Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elixir Stacking

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Default Elixir Stacking

This post is in reply to this discussion: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Not-Stacking
    (I'm moving the issue to the technical issues, as it is a more appropriate forum.)

Hi folks,

I tested out this system using my closest approximation of the repro. steps provided. The results were that the system is working as expected.

Here are the repro. steps for my test case:
    1. I played as a level 70 Archer
    2. I played in Humania, Sandbar Lagoon
    3. I had the following elixir buffs active:
    - 7-day 2x XP
    - 24-hour 1.5x XP
    - 30 min. 2x combo elixir (applies several elixirs, including a 2x XP elixir)
    4. I killed the trash mobs closest to the Sandbar Lagoon dungeon entrance.

Here is the expected behavior (i.e. these are the results that I should get if the system is working properly):
    - Killing a single trash mob will grant you 6 XP.
    - If you remove the 2x XP 7-day elixir, you will get 4 XP per single trash mob.
    - If you remove the 30 min. 2x XP elixir, you will get an average of 1.5 XP points per kill.
    (That means, every other trash-mob kill will grant you 2 XP. For example: You kill one mob, he gives you 1 XP, you kill another he gives you 2. You kill the next mob, and he gives you 1 XP. The next mob kill gives you 2 XP, etc. etc.)
    - If you remove the 24-hour 1.5x XP blessing, you will get 1 XP per trash mob kill.

My repro steps yield the expected behavior. If you find that you do not encounter the same results, please let us know any differences between your play conditions and the repro. steps listed in my test case so we can track down your issue. Thanks VERY much to the folks who provided the bug info.!!

I'd like to clarify how this system should work:
    When individual elixirs stack, they get added together. So in my example, I had 2x, plus 1.5x, plus 2x, equaling a 5.5x XP multiplier. This is not to be confused with the elixirs multiplying out (i.e. 2x, times 1.5x, times 2x, equaling a 6x XP multiplier). It's a marginal difference, but still, a difference. Please also note, double/triple XP events do not use XP elixir stacking rules, as described here.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

What about damage and armor?

Does it stack or is 3x the maximum?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Question:
    I was thinking this ever since the daily blessing thing got activated.
    What if you have the following:
    2x Week-Long xp elix
    +3x COMBO BLESSING
    +4x Thrasher Pwnage Punch elix
    +Double XP weekend

If it multiplies then will it be 48x xp gain?
    If so then will it be 3x(combo blessing)+3x (thrasher damage) or will that ALSO multiply?
    I dont have enough plat,double xp or the need ro attempt this lol because I already capped ^^
    Any PROVEN response is HIGHLY appriciated ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaibab View Post
    Question:
    I was thinking this ever since the daily blessing thing got activated.
    What if you have the following:
    2x Week-Long xp elix
    +3x COMBO BLESSING
    +4x Thrasher Pwnage Punch elix
    +Double XP weekend

If it multiplies then will it be 48x xp gain?
    If so then will it be 3x(combo blessing)+3x (thrasher damage) or will that ALSO multiply?
    I dont have enough plat,double xp or the need ro attempt this lol because I already capped ^^
    Any PROVEN response is HIGHLY appriciated ^^
    Stack doesn't mean that it multiplies...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Excellent post. My experience just seemed a bit different. The XP seemed to be stacking but the armor and damage seemed like a regular 2x. With 3x or thrasher I can own Lagoon solo with no problem and not using many health pots. Just felt underpowered to me was all. It's kinda crazy how that extra 1x on there makes such a difference.

Im not sure what the damage and armor cap is, I assumed it was 4.5x, but maybe that's wrong. with the 1.5x blessing combo and a 2x store bought combo I was assuming to have 3.5x damage and armor, and should have been owning Lagoon as usual lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I think it doesnt apply to ARM, DMG, when i farm on my lvl 70 Bird with crafted tiki set, im dealing like 2-2,3k damage (crit) max to a trash mob (lvl 30) with 24h x3 elixir. Then i took a daily elixir over it, if it suppose to stack, i will deal max ~ (200-300) x (3+3) = (1200-1800) w/o crit and 2400-3600 w/ crit damages on the same mob (200-300 is aprox of my damage range). But i never seen anything higher than 2,3k damage, so i guess only Exp are stacking ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Soooooooo does it go 48x xp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    Excellent post. My experience just seemed a bit different. The XP seemed to be stacking but the armor and damage seemed like a regular 2x. With 3x or thrasher I can own Lagoon solo with no problem and not using many health pots. Just felt underpowered to me was all. It's kinda crazy how that extra 1x on there makes such a difference.

Im not sure what the damage and armor cap is, I assumed it was 4.5x, but maybe that's wrong. with the 1.5x blessing combo and a 2x store bought combo I was assuming to have 3.5x damage and armor, and should have been owning Lagoon as usual lol.
    Im not sure whether combos stacks def or atk. As far as i know 1.5x2=3

Ex-Ambassador Of Alterra
    Proud member of Turbo
    Whatever, life's still gonna move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vle_hoang:792790
    I think it doesnt apply to ARM, DMG, when i farm on my lvl 70 Bird with crafted tiki set, im dealing like 2-2,3k damage (crit) max to a trash mob (lvl 30) with 24h x3 elixir. Then i took a daily elixir over it, if it suppose to stack, i will deal max ~ (200-300) x (3+3) = (1200-1800) w/o crit and 2400-3600 w/ crit damages on the same mob (200-300 is aprox of my damage range). But i never seen anything higher than 2,3k damage, so i guess only Exp are stacking ?
    This!! It seem Atk and armor dont stack just go based on highest. I tested it on humanian mobs with the blessing on then bought a X2 combo (7 plat) and damage was same give or take 50. Also I was taking hits as if it was x3 and not x5.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

There is a cap on how much Armor and Damage you can have. If you have max. armor, you are as close to invincible as possible. I don't know the actual cap percentage, but from my tests it seems like it's a little over ~75% damage mitigation. Same goes for damage. If you have max damage, you are as powerful as possible. I don't know the exact multiplier cap, but my tests show that damage can be multiplied by slightly more than 3x.

So, there is a benefit to stacking armor and damage elixirs. They allow you to max. out your damage and armor. It is impossible to max. out damage and armor without either a double armor/damage weekend, or stacking elixirs.

One last thing to note - the benefit of stacking damage and armor is limited by the armor and damage caps. This comparison illustrates why:
    A. Stacking a thrasher on a 1.5x combo blessing will yield max. armor, max. damage, +25% speed, +30% luck, and 4.5x XP.
    B. Stacking a thrasher on a 3x combo blessing will yield max. armor, max. damage, +25% speed, +30% luck, and 6x XP.

I hope that clarifies some of your questions! (Now...back to making the expansion!!!!)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post

You add them together, rather than multiply them. So, a 1.5x damage blessing is 100% of your normal damage (1x), plus an extra 50% (.5x) - a total of 150% (1.5x). A 2x damage elixir takes 100% of your normal damage (1x), and adds on an additional 100% (1x) - a total of 200% (2x). A 1.5x damage blessing, plus a 2x damage elixir would be 100% of your normal damage (1x), plus and extra 50% (.5x), plus an additional 100% (1x) - a total of 250% (2.5x). You could get max. damage by stacking a 3x damage elixir, in this case.

If your normal damage is 100 and you buy a 2x elixir, the damage will be 200. If you get a 1.5x damage blessing on top of that, your damage will be 250.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Techno Email; 09-26-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Luck doesn't stack? Since I know luck has no cap (i.e. shamus gives 100% luck), I would think a thrasher plus a combo elixer would give you a 65% reroll chance (30 + 35). But in your example above, it says only 30%?? Thrasher by itself gives 35%, so I'm confused.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Luck doesn't stack? Since I know luck has no cap (i.e. shamus gives 100% luck), I would think a thrasher plus a combo elixer would give you a 65% reroll chance (30 + 35). But in your example above, it says only 30%?? Thrasher by itself gives 35%, so I'm confused.
    How's abouts that! Great question! I didn't think Luck stacked, but I just tested it and IT DOES! Sweeeet...

Loot Re-roll Chance caps out at 100%, so you can stack a 24-hour combo blessing (which includes luck) with purchased luck elixirs, to gain up to 100% Loot Re-roll Chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    How's abouts that! Great question! I didn't think Luck stacked, but I just tested it and IT DOES! Sweeeet...

Loot Re-roll Chance caps out at 100%, so you can stack a 24-hour combo blessing (which includes luck) with purchased luck elixirs, to gain up to 100% Loot Re-roll Chance.
    Awsome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Our Game developer didnt know luck stacked O.O hehe jk techno, ty for clearing that up, I was wondering about it..

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Hello technoemail

First of all, thx for testing it out <3
    Secondly, How much x XP would do the following stacking :

x2 XP Week long Elixir +
    x4 XP Trasher PWN Elixir +
    X3 Blessing Combo Elixir for 24h

Would it do :
    2+4+3 = x9 XP?
    or : 2x4x3 = x24 XP?
    or : 2x (4+3) = x14 XP?
    or : (2+4)3 = x18 XP?
    or : (2+3)4 = x20 XP?
    or : 2x3 + 4 = x10 XP?
    or : 2x4 + 3 = x11 XP?
    or : Something else? lol
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    Hello technoemail

First of all, thx for testing it out <3
    Secondly, How much x XP would do the following stacking :

x2 XP Week long Elixir +
    x4 XP Trasher PWN Elixir +
    X3 Blessing Combo Elixir for 24h

Would it do :
    2+4+3 = x9 XP?

it simply adds. So thrasher is 4x , 7 day is 2x, awesome daily is 3x, and double exp weekend is 2x. Therefore the MAX exp you can get is 11x
    or : 2x4x3 = x24 XP?
    or : 2x (4+3) = x14 XP?
    or : (2+4)3 = x18 XP?
    or : (2+3)4 = x20 XP?
    or : 2x3 + 4 = x10 XP?
    or : 2x4 + 3 = x11 XP?
    or : Something else? lol
    it simply adds. So thrasher is 4x , 7 day is 2x, awesome daily is 3x, and double exp weekend is 2x. Therefore the MAX exp you can get is 11x
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

You add them together, rather than multiply them. So, a 1.5x damage blessing is 100% of your normal damage (1x), plus an extra 50% (.5x) - a total of 150% (1.5x). A 2x damage elixir takes 100% of your normal damage (1x), and adds on an additional 100% (1x) - a total of 200% (2x). A 1.5x damage blessing, plus a 2x damage elixir would be 100% of your normal damage (1x), plus and extra 50% (.5x), plus an additional 100% (1x) - a total of 250% (2.5x). You could get max. damage by stacking a 3x damage elixir, in this case.

If your normal damage is 100 and you buy a 2x elixir, the damage will be 200. If you get a 1.5x damage blessing on top of that, your damage will be 250.

Hope that helps!

This explanation makes perfect sense now, thank you for taking the time and clarifying. If this is the case, what I was experiencing was accurate to 2.5x then.

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Techno, I emailed you. Per last nights experiment with stacking exp elixirs. Didn't seem to stack to 9x w 7 day, 3x blessing, and thrasher. Am I missing something? After over 30 mins of grinding I barely got 7k exp.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation