Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2023-07-05 Content Update (304005)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Victimzz View Post
    As a software developer myself, I think this is not a valid reason to push something which is a factor and a crucial thing to a current module. One instance is this. You see Level and Seasonal Rank is interconnected to each other which means experience is a crucial part of this formula. Another thing is, they pushed this in the middle of an ongoing season which gave a huge advantage to a percentage of population. This is not healthy. It might be good if they atleast gave a heads up in the forums atleast people are aware and can set their priorities. Thank you for your feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    its literally the first week and seasonals r done with aps they wanted to do way before the season ends, u will manage lvling up just fine
    ye its a disadvantage, but a minor inconvenience at best

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LichKing1 View Post
    its literally the first week and seasonals r done with aps they wanted to do way before the season ends, u will manage lvling up just fine
    ye its a disadvantage, but a minor inconvenience at best

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    That does not make it a good practice, there are reasons for not doing things like that..

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #103
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    That does not make it a good practice, there are reasons for not doing things like that..
    Which is why we suspended the LB 'til the changes were ready to go live.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    sure but not all updates can be waiting 90days for new season...

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    So now I have to find a new place to escape from the stress of real life.
    I'll go and re-read the 2023 letter to the community, I obviously misread it first time around.
    📖
    Your not the only one questioning their reading comprehension skills. This year is 1/2 over and more disappointing than ever. If Jarls’ housing isn’t as resounding smash, (considering last one was a rerun flop) I’m sticking a fork in this game
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

What about new players (who farm elite endgame content)?"
    I say this: if you stick with it, you will eventually max out all of your gear on every toon in every account you own. You'll have all the Arcanes you want, with all the best Awakes and Jewels, and more gold than you could ever spend on wildly overpriced vanities if you keep after it. And yeah, I realize that making any adjustments to the game will risk your disappointment and possible departure... but I assert that these changes come from a place of optimism and respect for your capabilities.

Best wishes!

I’ve been playing for 9 years. All my toons are not maxed, never had maxed gold. I did have an arc dragon dagger once.
    If arcane is the only way to play successfully, stop introducing set gears such as the Holley set. I, unfortunately, invested in it. Of course I didn’t loot any of it, had to buy from others. Invested in awakens for it. A speed set? Not hardly. Can’t keep up farming in KT4? Stop selling snake oil. Best awakes.. loling the rest of the day.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Maybe Laberynt Event <3

Enviado desde mi SM-A217M mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

17+ hours into Ekenta and rahab is only half way open. People are already playing much less. Do you guys need more proof this zodias change was unnecessary? The game wasn’t broken, but you broke it anyway. It’s not the loss of gold that’s the problem, it’s the loss of content. There’s nothing to do in the game right now, which is why people aren’t playing. Rahab was one of the main reasons people still played or even logged on to the game. You killed deep marsh, you killed evg, you killed sunken, now you kill all portal bosses. Why? Now what’s there to do?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

no rahab , worst event , no purpose to play at all for a week. (except pvp) sts giving us a breather guys we should thank em even.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Good going devs. Way to **** up the game. Bad enough inventory cost plat. Now my zaar set useless. Now it's p2w.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

I really did think we had turned the corner when you, Cinco, replied to us. I can't stand to see what is happening to your loyal and "valued" customers. By the way, Spacetime Studios are the ones who did coin that phrase, "valued".
    Well we're not being treated as valued now are we?
    Still we remained faithful to the game, despite everything you have thrown at us in just a few weeks but the tide is turning now.
    Still wondering when Phase 2 will eventually arrive, you sent it by pigeon post? I'm not going to go into all the bad stuff because it's all been said on most of the feedbacks.
    The main mistake is the slots update in my opinion. There are others but why you chose to fix something that wasn't even broken is beyond me.
    The game was ok, yes, inflation was high but why punish new players and hardcore? Everything bad seems to be aimed at free to play and new players.
    If you think that everyone will now pay to play you are sadly mistaken. That won't happen and in some cases is impossible to happen.
    I'm not a new player and never play on my hardcore and do have the kraken, so there is only one reason I'm posting this..sheer altruism. I can't stand to see the disappointment ingame. Please come ingame with nothing, start from scratch and see for yourself. I can't gift people with stuff because they don't have enough inventory, stash or auction slots to accept, play and sell stuff. I can't be expected to purchase inventory slots for new players and my friends now. I did used to purchase orc sacks and gift those so that they could get further into the game but that's a lot different from paying millions.
    This game has changed and evolved and you did that. Now you are taking away all that you gave. As for rahab, making it really difficult would have been ok if players had anything else to do. There's..nothing..to..do.
    Please reconsider some of the things you have changed, I'm not being angry, just disheartened and more..hurt that I trusted the developers and believed in the 2023 letter to the community. Soon there will be no community. This game has been an escape from the stress of everyday life for many people. That was also another promise made five years ago by STS.
    I have to sign off, my joints ache with all the begging on bended knees for you to reconsider. I'll doff my newspaper cap to you and say cheerio for now.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mage_101 View Post
    17+ hours into Ekenta and rahab is only half way open. People are already playing much less. Do you guys need more proof this zodias change was unnecessary? The game wasn’t broken, but you broke it anyway. It’s not the loss of gold that’s the problem, it’s the loss of content. There’s nothing to do in the game right now, which is why people aren’t playing. Rahab was one of the main reasons people still played or even logged on to the game. You killed deep marsh, you killed evg, you killed sunken, now you kill all portal bosses. Why? Now what’s there to do?
    Totally broke!

Sent from my RMX3630 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Sorry in advance for people who don’t like long posts xD But you might agree on it.
    I don't really post a lot on forums unless something really concerning starts to happen in the game. The feeling of disappointment among active players is real atm.

I've been playing AL since around 2014 and mistakes were made throughout obviously. Now I am not a dev so I don't know what benefits them more, so I can only give a player's point of view.

2 Major Decisions in updates that I think are the root of the current state of problems:

The first time, a really unsettling change that I ever felt was the addition of awakening system on gears. I am not denying the fact that it has the potential to make the game more interesting and open to a lot more possibilities but you decided to benefit platinum users a lot more than non-platinum users.
    I am not saying that you should have opt-out in-game purchases entirely. But you made the advantage extremely apparent, we couldn't help but start to call the game Pay to play from that point onwards.

It's pretty easy to make a decision of this sort looking at the fact that 90% of the world's population can't afford to pay for every kind of entertainment they desire.

I personally think that normal pvp started to meet its demise slowly after awakening system. and honestly if you notice, even today, all the problems we face are rooted to that in one way or another.

"Ok well that's an old story, we got new problems now, dumb to mention it again, we've come far from that."
    So Here's my opinion on why are we dealing with all this current mess today...

The second really unsettling change was brought about Last Winter, I don't know what was the thought behind giving away almost free Gold Loot sets. Maybe a revolutionary step to make the game less pay-to-play? I appreciate the thought but it needed more thinking put into it.
    We could see the disaster it was going to cause in the shape of inflation we're dealing with today, I am surprised none of the devs saw it coming.

Now look at the updates and tests you're trying to do just to cover up the problematic decision you guys made back then. It's causing discomfort on a fairly larger scale. Making it even more difficult for people to play who were barely hanging on to it already. Your 80% of player base, who is not willing to Pay, is getting forced to give up on the game more than ever.

The kind of difficulty you're trying to achieve now, made sense back in the old days. Now with the current situation we're on, it's just taking the last breaths out.
    If you properly look into it, The "Stick with it" for 80% of non-paying new players you mentioned, needs months and years if they got a life to live, no one got the patience that long in a fast-paced world and time today.

On the positive side, it's just a game. players can just quit at worse. But for developers who got hold of everything and every decision, the game's success affects them most obviously, they can make it Good and or make it Bad anytime. With Proper planning using all the facts and figures and far sighting in the future can still make AL a really great game.
    Try to improve but not like this please xD If you're fed up with the game and don't want to do a lot then you know better about what you guys are doing.

Good Luck! Peace Out <3

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raziast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I really did think we had turned the corner when you, Cinco, replied to us. I can't stand to see what is happening to your loyal and "valued" customers. By the way, Spacetime Studios are the ones who did coin that phrase, "valued".
    Still we remained faithful to the game, despite everything you have thrown at us in just a few weeks but the tide is turning now.
    Still wondering when Phase 2 will eventually arrive, you sent it by pigeon post? I'm not going to go into all the bad stuff because it's all been said on most of the feedbacks.
    The main mistake is the slots update in my opinion. There are others but why you chose to fix something that wasn't even broken is beyond me.
    The game was ok, yes, inflation was high but why punish new players and hardcore? Everything bad seems to be aimed at free to play and new players.
    If you think that everyone will now pay to play you are sadly mistaken. That won't happen and in some cases is impossible to happen.
    I'm not a new player and never play on my hardcore and do have the kraken, so there is only one reason I'm posting this..sheer altruism. I can't stand to see the disappointment ingame. Please come ingame with nothing, start from scratch and see for yourself. I can't gift people with stuff because they don't have enough inventory, stash or auction slots to accept, play and sell stuff. I can't be expected to purchase inventory slots for new players and my friends now. I did used to purchase orc sacks and gift those so that they could get further into the game but that's a lot different from paying millions.
    This game has changed and evolved and you did that. Now you are taking away all that you gave. As for rahab, making it really difficult would have been ok if players had anything else to do. There's..nothing..to..do.
    Please reconsider some of the things you have changed, I'm not being angry, just disheartened and more..hurt that I trusted the developers and believed in the 2023 letter to the community. Soon there will be no community. This game has been an escape from the stress of everyday life for many people. That was also another promise made five years ago by STS.
    I have to sign off, my joints ache with all the begging on bended knees for you to reconsider. I'll doff my newspaper cap to you and say cheerio for now.
    +10 to that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Bump this.

She pretty much said everything, this game is done. The beginning of the end part was that damn store changes with the purchasable slots from tokens vendors.

You can have your Catacombs or whatever comes next week. I'm done with this game, all my guildies already left the game for good weeks ago after the store update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

60 runs on nordr and only got 1 elite box. Imma quit this sh1tty game. Can't rahab, Too long on ekenta, too op mob dmg on sunken, and now even elite golden chest drop rate sucks even when i have 100% luck. You devs suck. Your games NOW sucks too. Thankyou for the 9years.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cabalrhys For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

AL is still the best . keep up the good work guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Megatr0n View Post
    AL is still the best . keep up the good work guys

In your dream

Sent from my RMX2103 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

AL is a great game it just needs to be more new player friendly and have youtube ads to grow the player base. Think of arcane legends like a black hole and the player base its disc. The aim should be to keep that growing but due to hawking radiation the black hole looses some mass so to prevent that we need more players to keep the game growing at a rate where old players who quit are Minor in Comparison to the growth of the game and player base.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

no good