Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

Few days ago my young brother started playing AL.
    I helped him level up, got him some nice gears, eggs and everything.
    Now, he is stuck at level 67, when all the daily quests give 90% less XP since last update, and he gets one shotted in 71 map, there isn't a quest available for him to complete that gives more than 300xp.

At this point I don't understand where do you expect him to play or level up?
    what quests can he do? it takes 16k XP to level up even with few XP elix, it would take him weeks to max out.

I think you should change the -90% less xp thingy for way less cus I literally don't know how new players should level up now.

unless you expect them to get 1 level per a week?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trueido For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

You're not going to agree with me - and that's cool... but a slower leveling experience is not a bad thing for the game overall. Obviously there are risks to making things balanced with respect to Quest XP (i.e. you really shouldn't be getting full XP for a Quest that isn't even remotely challenging) but there are upsides as well. In particular, spending more time grinding gears will avoid some of the huge power gap problems we have in 71+

Again, given the tenor of the forums and the basis of your post I expect you'll vehemently disagree - and I do respect that :-)

Best wishes!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    You're not going to agree with me - and that's cool... but a slower leveling experience is not a bad thing for the game overall. Obviously there are risks to making things balanced with respect to Quest XP (i.e. you really shouldn't be getting full XP for a Quest that isn't even remotely challenging) but there are upsides as well. In particular, spending more time grinding gears will avoid some of the huge power gap problems we have in 71+

Again, given the tenor of the forums and the basis of your post I expect you'll vehemently disagree - and I do respect that :-)

Best wishes!
    I disagree but not vehemently. I'm not that type of person. I do remember something though, it's a bit vague now but wasn't it you who congratulated someone on reaching level 81 in one day? That was during the level 81 expansion?
    You may disagree with me and I will respect that.

Kind regards.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Best wishes!
    I do agree that leveling should be harder, not that you can go from lvl 1 to max in like a week.

However, you need to take into account multiple aspects instead of just an overall concept, for example if a game has a lot of lower level content that is interesting and worth doing then leveling should be difficult so new players can experience the whole game instead of only the current best content available. Arcane legends is, unfortunatly, not like that. Not only are lower level maps basicly useless but the overall farming experience has been nerfed into oblivion but the difficulty of the maps hasn't. Basicly lower lvl players would have to grind maps that are extremely difficult for basicly no reward.

Either the xp from dailies should be made around 35% of what it was before or lower lvl maps (the ones that are currently useless for max lvl players, so no mausoleum) should be made easier, so even since the rewards they would get will not be as profitable, they would be easier so they could atleast farm xp from them.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kolpertis_333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kolpertis_333 View Post
    I do agree that leveling should be harder, not that you can go from lvl 1 to max in like a week.

However, you need to take into account multiple aspects instead of just an overall concept, for example if a game has a lot of lower level content that is interesting and worth doing then leveling should be difficult so new players can experience the whole game instead of only the current best content available. Arcane legends is, unfortunatly, not like that. Not only are lower level maps basicly useless but the overall farming experience has been nerfed into oblivion but the difficulty of the maps hasn't. Basicly lower lvl players would have to grind maps that are extremely difficult for basicly no reward.

Either the xp from dailies should be made around 35% of what it was before or lower lvl maps (the ones that are currently useless for max lvl players, so no mausoleum) should be made easier, so even since the rewards they would get will not be as profitable, they would be easier so they could atleast farm xp from them.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
    I partly agree with you. The lower level maps don't have much to farm like they did when the game first started but they are definitely easier than they used to be.
    Also, lower levels (because we were all newbies back then) levelled up and farmed together.
    Even when Maus first came out, we did manage, in a team, at level 61 with legendary gears. It was difficult. Then the sets came out, crafted ones and later the nightmare set.
    Going back to the old days, farming elite maps was "the thing to do" and some good things, gears, eggs, crates dropped.
    Unfortunately, this is now not the case and can't ever be as it's in everyone's nature to want to reach capped level. Also, there is no motivation to keep grinding maps when they contain nothing and high levels get all the good events.
    Not all high levels are helpful towards lower levels and new players. Plus the slot update doesn't help (sorry Cinco for mentioning that again) because trying to run maps in a party is so difficult when you keep having to stop to empty your inventory. It's not made better when you only have 5 stash slots. Come on Cinco, please let the new players have the slots back even if that's the only thing you reverse.
    I honestly don't think it would hurt the game to give the slots back. Inventory and stash slots are so important to new players. Please...🙏
    My poor knees are suffering. 😒

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Best wishes!
    But didn't you already take our feedback about leveling back then? It's the sole reason leveling was easy up until you reverted it in the last update. There's no reason for it to be hard because there's nothing valuable or interesting to farm, 99.99% of the leveling process must be done solo, lower expansion maps are always empty, so, it only hurts new players who have no network of endgame players to help them level.

It's basically developers who pushed people into endgame, even most event top-tier bosses require you to be at max level. So why must you revert back to harder leveling? I remember back then new players would just be stuck at a certain level, and just ditch the game on the same day.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    But didn't you already take our feedback about leveling back then? It's the sole reason leveling is easy right now. There's no reason for it to be hard because there's nothing valuable or interesting to farm, 99.99% of the leveling process must be done solo, lower expansion maps are always empty, so, it only hurts new players who have no network of endgame players to help them level.

It's basically developers who pushed people into endgame, even most event top-tier bosses require you to be at max level. So why must you revert back to harder leveling? I remember back then new players would just be stuck at a certain level, and just ditch the game on the same day.
    The new level cap will include another revision (i.e. flattening) of the XP curve.

And the issue where you could get max XP from quests that were (any number of) levels below your toon would make the upcoming 86 fast cap a total joke. We want the race to 86 to have some lil' tiny bit of meaning. This is the big reason for the change.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Add more quests to the glintstone cryostar maus and festerfang expansions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Best wishes!

You are so out of touch with your own game, it’s honestly sad to watch at this point. What power gap??? Do you think level 50 players are duelling level 81 players? There’s NOTHING to do until you reach level 81. That’s literally the beginning of the game, until then you’re a walking ant who can’t even play elite maps with the other players or events because nobody in lower levels will be there. It’s pathetic that you’re not even aware of these small, simple things. Pre level 81 all you can do is get online, do your daily quests, then get off because there’s nothing else to do. There’s no map to farm decent xp like tombs back in the day. There’s nothing. You think your game has way more content than it actually does. WAKE UP.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mage_101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

The new level cap will include another revision (i.e. flattening) of the XP curve.

And the issue where you could get max XP from quests that were (any number of) levels below your toon would make the upcoming 86 fast cap a total joke. We want the race to 86 to have some lil' tiny bit of meaning. This is the big reason for the change.
    So, the entire premise of the change was to cater for the 86 fast cap? But isn't the expansion months away? Why must this change so early when its only punishing new players.

Also why can't the XP quests and XP curve only be applicable starting from lv81 players? While lv1-80 players will get the same amount of XP in quests and XP curve we had before the update happened. So it'll still be easy to get from lv1 to lv80 as per my aforementioned reasons from my previous message.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mage_101 View Post
    You are so out of touch with your own game, it’s honestly sad to watch at this point. What power gap??? Do you think level 50 players are duelling level 81 players? There’s NOTHING to do until you reach level 81. That’s literally the beginning of the game, until then you’re a walking ant who can’t even play elite maps with the other players or events because nobody in lower levels will be there. It’s pathetic that you’re not even aware of these small, simple things. Pre level 81 all you can do is get online, do your daily quests, then get off because there’s nothing else to do. There’s no map to farm decent xp like tombs back in the day. There’s nothing. You think your game has way more content than it actually does. WAKE UP.
    The power gap I'm talking about his high-level players with garbage gear from 20, 25+ levels below their toon's level.
    | | | |

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

So, the entire premise of the change was to cater for the 86 fast cap? But isn't the expansion months away? Why must this change so early when its only punishing new players.

Also why can't the XP quests and XP curve only be applicable starting from lv81 players? While lv1-80 players will get the same amount of XP in quests and XP curve we had before the update happened. So it'll still be easy to get from lv1 to lv80 as per my aforementioned reasons from my previous message.
    No, fast cap is a big part of it but there's also the basic concept of fixing what is essentially an XP inflow exploit as well as resurrecting the value of the Levlar event.

It's better to apply this as a system as opposed to special casing endgame or a specific level for inclusion / exclusion from XP award attenuation.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

The power gap I'm talking about his high-level players with garbage gear from 20, 25+ levels below their toon's level.
    could you consider revert the XP 90%- reduction and make it apply from level 80+?
    I am saying this for new players only.

@Cinco I must say that I feel like everytime there is a problem in AL, you try to fix the problem ofc but you are mainly hurting the the players that are already behind.

This change - Hurting new players, The bonus HP for portal bosses (not just LB ones) is making gap between wariors whos most of them already feel left behind even bigger IDK what u guys are doing.. saying this respectfully.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to trueido For This Useful Post:

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    could you consider revert the XP 90%- reduction and make it apply from level 80+?
    I am saying this for new players only.

@Cinco I must say that I feel like everytime there is a problem in AL, you try to fix the problem ofc but you are mainly hurting the the players that are already behind.

This change - Hurting new players, The bonus HP for portal bosses (not just LB ones) is making gap between wariors whos most of them already feel left behind even bigger IDK what u guys are doing.. saying this respectfully.
    Sure - I'll think about it... but it's a really hard sell for me. Also, realize that when you say 90% reduction you're talking about collecting XP from quests that are more than 10 levels below you. You're WAY out-leveling that content. There is no challenge at all and it's just super weird that you would get full rewards for it... but yeah, I'll discuss with the team on Monday ;-)
    | | | |

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

No, fast cap is a big part of it but there's also the basic concept of fixing what is essentially an XP inflow exploit as well as resurrecting the value of the Levlar event.

It's better to apply this as a system as opposed to special casing endgame or a specific level for inclusion / exclusion from XP award attenuation.
    I see, then I can only suggest tweaking the gears given by those lv1,5,10,15 etc "advancement packs", cuz they're weak and it doesn't really help the new players after certain levels because mobs from Glintstone and above exponentially increase in stats (dmg and hp). Cuz again, the whole leveling process involves just solo play, maps are empty, so it's only fair to give them better gears from these packs.

And I really think applying the new xp curve should only be for lv81 players only. Hope this gets executed right.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

25.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

I see, then I can only suggest tweaking the gears given by those lv1,5,10,15 etc "advancement packs", cuz they're weak and it doesn't really help the new players after certain levels because mobs from Glintstone and above exponentially increase in stats (dmg and hp). Cuz again, the whole leveling process involves just solo play, maps are empty, so it's only fair to give them better gears from these packs.

And I really think applying the new xp curve should only be for lv81 players only. Hope this gets executed right.
    What we need are Level 50+ hirelings ;-)

(joking but not joking)
    | | | |

26.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

To set expectations: I do not at all think that a specific level-cut off for this system is the right move. I will consider adjusting the fall-off to account for advancing players. No guarantee that anything will change but I do promise that we'll have a discussion about it.
    | | | |

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

I've even gone on to my lower level alts to help but it's absolutely mind numbingly boring for me and them.
    I can see nothing will persuade you. I'll leave you alone now, you never reply to me anyway.
    Bye and regards.
    I still think the slot issue should be addressed though.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Best wishes!
    I think it might be better to add quests that takes time to finish and not based on random generate, like the shimmering crystal in tindirin as an example that quest is terrible. I had more fun doing 1k mobs than Reptus Hulks, not only its rng but reptus hulk mobs are a bit harder to come by.

-1k ranged enemies
    -50 elite bosses
    -destroy/open barrels and chests
    -finish a dungeon under 1 minute snd 30 seconds
    -etc..

Edit: I feel bad for Susanne's concerns I do feel the same on slots, I hope you guys discuss this soon.

31.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greazemk View Post
    I think it might be better to add quests that takes time to finish and not based on random generate, like the shimmering crystal in tindirin as an example that quest is terrible. I had more fun doing 1k mobs than Reptus Hulks, not only its rng but reptus hulk mobs are a bit harder to come by.

-1k ranged enemies
    -50 elite bosses
    -destroy/open barrels and chests
    -finish a dungeon under 1 minute snd 30 seconds
    -etc..
    Yeah - rng stuff can get annoying, and I do think we could review the XP rewards for Achievements.

Something to consider with this recent Quest XP change: we award experience from kills based on monster level vs. your level but ('til now) we hadn't attenuated Quest XP in the same way. For this reason I firmly believe it makes sense.
    | | | |