Thread: /New/ Hero assassin to stop botting for good + Possible Ans on plat prices now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation /New/ Hero assassin to stop botting for good + Possible Ans on plat prices now

Hello fellow Arlorians, it's been a very very very very veryyyyy long time since i made a thread like this but today as i was playing this nostalgic piece of mobile *and chrome store cough cough* history i've concocted a possible idea on how to put a complete end to botting forever and allow trade permits to once again become organically integrated within a players account.

I hereby present my absolute state-of-the-art piece that will make fans of the Mona Lisa & Leonardo Da Vinci question the integrity of arts and crafts shenanigans;

Please roll the drums......

rrrrrrrllllllllllll.......... Ta-da! Behold;

Name:  Hero assassin exhibit ab.png
Views: 488
Size:  81.5 KB

The solution to botting, now allow me to demonstrate the concept.

This hypothetical solution is titled "The Countless assassinations to come"

This feature will allow a special kind of mini/or full boss to randomly stalk you in maps relentlessly trying to assassinate you without hesitation, the boss will appear and forcefully engage you in a 1 Vs. 1 combat *without help* inside a arena that you cannot exit until the boss is bested. To further explain, it's like shuyal arena but if it was terrifyingly alive and followed you everywhere.

The boss also has the ability to throw traps around the ground in this tightly knit arena along with the ability to teleport away from you to dodge your maneuvers thus needing you to change your strategies. The boss is completely and utterly immune to status debuffs/stuns and what not. The boss will scale to your level and will be quite the formidable opponent as the assassin will ALSO disable your potion healings + Pet heals due to traps on the ground forcing you to heal in a timely fashion.

When the boss dies it drops:

Unlocked crates
    Eggs
    Vanities
    Mythic gears
    Jewels

Why is this assassin a sore hater of Arlorians?

Allow me to explain, this assassin appears and chases you after you've completed a certain quest for example Ydra Forest, you kill a quest-line monster that'll make Jarl contract an assassin to chase you everywhere in the game Except in some maps like hauntlet or gauntlets, and will only chase you in campaign-specific maps and not even in event zones

How do i know i'm being hunt down and are there more assassins?

There will be a special UI interface in your characters profile screen that you and other players can see the icons/names of assassins that are currently active and scheming your doom.

Now, just imagine the current feature that rotates our maps perspectives + The assassin arena? Bots will have a hard time moving about or the assassin kills them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A theory on why platinum prices have hiked sharply

It seems that Spacetime Studios is moving to a more liberal model when it comes to accessing locked crates and platinum coins.

Exhibit A: Allow me to explain, with the recent updates STS has been giving us a lot of unlocked crates to open for free for mere vendor tokens meaning more platinum drops and crate tokens available.
    Exhibit B: Unlocked crates may become the new method for a gold sink.
    Exhibit C: One of the developers have stated that they will add a daily reward system;

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    We're going to be replacing Klass and Shazbot with login rewards that show up in the lobby.

-ALS

Thank you everyone for taking your time to read, this is just one mans opinion on the current affairs of Arcane Legends and will need to be taken with a grain of salt. <3

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

does this assassin target afk people? cuz im afk alot in this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1 idk about Botting but this sure will be a fun addition to AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Reminds me of those random events Old School Runescape has to counter bots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fahtsssss View Post
    does this assassin target afk people? cuz im afk alot in this game
    We're going to need a lotta body bags then ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzyyyy View Post
    +1 idk about Botting but this sure will be a fun addition to AL
    Thanks bro, this idea was inspired by Warframe! Albeit probably better fit for a game like this than Warframe due to it's sheer size and consistency....

Quote Originally Posted by Blessful View Post
    Reminds me of those random events Old School Runescape has to counter bots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yes, Runescape has always had issues with bots but always experimented with methods that worked best. They always chose more miniscule solutions than a direct one which is what i think AL should strive for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Hello, is it possible to move this thread to the Suggestions/Feedback forum section? Thank you @Futumsh