Thread: Why are people so bitter in DL?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle:794670
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:793931
    Quote Originally Posted by Growwle:793675
    Be less sensitive, what can they do, send you a message until you ignore them? Big deal.
    Lots of suicides happen from Cyber bullying so this can turn out, in the end, to have more than just sensitive consequences. I'm just saying that it's a bit bigger than you think.

"Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength"
    Suicides happen from mental instability. A mentally stable person can handle interacting with all kinds of people, even ones who upset or harrass you. If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal for any reason, you should get (or get them) medical help. Bottom line is that DL is a game for adults and adults should be able to get over comments from rude idiots.

Also, if you feel that someone is violating the TOS, then report them and put them on ignore.
    Then there are those caused by mass depression or guilt. Overall, we both agree to report and forget.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rolocoaster View Post
    Feliz Cumpleanos BloodGoddess!
    Gracias tío sois la caña!! ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Y is DL a 17+ game anyway? Im 13 i cant play cuz of that -_- and @the op: How did they know ur age? I wouldnt tell any stranger. Just ignore bullies like that....remember mute and report button are family!
    Believe it or not, DL is rated 12+ in the Apple store. Or at least it was when it released.

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Default Why are people so bitter in DL?

Happy Birthday BloodGoddess
    Hope you are enjoying your special day!!!
    "Always Be Yourself"
    "KOI & SP, will always be in my Heart"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Do what I do, stop talking to people. I've realized its mostly attention-starved kids, and even more irresponsible adults here. The few that really are stable are the ones who aren't trying to publicly talk about what they intend to do to each other.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aaroniero Arruruerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hi blood

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    Suicides happen from mental instability. A mentally stable person can handle interacting with all kinds of people, even ones who upset or harrass you. If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal for any reason, you should get (or get them) medical help. Bottom line is that DL is a game for adults and adults should be able to get over comments from rude idiots.

Also, if you feel that someone is violating the TOS, then report them and put them on ignore.
    Actually, I couldn't disagree more. O.o Seems like we continuously blame people's behavior more and more on "mental instability." What causes someone to be unstable in the first place?

Back to op. Coming from a younger generation's perspective, I've actually noticed that the most rude people I meet are around 11-13 years old and 18-21. Most adults are very, very nice to everyone. BloodGoddess, I wouldn't be surprised if these people who were being rude were a couple of college buddies or some little kids. I'm not sure why people feel the need to bring others down like that. If you need a dude to chill with, hit me up! I have only a couple friends in DL and I wouldn't mind some more like-minded people to hang with. :-)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Actually, I couldn't disagree more. O.o Seems like we continuously blame people's behavior more and more on "mental instability." What causes someone to be unstable in the first place?

Back to op. Coming from a younger generation's perspective, I've actually noticed that the most rude people I meet are around 11-13 years old and 18-21. Most adults are very, very nice to everyone. BloodGoddess, I wouldn't be surprised if these people who were being rude were a couple of college buddies or some little kids. I'm not sure why people feel the need to bring others down like that. If you need a dude to chill with, hit me up! I have only a couple friends in DL and I wouldn't mind some more like-minded people to hang with. :-)

They actually are college kids. Well, I'm not sure if they're in college, but they're old enough to be... You guys know the ones...