Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

@cinco

These vast chances should have a warning days ahead to reduce the more than justified outrage from players and receive feedback to make these changes more reasonable.

The XP tweak should've come along an inflow of lootable decent gear/update of the leveling pack gear, otherwise this change makes the leveling experience awful as you may have noticed after playing so much.

The shop update should have been notified way b4 it was released or even refrain from releasing it until both "phase 1" and "phase 2" were ready to release at the same time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yep. I do this and have done this for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gonna have to call cap on this one boss

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kystone For This Useful Post:

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #103
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kystone View Post
    Gonna have to call cap on this one boss
    You'd be wrong though.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tonton View Post
    Yea add Auto sell gears in Option

Epic

Common

Rare

Legendary

Sent from my Infinix X6815C using Tapatalk
    God yes implement this if possible ..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Victimzz View Post
    In addition to this slots issue, I think I found out the reason for this aswell. Yes, it would give STS higher revenue but aside from this it will fix the economy. I think economy is being f'ed up rn by hoarders and manipulators. Imagine new players learning to hoard, idk if the item prices ever rise up. Due to inventory and stash slots being limited, players will have a hard time hoarding items. In the long run, this will lead item being more valuable in the future. Why? Because there are less people holding and hoarding them.
    I mean no offense, but wouldn't removing slots from vendors worsen inflation? as it's only the existing players who have huge amounts of inventory space wouldn't they be the only ones able to hoard stuff?
    What I mean by this is players will still hoard and the players who can't will be forced to sell the stuff they earn and probably for cheaper than its worth, if someone with huge inventory space just keeps buying these from new players who have no space the same amount of hoarding will take place but all concentrated into a certain area of the player base. Essentially, the rich will get richer and the new players will stay poor.

I suppose this is just my opinion though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumko View Post
    I mean no offense, but wouldn't removing slots from vendors worsen inflation? as if it's only the existing players who have huge amounts of inventory space wouldn't they be the only ones able to hoard stuff?
    What I mean by this is players will still hoard and the players who can't will be forced to sell the stuff they earn and probably for cheaper than its worth, if someone with huge inventory space just keeps buying these from new players who have no space the same amount of hoarding will take place but all concentrated into a certain area of the player base. Essentially, the rich will get richer and the new players will stay poor.

I suppose this is just my opinion though.

No, imagine yourself as a rich player with so much inv space and u hoard item. Then me as a newbie with access to inv spaces through vendors learn to hoard, that will be 2 people hoarding right? Thats the scenario when there is inv slots from vendor.

Then imagine this now, u are an old rich player hoarder. And me a newbie with no access to inv slot from the vendor. I learned how to hoard but only got 25 inv slots. That means only 1 hoarder right?

The team just put a hard stop in hoarding. Because if this continues to happen then nothing else will change. I understand the sentiments but I think this is a really good move. Stopping one of the cause of inflation than letting it continue.

Also to add, you dont need to compare yourself to those very rich players. MMORPG is not competition between players. From the acro RPG which Role Playing Game, meaning you explore the story. MMORPG's essence is helping each other through quest not competing through wealth and resources.

-IGN's: Victimzoflove, Licensetokick, Dqg, Uector

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Victimzz View Post
    No, imagine yourself as a rich player with so much inv space and u hoard item. Then me as a newbie with access to inv spaces through vendors learn to hoard, that will be 2 people hoarding right? Thats the scenario when there is inv slots from vendor.

Then imagine this now, u are an old rich player hoarder. And me a newbie with no access to inv slot from the vendor. I learned how to hoard but only got 25 inv slots. That means only 1 hoarder right?

The team just put a hard stop in hoarding. Because if this continues to happen then nothing else will change. I understand the sentiments but I think this is a really good move. Stopping one of the cause of inflation than letting it continue.

Also to add, you dont need to compare yourself to those very rich players. MMORPG is not competition between players. From the acro RPG which Role Playing Game, meaning you explore the story. MMORPG's essence is helping each other through quest not competing through wealth and resources.

You could say that is 2 people hoarding which is worse than 1 person hoarding. But on the other hand you could also say if the new player is constantly selling the items they are earning because they cannot keep them, older players will capitalize on this and hoard the items they are selling. These items don't just stop existing they are just moved to the hand of others. Which is still the same amount of hoarded items but more than likely all on old accounts.

So in my opinion this really doesn't negate inflation at all, it just slows down the progress of players without slots and it even potential increases that of the players who already have plenty of inventory slots. I'm not saying this will worsen inflation or work against inflation, I just believe it will benefit already rich players at the cost of those who do not.

And lastly I'm definitely not comparing myself to anyone, this is just how I believe the game will be affected.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumko View Post
    You could say that is 2 people hoarding which is worse than 1 person hoarding. But on the other hand you could also say if the new player is constantly selling the items they are earning because they cannot keep them, older players will capitalize on this and hoard the items they are selling. These items don't just stop existing they are just moved to the hand of others. Which is still the same amount of hoarded items but more than likely all on old accounts.

So in my opinion this really doesn't negate inflation at all, it just slows down the progress of players without slots and it even potential increases that of the players who already have plenty of inventory slots. I'm not saying this will worsen inflation or work against inflation, I just believe it will benefit already rich players at the cost of those who do not.

And lastly I'm definitely not comparing myself to anyone, this is just how I believe the game will be affected.

I should ask, what does it matter if it will benefit the rich? Will the rich people rob the poor? I mean the newbie sell the item, which means the newbie receive payment right? Then whats wrong? If the rich guy could afford it, whats wrong? I mean if you dont compete why does being at disadvantage matter? Is there a race in who becomes richer first?

As for the progress of players, shouldnt be the game priginally be hard that you need to grind it for you to achieve your endgoal? Before, you need to run endless Watchers Tomb 4 to reach endgame, nowadays you can have an endgame in less than a day. Do you see my point? The entire essence of the game was lost, it's just like grinding for gold. No excitement at all. No satisfaction once you finished the story or a quest like before.

-IGN's: Victimzoflove, Licensetokick, Dqg, Uector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

-1 remove slot is a bad idea.. At the end of the day, especially for the newbie player they will be fed up bcuz of full inventory and immediately quit the game ! Just imagine on the first day you play the game. How many times u need to clear out that useless item?

Up limit to 100 inventory maybe can solve the issue..

Sent from my M2101K9AG using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sifff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

You'd be wrong though.
    At least you're still reading replies on this thread. The slots needs an immediate attention, I don't know what's stopping you guys from reverting it back, it is evident how terrible the impact that one change made on the entire game's player base.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #111
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greazemk View Post
    At least you're still reading replies on this thread. The slots needs an immediate attention, I don't know what's stopping you guys from reverting it back, it is evident how terrible the impact that one change made on the entire game's player base.
    We disagree on the immediate need for changes and we are not going to 'revert' it.

There will be a way to acquire these slots (apart from the current Plat and gold / trade methods that exist rn) - but they're unlikely to be vendor-related.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

We disagree on the immediate need for changes and we are not going to 'revert' it.

There will be a way to acquire these slots (apart from the current Plat and gold / trade methods that exist rn) - but they're unlikely to be vendor-related.
    Cinco can you guys make the default minimum inventory slots 50? We have more gears since AL, new players just has to clear their inventory literally after every map, I saw it today with my friend (new player)
    Make it 50? 100? Would be perfect.
    Same with craft inventory

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I see, that's good to hear. Will it be along with Catacombs or Expansion?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Greazemk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a new player it is really difficult for a beginner to level up and save up now because there is no other source of gold to farm with I only do farm jewels to save up but rn there is no other way to get auction slot it takes a long time to sell using just 1 slot

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

@cinco event for inventory slots? Like you do with housing slots is the way to do it if not in vendor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

if this kind of event come, please consider all levels to be able to participate. As it is challenging now to be at max level

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

@cinco
    Isn’t this problem can be solved by deducting 10% xp from previous level cap of every expansion daily quest .
    But increasing xp in every tomb and side map so people will be able to farm there .
    And in those tombs add special crate which drop exclusive item which can be useful for every level .
    Like a exclusive pet or a spirit weapon which can be a rare drop at lower level tomb and can be leveled up over there and upto max level .
    People will farm them like crazy .
    Make them a lil op then current arcanes but extremely hard to farm but without any chest items .
    It will solve the lower level players gear issue to till they will get to max level if they were lucky .
    And also will help them to get good amount of xp by farming and will solve the gold issue to .
    There is inflation in game because there are not good enough drops from bosses .

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

@cinco
    And yes one more thing you replied to many people that you were playing 6-10 hrs every day from last decade .
    But there is a difference between you and everyone else in the community
    It is your work to do that thing and you earn from it which i respect but other dont have that luxury we have another things to do in our life .
    I do respect your work but the communities and your perspective is not same .
    Why to bother that much about such thing where you can announce and give all al players link for a poll .
    Where community will decide how they want to run the game .
    More popularity=more player base = more plat sale
    Win win situation for all of us

22. The Following User Says Thank You to KarTik1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KarTik1 View Post
    @cinco
    And yes one more thing you replied to many people that you were playing 6-10 hrs every day from last decade .
    But there is a difference between you and everyone else in the community
    It is your work to do that thing and you earn from it which i respect but other dont have that luxury we have another things to do in our life .
    I do respect your work but the communities and your perspective is not same .
    Why to bother that much about such thing where you can announce and give all al players link for a poll .
    Where community will decide how they want to run the game .
    More popularity=more player base = more plat sale
    Win win situation for all of us

I think cinco does not agree that the playerbase has the ability to decide longterm changes as well as he can himself since we cannot know what the future plans are for AL. He mentioned that before and I agreed to it regarding some older topics. Not sure about this one (tho I cant be sure since Idk what exactly they are aiming for with this decision).

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

The new level cap will include another revision (i.e. flattening) of the XP curve.

And the issue where you could get max XP from quests that were (any number of) levels below your toon would make the upcoming 86 fast cap a total joke. We want the race to 86 to have some lil' tiny bit of meaning. This is the big reason for the change.
    I accidentally liked this comment but how about reduce the xp AFTER they hit level cap or near it. So 81’s now will get the current xp while players levels 1-80 get the old xp back. Stop being stingy with inventory slots and put it back where we can buy it with some type of tokens. I understand the business aspect of things but you are literally going to kill your own game. Making these huge changes to things that been in the game +6 years for more money isn’t the way to go. Awakes make y’all enough money not to mention locked crates. I feel as the other developer was better in the aspect that they listened after a while or looked for different ways to improve the game. It seems like you think how you think and we are supposed to accept it.

If you keep the game how it is (reduced xp, inventory slots, no decent drops in maps, no raids or anything to do at endgame) you won’t have any new players, and if you do they won’t stay long. The old players will play until they bored and quit like MOST of them have already cause theres nothing to do. We are asking for simple changes. Make the game interesting again.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AL_LilTecca For This Useful Post: