Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kavanah's Berserker Build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vulgarstrike View Post
    this thread should be renamed the Fat Mans Build. berserker sounds very DeXish
    Berserkers have never been dex based in any lore. A tank dpser is a great lore description of a berserker and that's what this build is
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

yo kananah wats the better build to follow top or bottom
    ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    "My love for you is like a truck, BERSERKER
    Would you like some making"...
    nevermind, anyway very cool guide. I'm interested to know if this build's high health and skill damage makes it at all viable in PvP. I tried out a full Int enchantress after the stat-driven skills update and discovered that you still really need Dex to compete in PvP with a mage, but a full Str bear, especially with Isis on would just be so hard to kill...
    I'm not sure if you know this, but my pure Mage has brought instant respect from chankleta and chaudex who I see as some of the best pvpers around in the paladin and warrior build. I can consistently rank 1st and 2nd in kills. the only downside is i am destined to die by archers.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoXu View Post
    royce, play a pure tank player and you'll see what i mean. obviously you can't ko full str bears but after 10 secs, they become very fragile. i played about 5 full str bears and i was always at full hp, due to the fact they can't hit me AT ALL because of their lack of dex.
    I do have a Str/Dex tank actually, his name's Royce-Fnord But anyway, I wasn't disagreeing in general that Dex is useful for PvP, just disagreeing with your use of the word "tank", and your assertion that they are "easy" to take down. And remember just when you think a tank's buffs are running out, your hit% debuff on them will also be running out
    Anyway, guess I'll have to respec to full Str and try it out. I've just been too busy playing with my 3 mages' stats since the stat-driven skill update to spend much time on my bear. I'm sure I'll go back to some Dex after testing it, but exactly how much should be interesting to determine, just like it now is for Int mages.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you won't believe me until you try; so go play a full str bear.
    and i'm sorry but i don't get your 'tank' definition. did i use it in the wrong context?
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do have a Str/Dex tank actually, his name's Royce-Fnord But anyway, I wasn't disagreeing in general that Dex is useful for PvP, just disagreeing with your use of the word "tank", and your assertion that they are "easy" to take down. And remember just when you think a tank's buffs are running out, your hit% debuff on them will also be running out
    Anyway, guess I'll have to respec to full Str and try it out. I've just been too busy playing with my 3 mages' stats since the stat-driven skill update to spend much time on my bear. I'm sure I'll go back to some Dex after testing it, but exactly how much should be interesting to determine, just like it now is for Int mages.
    Hate to play devil's advocate here, but technically speaking, there are no 'tanks' in pvp. Since there is no way to 'taunt' players to attack you and there is no such thing as aggro in pvp, the term tank really doesn't exist. What do you call a low burst dps, high health player in pvp? Probably something like low priority target.

I am curious with the testing going on, has anyone determined just how much extra damage/healing is being increased for every point invested in the primary stat?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bentmer View Post
    Hate to play devil's advocate here, but technically speaking, there are no 'tanks' in pvp. Since there is no way to 'taunt' players to attack you and there is no such thing as aggro in pvp, the term tank really doesn't exist.
    I disagree. Taunt is barely effective for holding aggro even in PvE. So just like PvE, a PvP tank has to control opponents with beckon and stuns
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicdevyn View Post
    yo kananah wats the better build to follow top or bottom
    ??
    There is only one build that I have listed. That's the main build which is my "near" pure tanking build that I have saved in my "Tank" loadout. The other loadout which I've titled my "zerker" loadout is simply for me to adjust to a game with more tanks in it, that I would be tanking less so I could switch to a loadout with more DPS.

So the main questions you have to ask yourself is, "do I like the playstile of ursans?", "do I like their skills?", "do I want to be more of a tanker, a damage dealer, or be able to switch between both while compromising on damage and tanking dps?" The whole point of this setup is so that I can go from being a heavy tanker to being a decent DPS.
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I disagree. Taunt is barely effective for holding aggro even in PvE. So just like PvE, a PvP tank has to control opponents with beckon and stuns
    It may not work very well in PvE, but it totally doesn't work in PvP

The basic concept of a tank is to get the enemies to hit you instead of them. Stuns and movement control skills are a form of crowd control, not aggro control. You're still not getting them to attack you when you beckon or stomp them. You are just getting them to temporarily stop attacking others.

I'm speaking of PvP in general by the way. In all of the MMO's I've ever played, the tank is probably the least useful build in PvP. Unless you count flag running or something. It would be cool to see something where you could actually force a player to attack you for a few seconds tho. I understand that it is almost impossible go program that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bentmer View Post
    It would be cool to see something where you could actually force a player to attack you for a few seconds tho. I understand that it is almost impossible go program that.
    It's been suggested that Taunt in PvP should cause any oppents in range to automatically target you at least momentarilly. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it would definitely make tanks more useful for PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey kavanah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

It's been suggested that Taunt in PvP should cause any oppents in range to automatically target you at least momentarilly. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it would definitely make tanks more useful for PvP.
    not a bad idea... tho means the bear gets the axe in a huge group brawl.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd opt out vengeful slash for crippling slash and 4 skills in taunt for 4 in crushing blow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    I love all your ideas. +1
    this is a great idea. +3 forum points.
    Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    This is awesome idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    +10 win points to you!