Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Skull dozer shield/sword weapons were 30m gold when they were still relevant and dropped to 17m at the time even though they gave huge damage/haste buffs in the midst of Vardan Valleys peak.
    So principle then? Not affordability in and of itself... but essentially a protest against inflation?

Nothing wrong with this stance, imo - just hoping to get a clear picture of this very specific aspect of your post.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

+1000 to Cinco, we need strategy to get the goal, lvl,gold,items, this game play to enjoy, they do this to cooperate player to other player, bond and use different strategy by class/items/skills. The game is looking forward for better now.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

So in terms of the XP changes - we'll be revising the curve when the 86 expansion comes out. It makes sense to adjust the system now as opposed to having it drop with the new campaign so that players get accustomed / adapt to the new way of advancing - as opposed to souring the coolness of the new expansion with a nerf targeted specifically at the advancing player.

On Monday we'll take a look at possibly softening the Quest XP curves. No promises on the outcome, but I indicated in another post that it's a fine thing for us to consider.

Zodias non-timed, non-LB statistics are going to get nerfed. Not to what they were before the update but close... so it'll be a lot easier for our under-geared Legends to blaze through, reap near infinite gold and keep the cycle of inflation going strong. We'll wait 'til the 86 expansion to gut the gold drops from Zodias - as there will inevitably be complaints on the forums (and in game) that there's no reason to play the new stuff if the old stuff gives better gold. This happens literally every cap.

Team has a number of choices surrounding the affordability / availability of 86 Arcane gears and we'll be addressing that closer to the 86 expansion. I had originally planned to drop alternative 86 Arcanes in the "Arcane Catacombs" but got talked out of it (here and on Discord) by players who weren't ready for their Kraken sales to diminish, and by players who don't see the value in Arcanes that have slightly different stats. I understand so we'll be pushing this effort off for a while longer.

Hope that addresses some of your concerns.

Best wishes!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    So in terms of the XP changes - we'll be revising the curve when the 86 expansion comes out. It makes sense to adjust the system now as opposed to having it drop with the new campaign so that players get accustomed / adapt to the new way of advancing - as opposed to souring the coolness of the new expansion with a nerf targeted specifically at the advancing player.

On Monday we'll take a look at possibly softening the Quest XP curves. No promises on the outcome, but I indicated in another post that it's a fine thing for us to consider.

Zodias non-timed, non-LB statistics are going to get nerfed. Not to what they were before the update but close... so it'll be a lot easier for our under-geared Legends to blaze through, reap near infinite gold and keep the cycle of inflation going strong. We'll wait 'til the 86 expansion to gut the gold drops from Zodias - as there will inevitably be complaints on the forums (and in game) that there's no reason to play the new stuff if the old stuff gives better gold. This happens literally every cap.

Team has a number of choices surrounding the affordability / availability of 86 Arcane gears and we'll be addressing that closer to the 86 expansion. I had originally planned to drop alternative 86 Arcanes in the "Arcane Catacombs" but got talked out of it (here and on Discord) by players who weren't ready for their Kraken sales to diminish, and by players who don't see the value in Arcanes that have slightly different stats. I understand so we'll be pushing this effort off for a while longer.

Hope that addresses some of your concerns.

Best wishes!
    honestly sounds great, i agree stuff like hp and xp should be nerfed/buffed but i think u overdid it, for example with rahab instead of rougly 300% buff, should be 100%, maybe 150% max

ty cinco

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

So principle then? Not affordability in and of itself... but essentially a protest against inflation?

Nothing wrong with this stance, imo - just hoping to get a clear picture of this very specific aspect of your post.
    Inflation, Lack of content to farm outside of events and lockeds lacking sufficient kraken drop rates need to be looked into, although good job on the Hard-boiled zavier lockeds giving a kraken in the 150th opening. We need more of this.

What i want to pitch is a menu interface inside maps that show you all the potential loot you can get. This'll encourage people to farm items instead of gold drops since they're more aware of the maps ins/outs and also it's very confusing that spirit gears ingredients are all locked in elite zodias maps when the gears as you guys said are supposed to be weaker then mythics?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I'm not a fan of inflation and understand the zodias changes, however instead of giving the players the idea to slave away for gold drops you should improvise item loot drops for us to profit from instead. Eg, Arcane Shard loot drops.

I said in my post after the changes much of Zodias has become inactive, all due to gold inaccessibility. Please don't let inflation get worse due to public pressure @Cinco

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

It was very easy to level up before the update.. it took me just a day to level up 5 characters to level 81, i havent tried leveling up a character after the update so i cant say for sure how bad it is but to be fair leveling up way before was hard too but it was just hard enough for you to continue the next day.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

What i want to pitch is a menu interface inside maps that show you all the potential loot you can get.
    We've talked about doing this for AL. It's something we did for Dark Legends' missions system. There are good and bad aspects.

From an item distribution standpoint it would encourage us to place one very desirable item in each dungeon for a given campaign. This is pretty cool. I've done it in Pocket Legends and informed the players that items of a certain type (Armors, for instance) can only be looted from a specific dungeon whereas other types (eg. Weapons) can only drop from this one other locale.

Gold loot from monsters remains an issue but if the dungeons are made identical with respect to number of bad guys and gold award per monster it kinda works. Problem is the 'template' feel and the boredom... but it's not terrible :-)
    | | | |

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

We play the game from Level 1 multiple times every month and especially when there are changes that affect new / low-level players. I enjoy the slower leveling but I've been playing AL longer than anyone in the world... just not (ever) in the context of competing with other players.

On a daily basis we developers play the game 6 to 10 hours (solo). I tend to play upwards of 8 to 12 and I've been doing this for over a decade.

But in all honesty and transparency, while I know the game itself I'm not in competition to reach LB, to collect gold, to buy a specific vanity, to earn my way into a specific guild, or any of the class-rivalry stuff that dominates Arcane Legends (like any successful MMO).
    Can you answer me how you expect anyone to play AL at 25 inventory slots ..... will really appreciate the genuine answer on that since free inventory slots which has been more than 6+ years in the game has been removed ......

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SusAF View Post
    Can you answer me how you expect anyone to play AL at 25 inventory slots ..... will really appreciate the genuine answer on that since free inventory slots which has been more than 6+ years in the game has been removed ......
    The genuine answer is: you delete stuff. You do it a lot. Like when AL was first launched. Do I expect you to *like* it? No. It’s a convenience to own more than 25 slots.

I also don’t expect you to read this and have an epiphany and suddenly fall in love with the change. I / We realize that it requires a change in your behavior.

Best wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

all i do it now is leveling my spirit gear on sunken fleet. f8ck farming gold. lol

And yes, about you dev change token system. can you add option to avoid to collect legend, epic, rare and common item? those are being trash in our inventory.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamaubear For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    So, the entire premise of the change was to cater for the 86 fast cap? But isn't the expansion months away? Why must this change so early when its only punishing new players.

Also why can't the XP quests and XP curve only be applicable starting from lv81 players? While lv1-80 players will get the same amount of XP in quests and XP curve we had before the update happened. So it'll still be easy to get from lv1 to lv80 as per my aforementioned reasons from my previous message.
    +1 doesn’t this make total sense?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'm not a fan of inflation and understand the zodias changes, however instead of giving the players the idea to slave away for gold drops you should improvise item loot drops for us to profit from instead. Eg, Arcane Shard loot drops.

I said in my post after the changes much of Zodias has become inactive, all due to gold inaccessibility. Please don't let inflation get worse due to public pressure @Cinco
    I agree with the gold drop thing, it gets boring after a while. Item drops on the other hand feels a lot more exciting with the chance of getting good item drops.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoorCharlatan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mamaubear View Post
    all i do it now is leveling my spirit gear on sunken fleet. f8ck farming gold. lol

And yes, about you dev change token system. can you add option to avoid to collect legend, epic, rare and common item? those are being trash in our inventory.
    +1 for adding option to avoid collecting an specific item on inventory such as equipment or something like that it would great

Sent from my RMX2103 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The genuine answer is: you delete stuff. You do it a lot. Like when AL was first launched. Do I expect you to *like* it? No. It’s a convenience to own more than 25 slots.

I also don’t expect you to read this and have an epiphany and suddenly fall in love with the change. I / We realize that it requires a change in your behavior.

Best wishes.

Honestly it makes sense for slots to be a convenience, but to lock it behind plat is a bit much, maybe we can get an endgame token vendor like the one in zodias or vardan valley to sell it for a decent amount of fathoms or vales to encourage players to grind the maps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Best wishes.

I started to play when cap was lv16.
    We didn't play with 25 slots. We farmed daily and bought slots to play at the time too.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Paying real money for inventory slots is not going to work. It's obvious why you want this implemented, more money spent into AL.
    Anyway, I stopped caring, I tried for the sake of new players, I failed and to be honest, I give up because real life issues are more important to me at the moment.
    I wasn't able to stick around much anyway and paying for a game I seldom play will now be stopped. Maybe I spent too much money when I look back because I gave stuff away.
    This game did take my mind away from stress and other awful things that happened to me and still happen in real life but sometimes we need to face things head on. One more thing, thankyou for being honest and speaking out at last but I'm still curious about phase 2. Not enough to care, just being nosy now.
    Good day, wishing you all the best Cinco.

From a casual rogue player. 🙂

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

it made me hate this game - and i quit the game forever
    Huynh Ngoc Quyen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Best wishes.

But I mean .... events like xavier where you drop hundreds of them or crafting events or char bound vanities ..... if a f2p slots is to be removed shouldnt the base inventory be changed to 75 for everything to keep it fair ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

We play the game from Level 1 multiple times every month and especially when there are changes that affect new / low-level players. I enjoy the slower leveling but I've been playing AL longer than anyone in the world... just not (ever) in the context of competing with other players.

On a daily basis we developers play the game 6 to 10 hours (solo). I tend to play upwards of 8 to 12 and I've been doing this for over a decade.

But in all honesty and transparency, while I know the game itself I'm not in competition to reach LB, to collect gold, to buy a specific vanity, to earn my way into a specific guild, or any of the class-rivalry stuff that dominates Arcane Legends (like any successful MMO).
    So do exactly all the things you just named you haven't done.

Your the one that created the world of AL so maybe change gears and experience first hand all the challenges your players face.

you named several things that you felt made up any successful MMO but you said you have never been a part of any them--- in your own game. Maybe it would give you a whole new outlook on things.

Stop playing alone for 8 to 12 hrs a day and join the fun.

Maybe change your name though- Obviously... :-)

28. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post: