Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2023-07-05 Content Update (304005)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Mending main mobile entod

Sent from my RMX3686 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Buff the kraken boss weapons too, if the boss health is increased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Did you add some hidden aps which give as reward a badge? Every of my character even the level 1 all now have received an additional badge + 10 badge aps.

Not complaining about additional aps, but it’s unusual.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    It's all very well everyone having their own theories about the whys and wherefores about what's happening. The only ones who can explain and put an end to speculation, by being up front and honest, are the developers.
    I'm sure most players would agree that the silence, apart from the robotic updates we are getting, is strange to say the least.
    Cinco always answered and explained queries in the past. What's changed?
    I just hope all is well with him, this is just not the same community we had. Communication is dead, not the game. Idk, maybe it's me overthinking but something's not quite right.
    Indeed honestly this is weirder than usual. Even the roadmap is gone and there's little to no comms.

I mean I don't mind the changes that much since the non portal bosses are unchanged. ( I mainly farm there)

But smt definitely feels off

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    It's all very well everyone having their own theories about the whys and wherefores about what's happening. The only ones who can explain and put an end to speculation, by being up front and honest, are the developers.
    I'm sure most players would agree that the silence, apart from the robotic updates we are getting, is strange to say the least.
    Cinco always answered and explained queries in the past. What's changed?
    I just hope all is well with him, this is just not the same community we had. Communication is dead, not the game. Idk, maybe it's me overthinking but something's not quite right.
    it looks like the game was bought by another company or changed direction, they ask that the forum be salable but with these changes I think it's impossible! good for me it's unplayable, good luck everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gigannte View Post
    it looks like the game was bought by another company or changed direction, they ask that the forum be salable but with these changes I think it's impossible! good for me it's unplayable, good luck everyone!
    Why is it unplayable? Everybody making less gold now. That’s it.

Results are less gold used for buying items. Means the price won’t fall tomorrow, but when someone wants to sell his kraken armor or whatever and needs the gold to buy smth else. When there’s no one left anymore to buy the armor for 200m. He will end up selling it for maybe 150m or less bc else no one would buy it. This will slowly set new prices in the next weeks/months. Doesn’t mean items stop rising. There’s always gonna be (we all know who) who is going to set his auto on x3 worth for a rare item. Either they will have to perma keep those items or sell for less. Or find someone who isn’t the brightest candle on the cake.

Just enjoy the deflation. We will be able to have an event like carnival back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's hard to level up now lmao

Sent from my RMX2103 using Tapatalk

Jdjd

Why health and mana potions now heal you slower or less hp? Why would you do that when 90% of players don t have kraken and upcoming map, catacombs will be harder for those who are very op?. I wonder the catacombs would be only for spectral and blessful playable. No brain here. If you developers where smart those changes would be added since the beginning of level 81, now you make all players mad and your game unplayable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    Why is it unplayable? Everybody making less gold now. That’s it.

Results are less gold used for buying items. Means the price won’t fall tomorrow, but when someone wants to sell his kraken armor or whatever and needs the gold to buy smth else. When there’s no one left anymore to buy the armor for 200m. He will end up selling it for maybe 150m or less bc else no one would buy it. This will slowly set new prices in the next weeks/months. Doesn’t mean items stop rising. There’s always gonna be (we all know who) who is going to set his auto on x3 worth for a rare item. Either they will have to perma keep those items or sell for less. Or find someone who isn’t the brightest candle on the cake.

Just enjoy the deflation. We will be able to have an event like carnival back then.

that wasn't the problem to fight the price of kraken, it was just them improving their loot in Massive lockeds! increasing the loot soon they drop in value!
    It's unplayable on portals! very high difficulties I don't have a strong closed team to go every time I log in, this seems to me a problem that the STS has to fight, not you, which has no importance in the game!

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #70
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,172 Posts

These most recent changes are meant to restore a modicum of strategy and challenge to the game, to shave off a tiny bit of inflation, apply a limit to how easy it is to level-up from max level to the new cap, and evaluate the general player base's preparedness for the Arcane Catacombs and the upcoming Level 86 expansion.

Potion changes are meant to restore a bit of strategy and provide a little headroom for future difficulty. I'm sure you are well aware of this already: monsters' damage abilities and decision-making speed have to account for auto-potions and potion effectiveness. Highly effective potions / auto-potion shrink the space we have to manage difficulty and yield monsters that aren't fun. They're either super tanky and not dangerous (i.e. 'boring'), or they're super tanky and able to insta-kill you (i.e. 'frustrating'). Adjusting the potions makes the game a tiny bit more interesting and gives us space for more challenging content in the Arcane Catacombs and the upcoming Level 86 campaign.

Difficulty changes to elite Zodias content were applied to make a minor adjustment to inflation and to encourage class cooperation. On the first point: we prepared another 'gold loot nerf' - but decided against releasing it because gold loot nerfs tend to be seen as unmitigated catastrophes. We decided that it would be more fun to adjust difficulty so that you could still get that gold if you had the gear, the team and the time to spend chasing after it. And on that second point: making endgame monsters more dangerous encourages groups to include Warriors. I do realize that it's not you here on the forums who exclude the ever-useful Warrior, but the general sense among more casual endgame players is that monster HP is the big focus and thus DPS and only DPS should be your party makeup. As an alternative to difficulty we considered making the portals require three players, one of each class - but this is also one of those things that (at least our forum) players tend to hate. Thus the difficulty change.

Quest XP changes were made to ensure that the race to the Level 86 cap is a tiny bit less cheesy than previous caps. It's not everything, of course but disallowing 100% XP reward from quests that are way, way below your level is going to trim off some of the cheese and add a little tiny bit of competition for those who want to collect the exclusive Level 86 'fast cap' rewards. This change also adds a lot of value (and potentially excitement) back to the "Levlar" event.

"What about new players (who farm elite endgame content)?"
    I say this: if you stick with it, you will eventually max out all of your gear on every toon in every account you own. You'll have all the Arcanes you want, with all the best Awakes and Jewels, and more gold than you could ever spend on wildly overpriced vanities if you keep after it. And yeah, I realize that making any adjustments to the game will risk your disappointment and possible departure... but I assert that these changes come from a place of optimism and respect for your capabilities.

Best wishes!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Then it's safe to assume that whoever made those store changes sure is very optimistic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    These most recent changes are meant to restore a modicum of strategy and challenge to the game, to shave off a tiny bit of inflation, apply a limit to how easy it is to level-up from max level to the new cap, and evaluate the general player base's preparedness for the Arcane Catacombs and the upcoming Level 86 expansion.

Potion changes are meant to restore a bit of strategy and provide a little headroom for future difficulty. I'm sure you are well aware of this already: monsters' damage abilities and decision-making speed have to account for auto-potions and potion effectiveness. Highly effective potions / auto-potion shrink the space we have to manage difficulty and yield monsters that aren't fun. They're either super tanky and not dangerous (i.e. 'boring'), or they're super tanky and able to insta-kill you (i.e. 'frustrating'). Adjusting the potions makes the game a tiny bit more interesting and gives us space for more challenging content in the Arcane Catacombs and the upcoming Level 86 campaign.

Difficulty changes to elite Zodias content were applied to make a minor adjustment to inflation and to encourage class cooperation. On the first point: we prepared another 'gold loot nerf' - but decided against releasing it because gold loot nerfs tend to be seen as unmitigated catastrophes. We decided that it would be more fun to adjust difficulty so that you could still get that gold if you had the gear, the team and the time to spend chasing after it. And on that second point: making endgame monsters more dangerous encourages groups to include Warriors. I do realize that it's not you here on the forums who exclude the ever-useful Warrior, but the general sense among more casual endgame players is that monster HP is the big focus and thus DPS and only DPS should be your party makeup. As an alternative to difficulty we considered making the portals require three players, one of each class - but this is also one of those things that (at least our forum) players tend to hate. Thus the difficulty change.

Quest XP changes were made to ensure that the race to the Level 86 cap is a tiny bit less cheesy than previous caps. It's not everything, of course but disallowing 100% XP reward from quests that are way, way below your level is going to trim off some of the cheese and add a little tiny bit of competition for those who want to collect the exclusive Level 86 'fast cap' rewards. This change also adds a lot of value (and potentially excitement) back to the "Levlar" event.

I say this: if you stick with it, you will eventually max out all of your gear on every toon in every account you own. You'll have all the Arcanes you want, with all the best Awakes and Jewels, and more gold than you could ever spend on wildly overpriced vanities if you keep after it. And yeah, I realize that making any adjustments to the game will risk your disappointment and possible departure... but I assert that these changes come from a place of optimism and respect for your capabilities.

Best wishes!
    I don’t dislike the difficulty improvement but in fact it is just about more HP.
    They didn’t get any new mechanics that target or idk. So it is again about only dealing more damage to the portal bosses… I finally managed to get enough gear and find new combos to permit warrior to at least do enough for 1st phase (with a little buff it would be decent) and a new HP buff destroys all this efforts. Moreover now that the boss has more HP we can see that rogue/mage with equal gear to warrior in terms of based stats do x2/x3 times more damage so we really feel the damage gap that became more meaningful in elite and LB maps cause now they are really needed to complete the boss now and war did not gain any utility change in the famous « tanking » every people contradicting the dmg need on war. I talked about it in another thread but idk if you saw it. It is the same with LB bosses.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I’d like to share an old video for those, that complain the game is hard.

https://youtu.be/FglShwNG7nE

This is what it used to be like. It was hard. It was really hard even with the best gear. You could run for an hour and keep getting trash items, so be happy for that gold loot y’all have!
    <Elite Runners>

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apocalyptis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalyptis View Post

This is what it used to be like. It was hard. It was really hard even with the best gear. You could run for an hour and keep getting trash items, so be happy for that gold loot y’all have!
    I personnaly dislike gold loot on bosses I would prefer a system on gold farm on quests and chests where gold loot can affect. And only play bosses for low amount of gold and nice chances to drop something (Nice mean decent not op and not too low). Upgrading reputation to get something from vendors. That’s the real fun in mmo not spamming braindeadly a boss for some good gold after few sec.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Best wishes!
    Thanks for detailed explanations. It really helps put some of the changes into perspective.

Just don't make the normal maps too hard, as it really does take awhile to reach end game.

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Best wishes!
    The problem is; you can't expect cooperation from mages and rogues. Once again, warriors have been completely trashed.
    After I spent nearly a billion gold to be competent enough in e rahab as a warrior, you come and decide to buff the elite rahab, that's simply not ok. Seems like I'll have to make yet another switch to rogue/mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Ah, these are the good old elite days! No equipment set up swaps, no gold loot, no ankhs for revive, and often times once you factor in potions used, you run hours and into the negatives!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

@ cinco imho your explanations just shows how few yk your own game and player base. The few people commenting on forum can't represent the majority of players that log every day and make your game "alive". Any of us that play regularly erahab could tell you this buff would just damage the "war situation" (even i see no such thing cause my teammate is always a war or even 2), only you can't figure this. And ofc i agree, eventually everybody can achieve any goals in game but of how many daily hours we talking here? Sounds just another wink on spending tons of plats tbh. Rahab and erahab were the only thing making game alive cause the time invested was paying you back for your efforts. Esanc is fine but so bugged, zavier would have been decent but glitching and scamming plat with weird portal mechanic and i could keep going on. I mean no offense tbh, just even after your so called explanations, i can't fully understand these decisions

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sulphurea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdjd View Post
    Why health and mana potions now heal you slower or less hp? Why would you do that when 90% of players don t have kraken and upcoming map, catacombs will be harder for those who are very op?. I wonder the catacombs would be only for spectral and blessful playable. No brain here. If you developers where smart those changes would be added since the beginning of level 81, now you make all players mad and your game unplayable.
    lot of nabs have kraken only ppl who dont play enough don't have enough gold for kraken, they had enough time to gather the necessary gold

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    523 Posts

I remember it well. Also, crafting planar pendant level 41, think I was around level 43 when I managed it. The planar arena and planar tombs at that level is the reason I have so many deaths on kdr. We "parked" mobs, usually a warrior did the parking in our team. Also Alpha wolf was not killed in a few seconds like it is now.
    The game was not just about gold back then, it was about teamwork and having fun. Granted we did farm kraken mine three for locked crates and elite Rooks for Malison, Wrathjaw and snaggletooth was elite mage mine.
    Doing the Sigrun quest for Cinder. We didn't have op gears and the best pet for twink PvP rogue was meep-moop.
    We could also farm locks in the goldmine by waiting for all the bosses to spawn by the portal.
    No ankhs, only plat could revive.
    Thanks for the reminder of what it used to be like. Bitter sweet memories.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post: