Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The forgotten difference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Red face The forgotten difference

There has been a lot of arguing about forgotten weapons in the past, this is true. Some would say that another forgotten weapon thread would be kicking a dead horse. I disagree, and I have something new to bring to the table.

Exhibit A
    Name:  71 Forgotten difference.png
Views: 2295
Size:  146.8 KB

Here we have a picture of the difference between an Elite blaster set and a forgotten bow, which is about to be equipped. The forgotten bow gives slightly more DPS and hit %, which points in its favor, but again, slightly. It lowers armor, dodge, health regen, and mana pool. The proc lowers hit % by 30 %, which really isn't much considering the average endgamer has oober high hit % anyway.

Next, Exhibit B

Name:  51 Forgotten difference.png
Views: 1037
Size:  138.8 KB

This is a level 51 with what I would consider "top tier" gear. While this is not as accurate due to the fact that it would be an impossible dual spec, it still proves my final point in a way. First, the stats are not that much higher than the old "top tier" gear. If you think they are, you might not want to see the next screenshots to come.

Exhibit C

Name:  17 Talon Forgotten difference.png
Views: 1027
Size:  141.8 KB

This is the stat difference from a level 17 pink talon and 15 pink (platinum purchased) wing. This was a very common combination among low level bears in the past, not so much now. I think the dps being multiplied by itself speaks for itself, but just in case, I'll help it. If you haven't already noticed, DPS in low level is actually DPS. The tiny amount of armor means that the DPS stat will be much more accurate on the battlefield. Just to clarify, this is 2x the DPS from the previous common weapon.

Exhibit D

Name:  17 SBL-Talon difference.png
Views: 1249
Size:  136.2 KB

The previous "special" weapon. The Snowball Launcher (SBL), is very much overpowered in low level PvP. This was also a commonly used weapon before the forgotten bows, the 15 purple SBL. It ranged from 350-500k. The proc freezes your opponent if you're lucky, giving you the chance to stomp them for a COMBO, dealing extra damage and looking pretty sweet. The forgotten proc debuffs hit percentage down 30%, which is a big deal in low level, where every hit counts (especially when they deal 200+ damage when buffed). Notice that the DPS goes up 62 points and the proc is debatably stronger. No stats go down in this trade for weapons, so long as you're trading for the forgotten bow.

Before the forgotten update, most (if not all) low level bears were pure spec dexterity. At 51-56 PvP, bears dual spec-ed dexterity and strength. At endgame, anything was possible, but usually the only pure dexterity spec would be a bird.

The point (finally): 70-71 PvP was slightly affected by this update because the weapons stats just weren't up to par to compete with the endgame weapons in the first place. It's just not worth giving up the set bonus and 70 crafted weapons/shields (or 71 elite blaster in this case). 51-56 PvP was affected because the stats on the forgotten weapons slightly trump the stats on the 51-56 weapons, but when the base stat requirement was raised, PvP mostly returned to normal, as few gave up their dual spec to equip a forgotten bow. Lastly, we have 10-17 PvP, where the stat difference is pretty similar, and obviously overpowered. The damage doubles that of the previously used weapons, and even goes as far as to add to other stats like dodge and hit % (when paired with the SBL). Since most low level bears were pure spec anyway, the base dexterity requirement being raised did not quite fix this weapons dominance over all others. I could write a book on how OP these bows made birds, but I don't know the first thing about birds.

I'm not quite finished though, here we have Exhibit E

Name:  17 SBL-Talon difference.png
Views: 1249
Size:  136.2 KB

For all of you darlings who want to wag your finger and say "Oh but the SBL was OP before, and no one complained then ", I show you this. A considerable amount more DPS, sure, but take a closer look. -11 Hit %, and -9 Armor. That's a huge disadvantage. HUGE. Now, you're probably saying "Oh but the SBL freezes, silly ". I'd just like to give a free tip to those newcomers. Mages can heal out of the freeze proc. Birds can use shatter to free themselves. Bears can use stomp to free themselves, and if timed right, they can stomp a bear away, effectively juking away from the stomp while avoiding a deadly shatter combo. The SBL was beatable, shame on any who say otherwise.

Here are the last two, they go hand in hand. Exhibit F and G

Name:  Forgotten Kite.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  23.8 KB

Me using my X-bow to kite a forgotten bow. In this situation, it is either a stalemate (because my opponent will be smart enough to run back and take cover from my long range weapon), or I am at the advantage (because my opponent will not be smart enough to do that, and I will hit them with a dozen arrows before they get within range).

Name:  Forgotten Wall.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  22.8 KB

Me using my forgotten bow, hiding behind a wall. In this situation, it is either a stalemate (because my opponent won't walk around the wall to their guaranteed death), or I have the advantage (because my opponent is dumb enough to walk around the wall to his/her guaranteed death).

I just had to add these last two to help people visually grasp the concept that kiting doesn't always work. When the first stalemate occurs, the forgotten user must run to cover, and if they're smart, they will see the X-bow from far away and just camp behind a wall. When they take cover or sit behind said wall, the second stalemate occurs. At this point, the two must either agree to use something other than forgotten bows, or the X-bow user must switch to the forgotten bow. When either player chooses to no cooperate, it all boils down to the forgotten weapons. Since most here know that low level isn't exactly "full" of cooperative players, you can make an educated guess that they won't be calling, they will be using the OP forgotten bow in the case of a stalemate. With such an overpowered weapon, the use of it is inevitable, if someone wishes to succeed. It's not just the cheap common weapon here guys, its the only option.

Thanks for reading. (If you didn't read it all, save your flames for another time)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yich For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

The horse is dead.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    The horse is dead.
    As is low level PvP.

EDIT: not that you read any of this. lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    As is low level PvP.

EDIT: not that you read any of this. lol.
    I didn't need to.

Bro, no matter how hard you try, the weapons are here to stay. It's been what, almost a month since the forgotten level was added? And you're still complaining...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

ya u need to get over it if it bothers u that much quit PvP thats all i gotta say.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23165&d=1358582883
    Legends Don't Die They Just Fade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I didn't need to.

Bro, no matter how hard you try, the weapons are here to stay. It's been what, almost a month since the forgotten level was added? And you're still complaining...
    So? If you disagreed with something strongly enough, you'd probably complain for a while too. I agree with Yich, as I'm sure many others do as well. It doesn't matter how long they've been out for. There's been zero compromise with it, and it's still a common problem for a lot of PvPers. Sitting around and keeping quiet with your opinion anything won't do anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    So? If you disagreed with something strongly enough, you'd probably complain for a while too. I agree with Yich, as I'm sure many others do as well. It doesn't matter how long they've been out for. There's been zero compromise with it, and it's still a common problem for a lot of PvPers. Sitting around and not saying anything won't do anything.
    Ok, but how many threads have been posted? Countless. If STS actually cared, they would've fixed it by now. Why fight it? Why not accept the weapons and just play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aheath99 View Post
    ya u need to get over it if it bothers u that much quit PvP thats all i gotta say.
    Thank you for your words of wisdom. Now go away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Ok, but how many threads have been posted? Countless. If STS actually cared, they would've fixed it by now. Why fight it? Why not accept the weapons and just play.
    Your method is to just give up and not try to fight it. Other people have different methods, accept it. If you don't agree with this thread, and think it's a pointless attempt, don't post in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Your method is to just give up and not try to fight it. Other people have different methods, accept it. If you don't agree with this thread, and think it's a pointless attempt, don't post in it.
    Exactly. Some things just aren't worth losing sleep over. It's a video game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

This one is different, even if only slightly. It shows not only before and after pictures for low level, it shows before and after pictures for high level as well. It shows how the high level players weren't affected at all, yet they still want to chime in their opinion about a part of the game in which they don't spend time in. Wouldn't it seem a bit ridiculous if someone with no endgame toon made disagreed with you about a new sets stats?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Exactly. Some things just aren't worth losing sleep over. It's a video game...
    "It's a video game" is a like a last resort in my opinion. It IS a video game. It's a video game that I spend time and money on, not that that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I think we should just make the sbls and all the old weaps do 2x the damage of the forgotten stuff

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Hear ye hear ye TL;DR but yes support for a nice article^^

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Please keep this thread constructive. Thanks.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    Please keep this thread constructive. Thanks.
    That means a lot from you Delphina. Thanks.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Yich For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I read the entire post. Despite the fact that I was sure this horse was already glue. Keep in mind that while true pvp players are very passionate they do make up a small percentage of the population. Also keep in mind both Halloween and wf are right around the corner. I will be shocked if there isn't some new armor and weapons that will bring balance on the way.

For now I would suggest starting a tourney or even a pvp league (pick a level say 15 set up a schedule and track standings and end it with a "super brawl" like event. These threads are not helping anything and are overly similar to the founder freak out threads of the past
    Just my 2 plat

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I agree bows are OP,
    but the horse is looonnnngggg dead...
    besides, I still like killing players, no matter if their using talon/bow/snowball

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Like-A-Boss View Post
    I agree bows are OP,
    but the horse is looonnnngggg dead...
    besides, I still like killing players, no matter if their using talon/bow/snowball
    I merely thought that visual assistance was needed for any high level regular to see how much of a stat difference the forgotten bows actually are in low level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Your welcome for the pics, noob.