’ve seen fanmade recolored of the other versions and Medusa recolored is ugly, and even if I did say they’re ugly I meant if, I’d only buy it to make profit or flip it I’m not even a warrior I’m a rogue, stop making useless posts and unnecessary drama, just cause your family doesn’t give you enough attention at home doesn’t mean you should force the AL community to .