Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Actually the max lvl is really high I remember when I started this game in 2013-2014 and abandoned it cause the leveling was awfull. I made some toons to lvl 34 at most. Back then there were no xp from quests the leveling was essentially mobkill.
    Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and added xp from quests so I came back when we could lvl up from quests and did most of the storyline. Then I gave up again arround lvl 40. And finally when I came back two years ago I was surprised by the new system including dailies to lvl up. It’s cool yeah cause you can reach max level.
    But I think that dailies shouldn’t be the main lvling tool. If a system where storyline quests and some side quests (not all but maybe 4/6 per map) are enough to lvl up to the next map requirement level and give some decent gear for leveling then it would be better.
    Take time to rework your lore and quests so leveling would not be see as a pain in the feet of low level players but an agréable experience and the players would not use their trash -20 leg gear.

Moreover every gear is « trash » at lvl 81 if it’s bellow mythic level cause of the « dmg proc meta ».

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tekila View Post
    Actually the max lvl is really high I remember when I started this game in 2013-2014 and abandoned it cause the leveling was awfull. I made some toons to lvl 34 at most. Back then there were no xp from quests the leveling was essentially mobkill.
    Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and added xp from quests so I came back when we could lvl up from quests and did most of the storyline. Then I gave up again arround lvl 40. And finally when I came back two years ago I was surprised by the new system including dailies to lvl up. It’s cool yeah cause you can reach max level.
    But I think that dailies shouldn’t be the main lvling tool. If a system where storyline quests and some side quests (not all but maybe 4/6 per map) are enough to lvl up to the next map requirement level and give some decent gear for leveling then it would be better.
    Take time to rework your lore and quests so leveling would not be see as a pain in the feet of low level players but an agréable experience and the players would not use their trash -20 leg gear.

Moreover every gear is « trash » at lvl 81 if it’s bellow mythic level cause of the « dmg proc meta ».

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Hmmm. Re: Daily Quests - I disagree. Getting most of your XP from one-shot quests makes the power gap tons worse - you'll outlevel the content with no good gear and be rocking -35 gears (or more). Daily quest inflow of XP at appropriate levels gives you the best chance to loot appropriate stuff.

Please take no offense and thanks for your feedback!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

From all comments I have seen..
    All my advice is just try to download your own game and play it form level 1. Please…Then you will understand why..or just ask your whole team download it and play together..Maybe it will helps more cause you will be soloing the map without anyone..
    The inventory as well. Just maybe download the game and try to play it until 81…maybe we set a time duration for it..? Or maybe you should just spend the plats for it..Cause the progress is very boring..

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zejun0921 View Post
    From all comments I have seen..
    All my advice is just try to download your own game and play it form level 1. Please…Then you will understand why..or just ask your whole team download it and play together..Maybe it will helps more cause you will be soloing the map without anyone..
    We play the game from Level 1 multiple times every month and especially when there are changes that affect new / low-level players. I enjoy the slower leveling but I've been playing AL longer than anyone in the world... just not (ever) in the context of competing with other players.

On a daily basis we developers play the game 6 to 10 hours (solo). I tend to play upwards of 8 to 12 and I've been doing this for over a decade.

But in all honesty and transparency, while I know the game itself I'm not in competition to reach LB, to collect gold, to buy a specific vanity, to earn my way into a specific guild, or any of the class-rivalry stuff that dominates Arcane Legends (like any successful MMO).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Still the inventory issue…if you never tried to farm. Just try maybe..maybe you can earn 2.5m without any gold loot gears for weeks just to buy the 25 inventory slots from the auc…ohh wait..or you actually can buy with 25 plats for 25 inventory slots…ahahaha funny…
    Let me calculate If I try to farm old normal rahab that take me long time to kill it for 7k per run… I need 357 runs to get the 2.5m gold… and just for the jesus 25 super rare inventory slots…
    And now normal rahab is like standard elite rahab means I need to take even more times to farm like a crazy mtfk for the lb super rare 25 inventory slots…Or I actually should just spend my rl money to buy the plats maybe…maybe that’s what you guys wanted right..?

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Still the inventory issue…if you never tried to farm. Just try maybe..maybe you can earn 2.5m without any gold loot gears for weeks just to buy the 25 inventory slots from the auc…ohh wait..or you actually can buy with 25 plats for 25 inventory slots…ahahaha funny…
    Let me calculate If I try to farm old normal rahab that take me long time to kill it for 7k per run… I need 357 runs to get the 2.5m gold… and just for the jesus 25 super rare inventory slots…
    And now normal rahab is like standard elite rahab means I need to take even more times to farm like a crazy mtfk for the lb super rare 25 inventory slots…Or I actually should just spend my rl money to buy the plats maybe…maybe that’s what you guys want ed it …
    Yeah. I never buy the additional inventory when I test ...for work ...every day ...for years.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Yea.. maybe you should try to run 14280 times of the rahab..wait I mean the old normal rahab..for full inventory slots maybe..just run and try how many matches you played and your inventory can’t breath. Inventory life matter…
    Yea like you said maybe you enjoy the progress and that’s your own perspective..I won’t judge.. but how about us brooo…we don’t needed to develop game.. we just only can play the game..and it’s suffer for warrior nowadays.. there are all arrogant rouge and mage just talking sh*t to you cause you don’t even have a inventory slots that pass 50 and you can’t even play smoothly bro..and all my gold can just go on inventory slots.. I don’t need to buy any gears to farm

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Yea.. maybe you should try to run 14280 times of the rahab..wait I mean the old normal rahab..for full inventory slots maybe..just run and try how many matches you played and your inventory can’t breath. Inventory life matter…
    Yea like you said maybe you enjoy the progress and that’s your own perspective..I won’t judge.. but how about us brooo…we don’t needed to develop game.. we just only can play the game..and it’s suffer for warrior nowadays.. there are all arrogant rouge and mage just talking sh*t to you cause you don’t even have a inventory slots that pass 50 and you can’t even play smoothly bro..and all my gold can just go on inventory slots.. I don’t need to buy any gears to farm
    I do like the leveling and thanks for not judging.

Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

I know I said I would leave you all alone now but this is getting too argumentative.
    Cinco, can you please say what phase 2 may mean for the new players yet?
    Will they be looked after with regards to inventory slots?
    It's not an unreasonable question. Hope you can answer soon, even though I never get a reply.
    I wonder what I should use my power of invisibility for? 🤔.
    Regards from a non-arrogant rogue who doesn't discriminate against warriors.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

i understand both sides.

my opinion: add farmable level 46/56 arcane, or something else capable of being useful in swamp to prevent death

and overall more opportunities for new players to earn more gold to buy them

see below: a graph representing player level vs farmable content
    the diagonal line should be straight for the best experience
    Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 492
Size:  15.6 KB
    farmable content is defined by player level/power level multiplied by how much gold can be earned

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Possible fix to the leveling issue for example completing quest at your level 100% xp
    1-5 levels below you 75% xp
    6-10 levels below 50% xp
    11-15 levels below 25% xp
    Everything below that 10%xp

Just an example but something like this would slow down end gamers for next expansion
    Do with it what you will

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Default L50-L70 levelling

forwarded from a post in general discussion, let me know what you think

j

Name:  2023-07-08 22_15_58-@Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now. - Page 2 - Opera.png
Views: 411
Size:  39.2 KB

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

There are powerful Legendary items and (recently) Mythic bracelets at that level... but I see your point.

I'll put it on my list. No promises! But it will be taken under consideration :-)
    | | | |

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Cinco on this post...

I was leveling alt's to 81 in just a few hours. Maximum of 4 hours from level 1->81...

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Delouis Ball For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation The current state of Arcane Legends in 2023

So far we've recently been given a substantial amount of updates that are highly controversial, for easy digesting here's a list;

1. Stash/Inventory slots for tokens have been removed and attained heavier monetization.

2. Quest experience points have been nerfed super hard.

3. The health of zodias portal bosses have been given a whopping 300% HP buff, locking Lv81 zaar mythic set players out entirely. Now it's all kraken players.

Not only that, we are getting an Arcane Catacombs dungeon. This'll be beatable by kraken players.

The latter conclusion so far, this game will punish you very harshly for not owning an arcane weapon that's hyper inflated to 100m gold. And before anyone says i'm complaining because i can't afford krakens that simply isn't true. I'm merely waiting for the prices to drop as 100m gold for a single piece of gear is grotesquely inflated.

So, to cut to the chase... What is the ultimate endgame Spacetime Studios? What are you guys planning? Why such updates now when the Lv86 expansion is months away?
    Please, we will appreciate clarification as i'm starting to see drastic changes in maps such as Zodias being a ghost town when portals are open.

Thank you for reading and taking your time to give Arcane Legends content.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

What's an appropriate price for a Kraken weapon in your opinion?
    | | | |

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Maybe they are getting players dissatisfied with AL so that when they launch their new Legends game people will join in higher numbers since they'll not be too happy with AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    What's an appropriate price for a Kraken weapon in your opinion?
    50m-30m gold is fair enough.

24.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    50-30m gold is fair enough.
    Cool. Thanks for your honest answer.

Where do you get that figure though? Is it about the amount of time you spent to accumulate that much gold or does it have more to do with principle (insofar as 100+ is just *too much*). Alternatively, is this a statement that inflation is running away and you're not going to participate in the continuation of OP pricing for essential gears, etc.?
    | | | |

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Cool. Thanks for your honest answer.

Where do you get that figure though? Is it about the amount of time you spent to accumulate that much gold or does it have more to do with principle (insofar as 100+ is just *too much*). Alternatively, is this a statement that inflation is running away and you're not going to participate in the continuation of OP pricing for essential gears, etc.?
    Skull dozer shield/sword weapons were 30m gold when they were still relevant and dropped to 17m at the time even though they gave huge damage/haste buffs in the midst of Vardan Valleys peak.