Thread: Collectible culture

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default Collectible culture

Now that gears aren’t any longer considered as collectibles , are vanities to be considered as the new generation of collectibles and will they retain and increase in value like gear collectibles used to in the past , What are some good collectible vanities under 100m and under 10m that actually look rare and are rare and have proper naming and descriptions ?

Let me know what you guys think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I think some people are so absorbed into making gold and always getting ahead that they forget they are even playing a game. If this topic is all someone can talk about then they got bigger issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    I think some people are so absorbed into making gold and always getting ahead that they forget they are even playing a game. If this topic is all someone can talk about then they got bigger issues.
    Well , I consider this game more of a social game rather than something worth playing. If you’re looking for a game that’s actually worth playing, there are options that are insanely better than Arcane Legends. Features like trading, housing, and vanities are the core part of the game. Playing PvE maps and doing PvP is not very engaging because it feels like you’re just spamming skills without much thought. It doesn’t require much skill to play the game; it just requires spamming and dead brains who like to play like a bot. This is an absolute fact !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Well , I consider this game more of a social game rather than something worth playing. If you’re looking for a game that’s actually worth playing, there are options that are insanely better than Arcane Legends. Features like trading, housing, and vanities are the core part of the game. Playing PvE maps and doing PvP is not very engaging because it feels like you’re just spamming skills without much thought. It doesn’t require much skill to play the game; it just requires spamming and dead brains who like to play like a bot. This is an absolute fact !
    Honestly i myself used to play the game a lot but then I came to the realisation that it's not worth it , it's better to play it more casually as a social game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I've always just collected what I thought was pretty/neat. I consider items in the game like artwork and my collection like a museum. Don't ever look at the price as some items you thought would go up crashed down hard, and things you thought were ugly ended up costing a pretty penny down the road. Do it because you enjoy it, not to make gold.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I've always just collected what I thought was pretty/neat. I consider items in the game like artwork and my collection like a museum. Don't ever look at the price as some items you thought would go up crashed down hard, and things you thought were ugly ended up costing a pretty penny down the road. Do it because you enjoy it, not to make gold.
    These are wise words!
    It's a game, a mobile game. I enjoy play AL since the end of 2013, with many breaks through out the years. Came back to the game almost 1 month ago after a 2 years break and i dont feel the same mood whyle playing tbh.
    Yes, there r still good friends, even if many of em have retired and dont play anymore. Friends, the social aspect of the game, are still the main reason of my came back, and i have enough gold to gear up and run endgame content.
    I know all is revolving (nowadays a lot more than in the past) around making gold, but it's a drill, a lullaby, and it starts looking like a second job, an endless and boring job. So, i agree 100%, enjoy the game, the class u play, the vanity design u love the most, without thinking at it like an investment, a job.
    If u do what you love and collect what you like I can guarantee you wont be never disappointed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

You are actually pretty right !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

You are pretty right , but predicting which items will rise or fall in value and making strategic decisions while spending gold is fun. One of the main reasons why many people enjoy playing the game is because there is a strategy involved in items rising and falling in price .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

You are pretty right , but predicting which items will rise or fall in value and making strategic decisions while spending gold is fun. One of the main reasons why many people enjoy playing the game is because there is a strategy involved in items rising and falling in price .
    Ye that’s one of the main core strategic and fun parts of the game . It’s a fun trading , housing and socializing game mostly .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Now that gears aren’t any longer considered as collectibles , are vanities to be considered as the new generation of collectibles and will they retain and increase in value like gear collectibles used to in the past , What are some good collectible vanities under 100m and under 10m that actually look rare and are rare and have proper naming and descriptions ?

Let me know what you guys think
    Vanities have always been collectable but yea now that forgotten event started the collecting of equip has fallen off for sure. As far as what vanities to collect its hit and miss. Like someone said its usually something noone wants at first that turns into a rare thing. People start noticing that there arent many of them around and start wanting them--- but this takes alot of time to happen.

Any vanity that was originally sold for plat is usually a good investment. maybe not worth a fortune but usually holds a decent value. I usually let others spend plat on them and at first they flood the market and i buy with gold. The price usually starts climbing after a few weeks. Not always but usually.

Anything white in color seems to be a hit more so than any other color. dunno why but even cheaper sets with multiple color versions white is always more pricey.

Then just playing for a longtime you start to get a feel for something that is going to go over well.

thats about all I can tell you.
    hope it helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    Vanities have always been collectable but yea now that forgotten event started the collecting of equip has fallen off for sure. As far as what vanities to collect its hit and miss. Like someone said its usually something noone wants at first that turns into a rare thing. People start noticing that there arent many of them around and start wanting them--- but this takes alot of time to happen.

Any vanity that was originally sold for plat is usually a good investment. maybe not worth a fortune but usually holds a decent value. I usually let others spend plat on them and at first they flood the market and i buy with gold. The price usually starts climbing after a few weeks. Not always but usually.

Anything white in color seems to be a hit more so than any other color. dunno why but even cheaper sets with multiple color versions white is always more pricey.

Then just playing for a longtime you start to get a feel for something that is going to go over well.

thats about all I can tell you.
    hope it helps.
    Thanks for the advice

Btw ye white colored vanity options are literally almost non existent in the game right now thats why they might be very expensive , hopefully they release some cool looking white color vanities, white version of mage grim reaper vanity set / white colored founder even would look great , even warrior and rogue could get some great white colored vanities .