Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, Bye guys and new implements:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Well, Bye guys and new implements:

Please read this, and please do not troll or flame me.

Yes, I have tried to quit before.
    I lost my 58 glyph stuff and left before coming back, along with other things.

But this time, I'm probably leaving for sure.

I realize what I did was wrong. But let me just say that, in my weak defense, that it wasn't entirely my fault. In fact, I believe this is a NEW clever way of destroying someone.

I saw one of my "friends" with a shiny new demonic set and lots of gold. Won't name it, but I've sent it to support already. I knew from past experiences that he was "poor," so when I saw those items, I immediately asked him where he got it from. He gave me a name, and I asked that person. They told me that they would give me demonic, gold, and platinum. I've never been rich in game, my net worth probably 2.5 million in items and 100k in gold, so I immediately wanted it.

Ends up I was wrong.
    Whoever it was, they switched my account's email, meaning I had no access to it. The worst part was that I KNEW they were on my account, sending items away. I even pm'ed them and they taunted me back, from MY account. And I couldn't do anything.

EVERYTHING on my account was still there. I tried in all ways to contact support, but it was the weekend so I waited SUCH a long time before they finally replied. If they'd checked earlier, I may have gotten my stuff back with minimal losses. They took my:

Custom set
    Enchanted set
    L51 Royal/fury set
    All my 25 sets
    L15 artisans
    L56 big top mace, forgotten bow
    100k gold
    Orcish bow

May not seem like much, but I've been nice and given stuff away and farmed nearly all of it. I was very angry, mostly because of the horrible weekend deal with support.

Also, they deleted one of my prized chars, named "lag" so if you see lag in game, that is NOT ME. It is the scammer who took all my stuff.

So before I go, I would VERY much like to see new things implemented in game to help prevent any of this for further players:

Weekend support system.
    I tried emailing, FB, even calling. Got no reply.
    Atleast hire 1 person to check emails on sat. and sun. I'm guessing that funds would be sufficient enough.

Switching account emails:
    I was very surprised at how EASY it was to change emails. Go to spacetime nexus, click modify account, type new email, and bam.

I think that the game should send a confirmation email TO your email account verifying you wish to switch. This would've prevented a lot of things.

Giving away items:
    Of course, with my pink items that I worked so hard for, whomever was on my account wouldn't delete them all. They would transfer them through giving to their account chars.
    I think that, aside from a login password, there should be a "give pass". It would be different from your password, and when you want to give someone something, you type it in and it lets you give for the next x minutes before asking it again.

Also, after say 10 failed tries, it locks your items and account and sends an email to you. This way,

1. Items cannot be accidently given.
    Say you want to compare stats on someone, but accidently hit "give."
    2. People on your account wouldn't know your give password, therefore no items can be lost through transfers.

That's all I can think of now. If you want to chill with me before I leave after today, add "bunnyshoota"
    To recap,
    1. Ik that this is a very unorganized and jumbled read. Please do note what I have written though.
    2. This has been a great game and community, but I think our newer generation of members should learn some respect.
    3. I am NOT lag anymore; please report him if you see him.
    4. Good luck to all players, and
    5. NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD unless you want to learn it the hard way like I did.

This is all I can think of now, and for my last few days (probably unless if I get a dragon set on a run with a friend) I will work to see these implemented.
    Add me in game as I will chill with my buds a few more hours on bunnyshoota.

Good bye everyone, I had a great time here. I really did not think it would have to end like this.
    I might spend time on forums, I just don't know.

-Bunnyshoota
    Last edited by Bunnyshoota; 09-30-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I know they work on weekends sometimes cuz ive been banned during a weekend, probably thats y they were so busy lol
    And yeh they answer my emails about it over the weekend too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Bye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    I know they work on weekends sometimes cuz ive been banned during a weekend, probably thats y they were so busy lol
    And yeh they answer my emails about it over the weekend too
    Yes, just not fast enough.
    If my emails were answered and done within an hour, I might've stayed.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Maybe they just love me
    I got a reply in 20 mins on a sunday o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyshoota View Post
    I think that the game should send a confirmation email TO your email account verifying you wish to switch. This would've prevented a lot of things.
    Very good idea here. Perhaps they should make it so the only way to change an email address OR password is by a link sent to your email address on file. Perhaps also a way using your email account to close the connection, i.e. if someone has your password and is signed onto your account, then you could boot them off.

This way even if someone had your account password, you could change the password and boot them off your account before they could cause any damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

im sry bro really sucks for u sad to see u go hope u come back bye!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23165&d=1358582883
    Legends Don't Die They Just Fade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyshoota View Post
    Please read this, and please do not troll or flame me.

Switching account emails:
    I was very surprised at how EASY it was to change emails. Go to spacetime nexus, click modify account, type new email, and bam.

-Bunnyshoota
    I think you got the wrong idea here buddy, In PL when someone changes there email address STS send a confirmation email to the old email address to make sure that your the same person who's originally hold the accounts and the same person who wants to change his email address.

HOW DO I KNOW THIS?
    I have changed my email once in PL and I did get a confirmation email about the new email address. So I have no idea what you're talking about Pal.

Hope everything works out well for you!
    Last edited by Multibird; 09-30-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    I think you got the wrong idea here buddy, In PL when someone changes there email address STS send a confirmation email to the old email address to make sure that your the same person who's originally hold the accounts and the same person who wants to change his email address.

HOW DO I KNOW THIS?
    I have changed my email once in PL and I did get a confirmation email about the new email address. So I have no idea what you're talking about Pal.

Hope everything works out well for you!
    Well, I checked my email and there was none.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

O.o maybe they only changed your pw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

90% threat 10% truth?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Bye
    outstanding

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Very good idea here. Perhaps they should make it so the only way to change an email address OR password is by a link sent to your email address on file. Perhaps also a way using your email account to close the connection, i.e. if someone has your password and is signed onto your account, then you could boot them off.

This way even if someone had your account password, you could change the password and boot them off your account before they could cause any damage.
    To clarify this, they do infact send you an email saying your password is has been changed. Ive been in this situation before and i infact got the email saying password and email has been changed and if it wasnt you to contact support so i did and it took 2 days all items wiped out gold gone but i didnt care or quit i was happy i got my accound back.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Just in case you forgot to read the message that shows up every time you join a game/town:

-Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated
    -Do not give your email/password to anyone

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

:-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Well, as the age-old saying goes, greedy noobs are greedy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

1.I want the name lag And on a side note, PL has constantly reminded us not to gve away our infos. Even if it was sheer greed. How can you leave your valuable items items there and gve your account info? Hope you learned your lesson there.

Ex-Ambassador Of Alterra
    Proud member of Turbo
    Whatever, life's still gonna move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Well, if this story can be verified, I would be willing to give you a few Forgotten Bows and 100K. Unfortunately, I don't have a Custom, Enchanted or Fury set, but I may have some lvl 25 pieces - probably not a full set anymore, I been running a bunch of random contests, so my inventory is a bit low.

Hate to be so cynical, but I've heard so many sob stories, and have been scammed enough times that I am always wary...unfortunate, but that's the way it is these days.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

This isn't meant as a flame, but this stuff gets posted here so often that's it's hard not to facepalm. This is exactly why you never give out account info. Even to your friends. 90% of the time this stuff happens, it seems like someone's "friend" was involved. Nobody will ever give you platinum. Ever. Ever ever ever ever ever. It is a scam 100% of the time.

That said, having an email confirmation when you change account info is a great idea.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Guild wars 2 bro. Guild wars 2.