Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    You're not going to agree with me - and that's cool... but a slower leveling experience is not a bad thing for the game overall. Obviously there are risks to making things balanced with respect to Quest XP (i.e. you really shouldn't be getting full XP for a Quest that isn't even remotely challenging) but there are upsides as well. In particular, spending more time grinding gears will avoid some of the huge power gap problems we have in 71+

Again, given the tenor of the forums and the basis of your post I expect you'll vehemently disagree - and I do respect that :-)

Best wishes!
    I like grinding for exp but the inventory slot must be put back. If yall need some extra cash do a battle pass. And make sure its also tradable so the free to play players can purchase it from plat buyers in exchange for gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Luckycharmx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

You're not going to agree with me - and that's cool... but a slower leveling experience is not a bad thing for the game overall. Obviously there are risks to making things balanced with respect to Quest XP (i.e. you really shouldn't be getting full XP for a Quest that isn't even remotely challenging) but there are upsides as well. In particular, spending more time grinding gears will avoid some of the huge power gap problems we have in 71+

Again, given the tenor of the forums and the basis of your post I expect you'll vehemently disagree - and I do respect that :-)

Best wishes!
    That is true only if the game was more alive, no offense. There’s hardly any player and most of them are alone trying to level up. If this game was very active and a bunch of people are in maps leveling up then That’s a totally different and understandable

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Onawaoka For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Best wishes!
    The quest for Fly/Hydra decreases in XP when you unlock the elite zone, please fix this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

@cinco The problem is all player who have played for more than a year lvld up the same and got slots the same way. We love your game man we really do and for you to make it so hard on new players you are pushing people away which will inevitably be the fall of arcane legends if it isn’t fixed. Try to see it from a player standpoint where the only way to get slots is to pay real money and to hit lvl 81 takes months now. Give us a battle pass to spend our money on and let lvl and slots be how they used to be. It’s hard for the players to see how you might disagree when money can fix all of these things in game. If you care about people lvling up fast then why can I purchase lvl 76 immediately? Cmon man you gotta see the players points to and at what point is your supporters opinions more important? We love you guys y’all have done great with arcane legends up until this point and I even love the new catacombs event but I hope this message means something to you man because arcane legends is my favorite game right now.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ExoTiKPred For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I stopped playing at expansion level 71, at that time I was still stuck at level 67 because to raise 1 level I needed ±100k exp. then I returned to playing at expansion level 81, and it was really easy at that time from level 67~level 81. it only took 1 day for Story quest+side quest+daily quest. I think it's normal and not a problem if the developer reduces the amount of exp gained.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka3 View Post
    I stopped playing at expansion level 71, at that time I was still stuck at level 67 because to raise 1 level I needed ±100k exp. then I returned to playing at expansion level 81, and it was really easy at that time from level 67~level 81. it only took 1 day for Story quest+side quest+daily quest. I think it's normal and not a problem if the developer reduces the amount of exp gained.
    I actually liked the previous levelling cap, 100k+ for 1 level is fun, I really feel the sense of achieving something when I maxed out 3 of my characters that time. Most people are becoming more impatient and want things to be done as quick as possible, STS intentionally did that and now they're having trouble copying things from the past.

Honestly, why not make the amount needed to level-up to 200k xp or maybe more and leave daily quests xp given as it is.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Greazemk For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greazemk View Post
    I actually liked the previous levelling cap, 100k+ for 1 level is fun, I really feel the sense of achieving something when I maxed out 3 of my characters that time. Most people are becoming more impatient and want things to be done as quick as possible, STS intentionally did that and now they're having trouble copying things from the past.

Honestly, why not make the amount needed to level-up to 200k xp or maybe more and leave daily quests xp given as it is.
    This amount of xp is fine as long as maps(where you grind for xp) aren't dead.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Everyone worried about new players but there is none of them

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Oh STS you're always so bad at connecting the dots, let me help ya.
    You see this one right here? (bad updates) it leads to this other dot right there! (players stop playing the game)

Seriously tho, of all the bad moves they could've done this one is the worst so far. The game throws you useless items all the time, they only exist so you can scrap them. Further limiting inventory of players is only making that process a bigger headache for everyone.
    *Sigh*
    -Skeletonmike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yeah it's a big change in xp farming. I wouldn't have a problem with it if they would add new quest that fill in the levels where like this no resonable quest avalable.

if the old quest are determaned to be too easy to farm xp then replace them with new ones!!!

in between thresholds like below 41 and around 61 because i think the graveyard maps increase in power greatly and that would be the next farming point for 71 because the swaps are also a big jump in power

so if the old ways of farming around 15k xp / day is lost then give us new quest around lvl, 41 for 600 xp 2 quest at one more quest at lvl, 55 for 800-1100xp and at lvl, 61 2-3 more quest for 900-1600xp
    at lvl, 71 and 78 each new two quests for 1600 xp

sorry for the long text what i'am saying is leveling up is not fun and if it takes for mutiple months players are going to be left out of events like egg hunt i tried joining egg zavier at lvl, 76 nobody joined ....
    10k xp / day should be standard at any level and so make new chalanging quests for new accounts

15. The Following User Says Thank You to catchme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Actually I think that a if you reduce the hp pool of everything to 25% of it’s actual rate and nerf every proc to 15% of their current damage it would be funnier and more newbie friendly.
    So skills would really mater and so on with the leg gear.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Best wishes!
    Hey Cinco! Can I weigh in here? I started playing AL 10+ years ago, when level cap was 41. Loved it then. Love it slightly less now, but that's not the developers fault. I am super frustrated by the newest "nerf" of XP (I just learned that term, nerf, ha!). I'm not against slower leveling, but a 90% cut HURTS. It's compounded by the fact that I can't gain any XP at all by running more difficult levels. My avatar is level 72 right now... but I can't even get through the glintstone maps, say nothing of somberholt or festerfang! And I don't earn any XP by working through a map until festerfang. I don't stand a chance there! So I'm forced to run the lower maps... I can clear gnomish ruins but can't get boss... so I can get some XP from those daily quests... but any of the maps I can actually clear completely on my own (tindrin for example) are worthless now, giving me less than 100 XP. Since I can only play maybe 10 hours a week, you can see how long it will take me to level up. And again, I'm not against slower leveling... but it would be great if:
    1) the XP gained was done on a sliding scale, so the XP you gained from a level was based on your avatar's level in comparison... maybe that's too detailed/complicated in the programming world. I'm not a programmer.
    2) the XP could be slowed/reduced but perhaps not by the 90% you've done. That was harsh.
    3) players could gain XP by clearing maps at their level.... it's frustrating I don't get XP (separate from quests) until festerfang, and I have to ask a lvl81 player to help me. Referencing my earlier comment about loving the game a little less now... I remember when people would form parties to run tougher maps... guild members and other players all helped each other. I'm finding that to be much more difficult now... I've found a couple people willing to help, but there aren't constant parties forming all the time like their used to be. Again, not a developer issue... just a bummer. But since it's harder to find capped players to run higher levels where XP can be gained, my only option is to gain XP from quests... you just completely nerfed that. :-( Can we meet half way??? Or, perhaps, is there a 'secret' to the game I haven't figured out? I know my gear isn't the absolute best, but I'm continually trying to get better gear as I can afford it. I'm feeling really stuck now though, and getting REALLY bored running the same lower maps over and over and over and over and over, now for almost no XP.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahe484 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default the xp changes are HORRIBLE

i really dont understand why they even touched the xp it was already good it allowed everyone to lvl up easily from lvl50-81 itll take probably 2 months maybe more to get to max lvl before the xp changes
    now its going to take more months for everyone to lvl up to get new gear new weps and armour
    i just got to 81

now i want to lvl up my other 2 characters but i cant bc of this stupid xp drop pls change it to the way it was the xp was NEVER the problem the events are. the current event is bad i really hope arcane legends change the xp back to the way it was

if affects everyone in a bad way and i might just uninstall this game bc of the changes.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to chillibin1121 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Arcane is getting a lot of hate! Arcane is still amazing and many of the RPGs out there doesn’t have what it has so those who are giving up. I’d say hang on, let’s makes suggestions as a community and this is the only good thought I came up with. Tell me what you guy’s think. I just think everyone would be satisfied if they make the bosses in each map drop the gear the player needs from arcane to mythic at that map level. Entering fester, the bosses would drop ebon 71- to 76 arcane. Think about this, this, less complaints would be made. Literally there would be nothing to complain about. This would balance out everything. This is the best solution and a really good suggestion. Please take this into consideration. I mean who wouldn’t wanna farm bosses in every map for the gear they need. No one would struggle. I get that everyone want to make profit from the weapons in action but take a sacrifice for a good game feature with looting them all from the appropriate bosses. I mean it would help us all guys. Think hard about this, the weapons would still be a good price. I don’t wanna see these players quitting this amazing successful rpg just because the weapons are too expensive. Make them work for them with the bosses we have. It would bring relevance back to all of the bosses. I know events are set as primary for that but there are so many other cool think you could get from the events like speed set’s vanity and other things, important stuff. Once again, it won’t hurt for the weapons to reduce all the weapons to reduce at prices a little. After all, who is wanting to buy a 300m weapon. New players can’t afford 30m sadly, I’ve came this conclusion. It would be awesome to loot weapons you need for each map from every boss. PLEASE READ THIS, THANKS!!!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I disagree but not vehemently. I'm not that type of person. I do remember something though, it's a bit vague now but wasn't it you (devs)who congratulated someone on reaching level 81 in one day? That was during the level 81 expansion?
    You may disagree with me and I will respect that.

Kind regards.
    You remember correctly, hurry thru latest content!! Now now now be the first 1\10\100 and receive a glorious reward.
    Then sit around twiddling your thumbs. Soooo contrary.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2021thalissa View Post
    Arcane is getting a lot of hate! Arcane is still amazing and many of the RPGs out there doesn’t have what it has so those who are giving up. I’d say hang on, let’s makes suggestions as a community and this is the only good thought I came up with. Tell me what you guy’s think. I just think everyone would be satisfied if they make the bosses in each map drop the gear the player needs from arcane to mythic at that map level. Entering fester, the bosses would drop ebon 71- to 76 arcane. Think about this, this, less complaints would be made. Literally there would be nothing to complain about. This would balance out everything. This is the best solution and a really good suggestion. Please take this into consideration. I mean who wouldn’t wanna farm bosses in every map for the gear they need. No one would struggle. I get that everyone want to make profit from the weapons in action but take a sacrifice for a good game feature with looting them all from the appropriate bosses. I mean it would help us all guys. Think hard about this, the weapons would still be a good price. I don’t wanna see these players quitting this amazing successful rpg just because the weapons are too expensive. Make them work for them with the bosses we have. It would bring relevance back to all of the bosses. I know events are set as primary for that but there are so many other cool think you could get from the events like speed set’s vanity and other things, important stuff. Once again, it won’t hurt for the weapons to reduce all the weapons to reduce at prices a little. After all, who is wanting to buy a 300m weapon. New players can’t afford 30m sadly, I’ve came this conclusion. It would be awesome to loot weapons you need for each map from every boss. PLEASE READ THIS, THANKS!!!.

The community has been giving good and thoughtful suggestions for YEARS. You can find literally thousands of ideas in the suggestion/feedback section. It’s pay to win now. And that’s is final.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Like I said in another thread, I did a U-turn and that was the only one and I did admit to it Cinco.
    I just wish you and your team had never encouraged players to level up so quickly in the first place.
    I remember saying it was a mistake when it was first implemented. People were reaching level 23 in Kraag if you remember.
    You did listen to suggestions after much consideration and slowed it down recently, saying that people would be able to level more quickly after reaching the level 50s.
    Then suddenly, without any warning, you changed it again only this time swinging completely the other way so that everyone would have to work harder to level.
    On top of that, you took away the inventory slots from the daily story quests, again without any warning.
    There was to be a phase 2, I suppose that's the login rewards, that really is confusing but it seems to have pacified some of the angry players.
    If you don't want people to level up so quickly now, why can they still level to 76 with plat?
    It's obvious that, let's be honest now, it's a pay to play game now.
    Why all the changes? Please don't say it's all about inflation. I paid to play like many others but it balanced things out with the free to play players and it helped support the game.
    The inflation was due to the extraordinary amount of gold looted in various maps, the last one being Rahab.
    I'm not angry, I've said this before, just disappointed that you never reply or explain fully what has happened for you to make all these changes. Yes, a few did need changing, and that's fine but it seems that the other changes are quite harsh.
    I could quite easily say, well it's not my problem, I'm not new but I can't help feeling sad for the newly capped players or those who are in the mid range.
    It's also sad to see how the friendliness has somehow gone between the developers and players.
    Anyway, all I can say is sorry for rambling on and best wishes.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Like I said in another thread, I did a U-turn and that was the only one and I did admit to it Cinco.
    I just wish you and your team had never encouraged players to level up so quickly in the first place.
    I remember saying it was a mistake when it was first implemented. People were reaching level 23 in Kraag if you remember.
    You did listen to suggestions after much consideration and slowed it down recently, saying that people would be able to level more quickly after reaching the level 50s.
    Then suddenly, without any warning, you changed it again only this time swinging completely the other way so that everyone would have to work harder to level.
    On top of that, you took away the inventory slots from the daily story quests, again without any warning.
    There was to be a phase 2, I suppose that's the login rewards, that really is confusing but it seems to have pacified some of the angry players.
    If you don't want people to level up so quickly now, why can they still level to 76 with plat?
    It's obvious that, let's be honest now, it's a pay to play game now.
    Why all the changes? Please don't say it's all about inflation. I paid to play like many others but it balanced things out with the free to play players and it helped support the game.
    The inflation was due to the extraordinary amount of gold looted in various maps, the last one being Rahab.
    I'm not angry, I've said this before, just disappointed that you never reply or explain fully what has happened for you to make all these changes. Yes, a few did need changing, and that's fine but it seems that the other changes are quite harsh.
    I could quite easily say, well it's not my problem, I'm not new but I can't help feeling sad for the newly capped players or those who are in the mid range.
    It's also sad to see how the friendliness has somehow gone between the developers and players.
    Anyway, all I can say is sorry for rambling on and best wishes.
    Most honest to the point and sincere post ive read in a longtime. I hope you get some answers.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Many losses now that used to be standard like extra character slots, inventory, free speed elix ect.
    Replaced with a log in that some who exploited found to be insufficient to replace the former.

One of the last nails in the coffin will be vanities with stats.

It happened in pl, no reason it won’t here
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Are the only login rewards speed ups?